Lakers vs Hornets

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Rey Mysterio To Get HUGE Push

Rey Mysterio Jr. is now targeting and late May or July as his return to WWE competition. Expect a massive push when he returns.

source: WrestleZone
------

Well, hopefully not another major title run.

Reaction score
This, to me, is good news. I just finished watching Rey Mysterio vs RVD @ WWE vs ECW Head to Head from my Extreme Rules DVD. This was back when Rey was World Champion. It was a pretty entertaining match. As much as Rey is a Cruiserweight and not a Heavyweight, if wouldn't bother me one bit to see him with another major title. He sells, big time. People come to see Rey. He sells masks and t-shirts like hot-cakes and I wouldn't mind seeing him with the belt on his shoulder again. If Rey changed his mind and went back to ECW, after he turned down Heyman before, I think that would really help the brand get off it's feet and deliver some strong ratings.

3lions

Reaction score
The article went really in-depth reagrding the 'insider' information they gained on Rey's future push ...

Reaction score
^^ I would expect it either way. Rey sells TONS of merchandise for the company, thus making Vince a very happy camper. He knows how to carry matches and put on a good feud. Mysterio is very entertaining and he connects with the fans on a level beyond most everybody in the business right now.

Great One

Sorry, but Rey does NOT belong in the main event... this seems like a bad idea if he gets pushed to the main event which I am assuming. Maybe if it was in ECW that would be a different story.

circle

Reaction score
That's good to hear he will get a push, but the WWE tends to stop pushes if something goes wrong...I hope with the 619 he gets the popularity he deserves

Joe Hako

Reaction score
thats awsome dat hes gonna get pushed!

phantomgerald

o, u really think he can beat kennedy. hes too small. and shut up about the size does not matter crap. size matters and u will rarely see a 100plus pounder beat a 300 pounder so screw vince if for once in his life, he pushes a midget

Wrestling Station

I think Rey needs to go for US title or tag team title. But WHC was a big joke for all of us.

MattC13

Reaction score
IF Rey wins the US title. He's won every title currently on Smackdown.

mefathiel

Reaction score
Maybe they'll have more faith in him if they put a major belt on him -- I would tend to push for US.

~rl

ChiWa

Reaction score
I love to watch Rey wrestle and I think on his comeback, he beats Helms, beats Chavo, and gets back in the hunt for Benoit. I don't think he will be in the ME again, but will be a top mid-card player till he hangs it up.