Lashley vs. Lesnar...When?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Well, it's only a matter of time. Neither have that many pro fights but Lesnar in short order has proven he's not the mother fucker to mess with!! Obviously both being former wrestling stars would make this a big money ppv. Hell, they could have it in a pretty large stadium if they wanted.

So, when will it happen and who wins?

G 3

Reaction score
It would be a good fight. According to sherdog they are the same height and weight. Bobby Lashley has a better record, but the people he has gone up against are nothing compared to Lesnar's win over Mir and Couture. If I were to put money on it, I'd say Lesnar. I doubt we will see this fight though.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Not anytime soon. Lashley is with Strike Force I believe, and Lesnar is with UFC. Lesnar still has to fight people like Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, and there trying to set up Mir vs Lesnar again.

Granted with at least 3 months rest between each fight.

And Dana White tries to seperate himself from WWE as much as possible so I doubt he would sign Lashley and immediatly put him in a fight with Lesnar. He would definitly have Lashley fight someone like Nogueria or Kongo before he would even consider a fight with Lesnar.

So it wont happen for at least a year and a half if it ever does.

Wordlife

^Have to agree with that post.

Both are separate leagues of MMA, if Dana White even allowed Lashley to join UFC, I don't see him fighting Lesnar off the bat whatsoever. Maybe down the line in a year or two, not right away, not anytime soon.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
the only way lashley gets to fight lesnar is if he takes down fedor. Lesnar hasn't really proved much to me, he made a rookie mistake first fight vs mir, slightly impressed me with the hearing fight, didn't impress me at all with the couture fight becuase couture was 46 and coming off a near 2 year retirement and was the much smaller fighter, and his 2nd fight with mir he still made a few mistakes but dominated the smaller fighter, im interested in seeing Mir/Lesnar 3 first to see how this more muscular Mir fares against lesnar

xtremebadass

UFC doesn't think much of fighter's records unless they have fought in the UFC. Sure it matters when first trying to enter the UFC, but if Lashley went to the UFC I doubt he would get the red carpet treatment. As EnterTamed said, if he beats Fedor you can damn sure bet he will get red carpet treatment and a title shot right away.

I really want to see Lashley fight more credible opponents, but the same problem with Fedor, is that fighters aren't as credible as fighters are in the UFC. That problem will always be there. If you want to be the best you have to fight and earn your reputation within the UFC. Lashley's victory over Bob Sapp was pretty good, but Bob Sapp is just one big ass dude. He means business, but nowhere enough skill compared to the top 10 HW's in the world. I hope Lashley gets a shot at Fedor, we can only hope, or Overeem, if he is even still in Strikeforce, I don't follow SF that much.

straight_edge76

Fedor/Lesnar will happen before Lashley/Lesnar imo.

Lesnar would eat both of them alive imo. Neither of them have beaten anybody nearly of the same calibur as Lesnar (Mir, Couture etc.) I mean I don't really follow much Strikeforce but obviously Lesnar has atleast beaten people who are relevant in the MMA world. Of course not taling anything away from Fedor nor Lashley its just fact UFC> SF competition wise.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
^fedor hasnt beat anyone near the calibur of lesnar? are you fucking kidding me! Lesnar's win over couture was garbage cuz of couture's extended haitus, and couture has really in my opinion only won 1 fight since coming back and that was against another mid 40's fight against coleman, Vera got screwed out of the decision against couture. Lesnar has had 5 fights, here are Fedors last 5 fights, in which he won all of them :brett rogers, andre arvloski, tim sylvia, hong man choi, and matt lindland. not to mention beating a much younger heath herring than lesnar fought and also beating Nog and Coleman both twice and beat sobral. but just ride lesnars dick while you're at it. Fedor beat probably the second best heavyweight of all time(Nog) twice in his prime so idk what youre talking about and brett rogers is in the top 10 heavyweight rankings, and arvloski was coming off 5 straight wins against caliber opponents

monkeystyle

Reaction score
lol Brett Rogers. The guy was hardly throwing punches and was gassed by the middle of the first round. Top ten heavyweight my ass. If he is there it is only due to lack of depth and not real skill.

Hong Man Choi is just big. That's all he has going for him.

Arlovski and Sylvia were considered big wins but considering the skids both of them hit afterwards you can clearly see they were not prime anymore.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
but trying to argue lesnar has fought better quality opponents. and arvloski has lost 2 fights in a row, not a big skid. losing to fedor and the rogers isn't exactly horrible. rogers almost beat fedor i might add. i wasn't saying that choi was a good fighter i was just bringing up his last 5 fights to prove that he's fought more quality opponents than lesnar. Fedor is the greatest heavyweight of all time and he's done that by beating quality opponents. when Rampage beat Liddel it was considered huge and it still is regardless of what liddell has done since. same with arvloski and fedor.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'll agree with you that Fedor has definitely fought a higher caliber opponent than Lesnar thus far but Lesnar is just huge. I think it will be hard for Fedor to handle someone that big and that fast for his size especially when you do take into consideration his fight with Rogers. Rogers was hardly doing anything but because he had 30 lbs on Fedor and a harder strike he had him in trouble for a bit before he gassed out.

Lesnar I don't think will have that problem. He's twice the wrestler (at least) that Rogers is and he'll throw mad punches and not get gassed before the first round is over.

Though tbh Lesnar is proof that there probably should be another weight class above heavyweight.

xtremebadass

Fedor without a doubt has been better tested against opponents then Lesnar. There is no doubt about that. Frank Mir probably was Lesnar's biggest test, in either of their fights. Couture was coming off that huge hiatus and probably shouldn't have been thrown in there with Lesnar so soon, but it's not like Couture bounced back after losing because now he is at LHW, so that is debatable if he wasn't ready or HW was just too much for him anymore. I wouldn't say Sylvia and Arlovski were really at their best at the time they fought Fedor. Affliction hyped the hell out of Arlovski just to make people believe he had a chance against Fedor. Arlovski was still top 10 when he fought Fedor, but that still didn't mean he stood a chance against him. The Tim Sylvia fight was a joke. No way Sylvia even deserved that fight. He was coming off a Decision with Vera followed by a loss to Nog, he only got that for name value, I was never a Tim Sylvia fan, he just wasn't that great of a fighter. I give Rogers credit for pushing Fedor that far into the fight. Last man to push Fedor into Round 2 was Coleman in 2006, so Rogers did bring alot to the table, but still Fedor's skills were just too much. Some say Lesnar's biggest advantage over Fedor would be his size, but that proves nothing because Rogers is just as big as Lesnar height and weight.

Lesnar really hasn't been tested at all except for Mir, if you can call that a test because Mir literally got no offense in on either of their fights. Lesnar jacked him up with hammer fists in the first fight before falling into that kneebar. Their UFC 100 fight was basically all Lesnar. Mir would definitely propose a bigger challenge for Lesnar now that he has put on all that muscle.