Last Time Hardy/Rhodes Defended The Tag Titles: Never

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adampro123

Reaction score
thought it was worth reading.
got it from wrestlezone.com

In case you haven't noticed, and many apparently haven't, Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes haven't defended their WWE World Tag Team Championships on television in about four and a half months. The last time they defended the belts on television was the night after Armageddon on December 17, 1007 when they defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch in their lone title defense. Of course, Holly & Rhodes have wrestled tag matches on Raw since then, but they've all been non-title matches.

MikeRaw

Hardy?
Lol, I know you meant Holly... Its alright.
But ya lol, thats just wrong. Its stupid to have tag titles if you cant even put up a proper division. They have trouble with two belts, I say just have one tag team championship and putit for all 3 brands, because right now, WWE doesnt know what to do with the tag belts...

Hometown Kid

Hardy?
But ya lol, thats just wrong. Its stupid to have tag titles if you cant even put up a proper division. They have trouble with two belts, I say just have one tag team championship and putit for all 3 brands, because right now, WWE doesnt know what to do with the tag belts...

I would agree with that statement...lets face it the tag division is just lost right now...but I think they could save it if they utilized their talent better...I mean what's Elijah Burke doing right now? Just pair him with some young guy and let them make a run...

Adampro123

Reaction score
Hardy?

lol yeah i just copied and pasted from wrestlezone.

but i agree they should only have 1 tag team division since they use it so poorly on raw. they have the teams to make it good they just don't wanna push these guys or give them a chance to have PPV matches or storylines.

Evil Austin

I mean I was starting to forget who were the tag team champions in the first place, this is bringing the tag team titles down. Make a decent rivalry and matches with them or don't give it to them. I mean even in my BTB waw we are wrestling when I could admit I had nothing to do with the tag titles anymore I took that division away for about a month and now its back... So don't have it if you don't use it. I got no problem with Holly / Rhodes champions but they don't even act like it..

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea this is complete bull shit. If I'm not mistaken your supposed to defend your championship every month, if not you have to drop it. God only knows what will happen now that Santino has gotten arrested for a dui because him and Carlito are supposed to get a title shot.

noumenon

WWE has what they need to make an incredible tag divison. But yeah, it would probably be best if cut down to one set of tag titles.

Kendrick and London
Cryme Tyme
Deuce and Domino
The Highlanders
Cade and Murdoch
Hawkins and Ryder
Jesse and Festus

Now those are actual fuckin tag teams. For some reason though WWE has this unfathomable fascination with the stupid ass odd couple tag teams for as far back as I can fuckin remember. Right now theres two of them holding both tag titles! And the number one contenders for the RAW titles are an odd couple team too.

Adampro123

Reaction score
WWE has what they need to make an incredible tag divison. But yeah, it would probably be best if cut down to one set of tag titles.

Kendrick and London
Cryme Tyme
Deuce and Domino
The Highlanders
Cade and Murdoch
Hawkins and Ryder
Jesse and Festus

Now those are actual fuckin tag teams. For some reason though WWE has this unfathomable fascination with the stupid ass odd couple tag teams for as far back as I can fuckin remember. Right now theres two of them holding both tag titles! And the number one contenders for the RAW titles are an odd couple team too.

I totally agree with this,yet i still really like the team of jimmy yang and shanon moore. and miz and morison are a very good team too.but honestly i think morison should be having a big singles push right now.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Wow, I hadn't really noticed. This reminds me of the OJ US Title reign, where in the first three months of his reign, he only defended the title once, and that was against Holly on Velocity. WWE, time for one tag division.

fteezy

Reaction score
Hardy?

Thats what I been saying for the longest now.. but the last time I mentioned them unifying the Titles in here.. these dumbasses claimed it would be a bad idea... why keep two tag titles if you don't even have a tag division?

Airfixx

Agreed on the tri-brand title idea. I think that's commonly acknowledged as the way forward....

What I don't understand is how we've got to the point where virtually any team has to beat the champs in a non-title match before they get an actual title shot...

Airfixx

^^^I don't think anyone would dissagree with you, but the problem is bigger than who they have holding the belts.

Hometown Kid

^^ Its more about the crappiness of the tag division in general than just the crappiness of the champs...plus The Miz is 1'000 times worse than those 2 as tag champs...

MikeRaw

Ya really... WWE could have a very good tag division. not all the teams are super over but they are good enough in the ring to cover for that. And most teams are over enough to be a solid tag team.

I would, as I said before only have one belt, and I dont know why the hell WWE cant understand that and do it.
But if they wanted, they could have 2 tag matches on each show (raw, sd, ecw) instead of the damn squash matches they have now.
And Im fine with having a tag team of two main event rivals, but WWE does that too often, and even gives them the belts, which is dumb. Just give us a real tag division...

Cryme Tyme
London/Kendrick
Jesse/Festus
JimmyWangYang/Shannon Moore
Holly/Rhodes

Miz/Morisson
Cade/Murdoch
Highlanders
Edgeheads
Cantino(Santino/Carlito)