Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

RAW wasn't too bad tonight. It was pretty much the wind down show from Wrestlemania. Not too many matches on the card, the night pretty much once again revolved around Ric Flair (no problem there.) Let's run it down...

Show opened up with Orton cutting his victory promo. It seems that we may have to endure a bried JBL/Orton title program, maybe culminating in a match at Backlash, which really makes no sense as Backlash is usually a rematch of Wrestlemania in one form or another. This kinda confirms my thoughts of a draft lottery happening sometime soon...nothing too significant was set up tonight. We also got a run in from Matt...taking out his revenge on the Legend Killer.

CRYME TYME MADE THEIR RETURN! Does WWE finally realize that the tag division needs some help!?

KENDRICK AND LONDON GO OVER HOLLY AND RHOADES!!!!! Sign of good things to come here. It seems they dropped the Kendrick bailing on London angle already.

Y2J vs. CM PUNK.......................WWE what the fuck are you thinking...honestly. Yes, it was a great match, yes it was entertaining but it made so sense AT ALL! CM Punk just won a title shot in the MITB ladder match and yet he gets beaten cleanly by the IC champion....WHAT!?
So let's run this one down..
CM Punk is the ECW champion.
CM Punk plays bitch to Chavo for months now, losing cleanly time and time again.
But then is suddenly good enough to win the MITB ladder match.
But Chavo loses his title in 5 seconds to Kane who's been used to squash low carders for the past 2 years.
THEN CM Punk, the number one contender for any world title he chooses loses cleanly to a second tier champion. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

Matt Hardy vs Orton.... once again made their champion look weak to a guy who's been perpetually stuck on the mid card for 4 years now and they still haven't had capture a second tier title...wonderful. Orton won this one with an RKO out of nowhere.

Anyway... another priceless Santino segment also took place. "TWO-AH....THREE....A-FOUR..................EIGHTY EIGHT! EIGHTY NINE!" This guys is pure gold... I love everything he does, greatest jobber in the history of the company..lol.

The night ended with another emotional Flair segment. LMAO at the guy who posted about Steph flipping about people breaking character.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
hey i know you! lol.

anyways raw was very very very good tonight IMO one of the best raws in a very long time...well idk last weeks was awesome too. WWE is really turning it around and is the best company by far right now.....and some peopledare call me some Indie or TNA mark.lol.

lol i havent been on the forum in a while cause of school but im back and will be on often.

the dark knight

probably one of the best raws i've seen in such a long time. it goes with the raw vince came back in, the raw when vince was blown to smithereens and the raw that had edge vs orton...

seriously, there wasn't a minute that i skipped. i usually fast forward through most of the show but it was different.

the start with orton telling everyone how good he is, was amazing, CRYME TYME COMING BACK got a woooooooooooooooooooooooo out of me, Y2J vs punk stole the show, tag team division is back with the fags defeating the nobodies, matt hardy's back, santino officially enters the women's division , batista's semi-heel turn, big show's thing with khali and ric flair's final speech...which was awesome.

WOW

kingovkings

Reaction score
yup yup i agree with TDK Raw rocked last night.
And i also never skipped through which i tend to do most weeks diva matches boring tag teams ect. Last night was really good punk/y2j had an awsome match and the flair thing was brilliant.
id give it 10/10 :)

TheAnswer

Reaction score
This Raw was the best I have seen in a long time. It had surprises, emotion, TAG TEAM wrestling, and entertainment.

I feel that WWE can pull off amazing shows like this one, if they get rid of the seperate brands. Can you imagine that Raw, than include Undertaker, MVP, and Edge. Once WWE stops doing this Brand Seperation wrestling will not be good, nor exciting. It ran its coarse, now its time to bring exciting television back.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Maria vs. Santino is going to be a show stealer! Awesome match!

^that my friend was an act^

What idiot thought about that match? Didn't they do that with Carlito & Torrie, idk why but WWE just loves men vs. women matches, lol. RAW best be good, I wanna see Truth baby

It's called getting heat. That's why they do men vs. girl matches to help get heels heat. It doesn't produce good matches obviously, but it's a great and effective have to get heels heat.

the dark knight

It's called getting heat. That's why they do men vs. girl matches to help get heels heat. It doesn't produce good matches obviously, but it's a great and effective have to get heels heat.

in santino's case, they just wanted the fans to get some laughs at the first man ever to wrestle in the divas division. no heel-building here....

Kaedon

Reaction score
in santino's case, they just wanted the fans to get some laughs at the first man ever to wrestle in the divas division. no heel-building here....

Everything that is done on screen is building, so youre both right.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea, I agree with what Dark Knight said too it was good for a laugh, but I having him hit Maria builds up heat. Santino is so great on the mic, but I think time is coming to actually let him wrestle and get in real feuds, I'm looking foward to seeing what he's going to do. It's amazing how horrible he was at being a face in all elements and how great he is as a heel. I look foward to him getting into some actual feuds with current wrestlers and not women and King.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
yea he need to start showing his ring skills. if he's half as good as he is on the mic, he'll be one of my fav's for a long time.

the dark knight

someone please explain to me how santino can be put up in real feuds....the guy sucks in the ring, he's too freakin small to be in any serious match and his character...just.....isn't a wrestling character.

he can be entertaining and all but PLEASE..

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well tbh I don't think we know what he can do in the ring. He's not that small, they just book him like a little bitch. I think if they booked him as an actual wrestler he'd be okay. But, again we've seen such a small sample of his wrestling, actually we've never really see him go for an entire match without help or something, that I think it's hard to judge whether he can be good or not. If he can improve or do well in the ring, he's definitely a star in the making, he's an absolutely fantastic heel.

noumenon

Agreed, this guy's character is absolute gold. His segments are one of the things that I truly look foward to every week on RAW. He's honestly wrestled about 10 matches tops that we've seen on TV. We have no idea how talented he really is because of the character he is playing right now. Believe me, I'm sure he's a lot better in the ring then he's actually letting on. He's not that small either... he's pretty much the same size as Jericho, we've seen them in a match together. And if they're giving little shits like Cody Rhoades titles who have absolutely no personality and little to no skills when they ARE trying then theres no reason not to push Santino. If you take away a little of the comedy and goofy aspect from his gimmick he could be an amazing heel in the IC title range...and no saying he couldn't go beyond that.

the dark knight

^Well tbh I don't think we know what he can do in the ring. He's not that small, they just book him like a little bitch. I think if they booked him as an actual wrestler he'd be okay. But, again we've seen such a small sample of his wrestling, actually we've never really see him go for an entire match without help or something, that I think it's hard to judge whether he can be good or not. If he can improve or do well in the ring, he's definitely a star in the making, he's an absolutely fantastic heel.
to me being good in the ring is kinda different.....i believe that if you have a fucked up joke of a character and a fucked up storyline, there's no way i'd enjoy your matches. and even wrestling wise, i dont see santino in a serious match.

John

the best bit of raw this week was Rick Flair's ceremony. everyone crying, hey even i cryed it was so good. and it was good to see that even major heels like EDGE, Orton and Chavo Gurrairo came out of character to celebrate for one night only. what a good way to end the career of rick flair.