Lady Gaga Falls From Flaming Piano

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga is set to appear on “The Late Show with David Letterman” for the first time tonight, but we couldn’t resist posting this hilarious sneak peek. After getting frustrated with Dave after he asks her if she eats Barbie doll heads, Gaga tears up his notes. “I’m just so fed up with all of this,” she tells him before eating the paper. “Mmm, it’s delicious.”

[youtube]tL-5HzoQ3E0[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
5 Quotables from Lady Gaga’s ‘Letterman’ Interview

<CENTER>
gaga-letterman.jpg
</CENTER>
Lady Gaga swooped into David Letterman’s hot seat in Cruella de Vil hair, a black mask, stillleto boots, and no pants (naturally) for her first interview with the late-night host on her Born day. The pop starlet was full of quirky quotes, some of our favorites which we’ve transcribed below.
On her outfit: “I’m Batman. Da da da da da da da da.”
On whether she will return to college: “In my line of work, I don’t know that they can teach you how to ride disco sticks.”
On performing in variety shows prior to fame: “If you take your clothes off, it’s amazing what will happen.”
On where she got her clothes: “I actually found it in the garbage on the way in.”
On sharing her vessel/egg with Dave: “Maybe we could get in together. You could be the yolk.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady GaGa’s explanations of her videos have almost become as wacky as the clips themselves. Indeed, the 25 year old is renown for serving up prolific break-down’s of her video offerings; something which makes her recent comments about her ‘Telephone’ clip somewhat surprising.

For, in a recent interview with Time Out, the Pop force slams the Jonas Akerlund helmed video. This, despite praising it upon its release in February last year.
Check out what she had to say after the jump…

Via Time Out:
“I can’t even watch the Telephone video, I hate it so much. Beyonce and I are great together.

But there are so many ideas in that video and all I see in that video is my brain throbbing with ideas and I wish I had edited myself a little bit more.

It’s funny, though, because I know a lot of kids on the forums didn’t like the Alejandro video, but that was my favourite of all my videos. It’s not busy. But maybe that’s my own monster.”
Speaking of ‘Telephone’ the song in a recent interview with Pop Justice, she says:
What’s your worst song?
I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?
Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off… But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.

Kairi

Reaction score
Interscope label chief Steve Berman's thorough campaign has the record blowing out everywhere, with first-week sales estimates ranging from 750k to a high of a million. Our latest guesstimate puts the number in the neighborhood of 900k

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga is preparing to release a Christmas album of traditional jazz standards.

Lady Gaga wants to record a Christmas album of jazz standards.

The 'Hair' hitmaker is planning to eschew her usual electro pop sound to make a record of traditional jazz hits for the festive period.

She told the Financial Times newspaper: "I thought it would be really sweet to do a Christmas release of Gaga and the jazz standards. I really want to do it. I've spoken to my manager."

Giving a possible preview, the 'Born This Way' star recently gave a rendition of jazz track 'Orange Colored Sky' when she performed in England.

The 25-year-old musician has also spoken of her admiration for British singer Adele, who she is set to knock from the top of the album charts with her 'Born This Way' album this week, ending a 16-week run by the 'Someone Like You' singer.

Gaga said: "I'm so excited for Adele. She's doing so well all over the world and it's wonderful to see the world embrace her. She's beaten some of my chart records but I'm happy for her. I love seeing women succeed and she's so talented."

Kairi

Reaction score
Never underestimate the power of the Monsters. For once again, Lady GaGa’s legions of die hard fans have taken her straight to #1, this time on the Official UK Top 40 album Chart with her new album ‘Born This Way‘.
This marks another UK #1 album for the starlet who enjoyed the same feat with previous releases, ‘The Fame‘ and its sister album ‘The Fame Monster‘.
Find out more below…

Beating Adele’s ‘21′ to this week’s top spot, GaGa also has cause to celebrate, as her debut LP ‘The Fame‘ made its way back to the top ten of the chart after a whopping 124 weeks in the tally. Across the pond, the album is also expected to give the New York native’s her highest first week sales to date with an expected 1 million units sold in the US.
In other UK Chart news, Rihanna’s ‘Loud‘ dropped down three places from its #14 position and Nicole Scherzinger’s LP ‘Killer Love’ re-entered the chart at #38 after ten weeks, possibly as a result of the heavy rotation her single ‘Right There‘ has received in the country.
Elsewhere, Jennifer Lopez’s ‘LOVE?’ faltered even further, as it slipped down five positions to this week’s #29 spot and Chris Brown’s ‘FAME‘ sits at #23, just one place lower than it was last week.

Kairi

Reaction score
Do you hear Madonna or Michael Jackson on Lady GaGa’s new album? Because she does.
The Pop eccentric made the interesting claim during an interview with Stephen Fry for the Financial Times. In the insightful feature, she also discusses money meaning nothing to her, her fans and more.
Excerpts after the jump…

Via our good friends over at GaGa Daily:
On money:
“It’s honestly true that money means nothing to me. The only big things I’ve purchased are my dad’s heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga licence plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car. Other than that I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of The Monster Ball.”

On fans:
“I sent them hot chocolate yesterday, and macaroons, and then today I had press all day and I felt a bit bad because I wouldn’t have much of a chance to go down and say hello. But I did manage to go down and brought them some fresh cookies and flowers. Little Monsters are a community. It’s kind of nice that wherever I go they create a little home for me.

On Madonna:
“I genuinely love her so much. I think she is so amazing. She could never be replicated and, yes, I’m Italian, I’m from New York, and not for nothing, it’s not my fault that I kind of look like her, right? So, look, if anything, it’s more annoying to me that people would insinuate that I don’t like to be compared to her… She’s wonderful and inspiring and liberating, and she’s certainly inspired my (‘Born This Way’) album, as did David Bowie, as did Prince, as did Michael Jackson, as did Grace Jones, and I would never take that away.”

While the Madonna similarities are at times uncanny, she lost yours truly with the Michael reference. Then again, what’s a GaGa interview without the random wackiness

Kairi

Reaction score
The official numbers are in. Lady Gaga’s Born This Way reigns atop the albums chart with over a million copies sold in its first week, becoming the biggest debut since 2005.

The pop powerhouse’s third album enters at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 1,108,000 units, according to Billboard. It also marks Gaga’s first No. 1 album. Her debut The Fame peaked at No. 2 and its follow-up The Fame Monster reached No. 5.
Born This Way is the 17th album to sell over a million in a week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991. It outperformed Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III (1,005,000) and Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (1,047,000), boasting the largest sales week of any album since 50 Cent’s The Massacre moved 1,141,000 copies in March 2005.
Gaga is the fifth woman to sell a million copies in one week following Britney Spears’ Oops! I Did It Again (1,319,000), The Bodyguard soundtrack featuring Whitney Houston (1,061,000), Norah Jonas’ Feels Like Home (1,022,000), and Swift.
Born This Way benefited from $0.99 pricing on Amazon.com, which accounted for an estimated 440,000 copies. The promotion was not organized by Gaga’s label, Interscope Records, and cost the online retailer a reported $3.2 million over two days, according to Billboard’s estimate.

Kairi

Reaction score
If the music industry thought Lady GaGa could shock it no further, it would be advisable for it to reconsider.
Just one day after it was announced that the singer’s latest LP ‘Born This Way’ had sold a whopping 1 million copies in the US in its first week alone, the album has gone onto break a record that even her staunchest of critics will have trouble ignoring.
Find out exactly what that is below…

The release has now sold 2 million copies worldwide in a single week, making it the fastest selling album of the year – globally.

Debuting at #1 on more than 12 charts across the globe, this accomplishment makes ‘Born’ GaGa’s most well received commercial effort to date. Already awarded with Platinum certifications in both New Zealand and Australia, the LP is now 2x platinum in Brazil and holds the record for having the highest first week sales for any artist on the Official UK Album chart this year.

Needless to say, there’s no stopping GaGa. Paws up!

Kairi

Reaction score
Yesterday, it was confirmed that her latest LP ‘Born This Way’ has sold 2 million records across the globe. Now Lady GaGa has responded to the controversy surrounding Amazon’s decision to sell the record for 0.99 cents which accounts for 40% of the album’s combined sales so far.
Peep what Ms.Germanotta had to say below…

Speaking directly to the ‘Wall Street Journal’ she revealed, ‘I applaud a company like Amazon for equating the value of the digital copy verses the physical copy’, going onto say ‘It wasn’t also 99 cents because Amazon paid the difference for all of those purchases as part of their promotional campaign for one of their new services, I think it’s amazing, it was a really nice surprise’
Whilst some of the ‘Judas’ singer’s naysayers may still be in opposition to Amazon’s pricing of the record, it is worth noting GaGa is not the first artist to have a record sold at this price by the outlet.
In 2009, the company sold Rihanna’s Rated R album for the same amount, even with this deal the ill fated release sold an embarrassing 181,000 units in its first week. More than ten times less than ‘Born This Way’.
It is also worth remembering that even though ‘Born’ would not have hit the million mark this week without Amazon, the fact that it sold 440,000 units alone from a single outlet proves that fans would have purchased the release regardless of the price.
As well as this, the company’s risky decision to purchase copies of the album at full price and sell them for ten times less merely highlights the industry’s belief in GaGa’s brand loyalty and commercial capabilities.
Capabilities that have now made her one of the world’s fastest selling artists.

Kairi

Reaction score
i'll fix that in a minute

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga holds top billing on the Billboard 200 albums chart for a second week. But the pop queen only sold a fraction of the 1.1 million copies she put up in her first week.

Born This Way, Gaga’s third project, moves 174,000 copies, enough to retain the No. 1 spot. However, the album experienced an 84% drop after its blockbuster opening of 1,108,000. The significant drop in sales can be attributed to Amazon.com, which offered the LP for 99-cents for two days during its release week.
Gaga became the fifth woman to sell a million copies in one week following Britney Spears’ Oops! I Did It Again (1,319,000), The Bodyguard soundtrack featuring Whitney Houston (1,061,000), Norah Jonas’ Feels Like Home (1,022,000), and Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (1,047,000).
Adele could overtake Gaga on next week’s chart. The British songstress’ platinum album 21, which currently sits at No. 2 with 121,000, is poised to return to the top.