• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Night in Soho (2021)

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
IrHfC86l.jpg

Release Date: October 22, 2021
Director: Edgar Wright
Writers: Edgar Wright (screenplay by), Krysty Wilson-Cairns (screenplay)
Stars: Anya Taylor-Joy, Jessie Mei Li, Matt Smith

Plot Summary: A young girl, passionate about fashion design, is mysteriously able to enter the 1960s where she encounters her idol, a dazzling wannabe singer. But 1960s London is not what it seems, and time seems to fall apart with shady consequences.

Trailer:

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Damn right it was. My top 3 Actress right now probably goes Maya Hawke, Anya Taylor Joy, and Jurnette Smollett all three are diving in so many roles. I smell hit here after watching this creepy Trailer.

Maya is great. I loved her in Stranger Things.

I think Anya has a really unique look and her eyes are amazing. She nails all the facial side of acting, like expressions and whatnot. Which is pretty important. All the small things are what I think has made her stand-out a ton.

Off-Topic: Those avatar and signatures choices! :banderas:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
This looks like a wild mind trip. I’ve become a big fan of Anya Taylor Joy, and Edgar Wright usually doesn’t disappoint.

Marty McFourth

This looks amazing honestly. I've been watching Spaced by Edgar Wright lately and forgot how special of a writer he is. It's pretty much a gurantee this movie will be good, especially with the great cast to boot. Matt Smith looks cool in this role.

Marty McFourth

Just got finished watching this, adored it! Visually this movie is stunning, I love how seamlessly they switch between the 60's London & present day. Like all the 60's scenes are so well done and it feels like you're actually there back in that era. It's always impressive to me when they capture an era from the past so well. Easily one of my favourite soundtracks I've heard in a long ass time too, 60's music was real damn good. The attention to detail in those scenes was so appreciated. Thomasin McKenzie was crazy good in the lead role, and I think this is my favourite Matt Smith performance that I've personally seen. Anya Taylor-Joy is amazing as always. This movie went in totally a different direction than I was expecting from the start, I loved all the little twists & turns in the plot. Pulled me in, and kept me intrigued until the end. The movie has so many shifts in tone too, like when they switch to more horror themes it's so smooth. Initially it starts out with a much different feel.

Glad I finally got around to this one, and I'd definitely recommend watching it if you can find the time. Edgar Wright has great direction, and the whole cast do a fantastic job. Up there with my favourites movies from 2021 now.