Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Been playing Hitman Contracts on Steam. Been a while since I played anything on my PC but I got some of the older Hitman games on there and got the urge to play it. I always really liked the very dark atmosphere in this game, and the OST is absolutely amazing by Jesper Kyd. It really sets the scene for the levels, all of which are pretty damn immersive, even for quite an old game.

Reactions: Alexa and Crash

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I started my Skyrim playthrough and I can already tell I'm having the 'Fallout problem' of looting everything I see. What's inventory management anyways? :hayden3
So far, I'm loving the hell out of it. Nice to have the little visual bump as well on the remastered version. It still looks great and feels quite immersive.

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm close to finishing Elden Ring at this point, at least the main questline. I got to a place called Crumbling Farum Azula (Visually, it is amazing).

elden-ring-how-to-complete-crumbling-farum-azula-guide-1.large.jpg

Managed to beat the Fire Giant to get here. Was a tricky boss at first, but I eventually figured it out and I'm glad my dual swords I got from one of the bosses deals so much damage. Mimic Tear I have found to be the best Spirit Ash, it basically makes a clone summon of yourself with your gear. So it's like having two of you dealing damage to the boss, very very helpful. If you play it, and are planning to do a strength build, make sure you pick up the Starscourge Greatsword after defeating General Radahn. They are well worth upgrading too. Being able to hit hard here was very much needed, he's incredibly tanky and has so much HP. Also, this game I feel has a huge difficulty spike in the end game, I thought I was overleveled but I was very much mistaken. :lol

Reactions: Crash and Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yakuza 3 is such a mixed bag of a game. I remember I was going to start with this one, and I definitely made the right choice to go with Yakuza 0 first. The story is pretty entertaining, and I like the whole thing with Kiryu and the Orphanage especially. He's really likeable in this game. There's a lot of cool side stories as well, I've been having the most fun doing those so far. It's just the combat feels like such a chore sadly. You can tell it's one of the older titles because there's not really a whole lot of variety in terms of fighting styles. Bosses are quite frustrating because the AI just blocks constantly, which isn't very fun to fight against because there's not a whole lot you can do, just slowly work them down and get the rare hit in. It takes forever. :lol I'd say outside of the combat and bosses, it's a fun time. I just can feel myself dreading those parts I guess, which is a shame. I looked forward to the fights in the other games.

I'd still say it's worth playing if you can get past that aspect as I do like the story, and the remastered version visually looks nice. It's crisp and the framerate is super solid. 60FPS always feels so nice.

Reactions: Crash and Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Played some Half-Life 2 and my first thought was that I'm blown away by how good that game still looks for a 2004 game. I wasn't sure how it would have aged graphically, but it looks fantastic even on modern screens. Glad how easy it was to boot up as well, normally with some old games you have to tinker around to get them working on Windows 10. The environments are stunning, and the lighting is on point. It's taking some getting used to playing an FPS on Keyboard & Mouse again, I can't remember the last time I did so. I do like the precision of using a mouse to aim weapons when you get used to it, compared to a controller. Combat I always thought was really awesome in this series, it still holds up really well in that regard as well.

Reactions: Alexa and Crash

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Finished Elden Ring today. Checked my trophy list afterwards and I'm surprised at how many hidden trophies I still need to get, plenty of bosses I've not encountered yet. Going to start my Journey 2 and respec as a Mage. I never really use magic in these games, so I'm looking forward to a new challenge. My first playthroughs are always tanky strength builds with a lot of health because it's just what I'm comfortable with. One good thing about playing a Mage though is you can stay out of range and just use your spells at a distance, so I can see myself enjoying that aspect about it. Overall, this game was an incredible experience and much like Dark Souls/Bloodborne, it is an experience that I'll never forget. Felt like such a satisfying journey, and so many cool locations to explore and get lost in, I'd actually say the last Legacy Dungeon was my favourite, Crumbling Farum Azula. It was pretty dope.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Platinumed Gotham Knights and Guardians of the Galaxy recently.

Now that I have a PS5 I have quite a few games to play. God of War Ragnarok eventually.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Hitman: Blood Money was a masterpiece. I used to have that game memorized so I could speed run the levels. I got the HD version but on xbox they upped it to 60fps and the aiming just feels off so I didn't play it too much.

I loved the level where you go to the opera and switch the prop gun for a real gun.
Best game in the series by far. I wish they remade some of its missions as DLC for the reboot trilogy.
The mission in the club with sharks is my favourite.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Played a game called What Remains of Edith Finch last night. Ended up being so immersed in it, that I finished it all in one playthrough. It's not a terribly long game, about two hours if you examine/see everything. I just found the storyline really just blew me away. Very heavy game that hits you emotionally. For sure recommend giving it a look if you like those 'walking simulator' exploration type games with an engrossing story. Visually a very pretty game too. My only gripe is with the frame rate which was quite rough and felt below 30FPS, but I got used to it.

Reactions: Crash and Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Killed my first dragon last night in Skyrim. :garrett I keep getting side-tracked, there's so much to see and do in this game, in a good way though. I can tell I'm enjoying a game when I actively want to go out and explore, because I can get fatigued by open world games very quickly normally unless they are well made and interesting to explore like this one is. I really enjoy conquering the dungeons and exploring those, it gives me some Dark Souls type vibes. Although I definitely feel as though I've been in some areas that are a bit too hard for my current level. :lol The bow has come very much in handy in this game so far with the sneak attack and being patient. You get plenty of arrows too, which is damn nice.

Reactions: Stellar and Crash