Kurt Freakin' Angle

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Well at Hard Justice we saw the Last Man Standing Match between AJ Styles and Kurt Angle, which AJ won for those of you who don't know, with a DDT from the top. TNA were playing it up as a serious neck injury, and after the match, we saw AJ execute a brainbuster, thus making the injury seem worse.

It seems like a storyline way to take Angle out of action, but I'm not too sure how long. He may even miss Bound For Glory. I wouldn't put it past TNA, as I don't see any major spots for him on the card.

Thoughts?

seX-Power

it looked like a sick bump, surprised that angle would take that. anyway, i agree that this is probably the beginning of an absence and if so, i dont think that he'll be back for BFG, but he may interfere in a match but i place no bets. it was agreat match by the way

Moonlight Drive

He desperately needs time off. But yet ANOTHER reason TNA is second rate. Why have your biggest draw get time off BEFORE your biggest PPV of the year? Why not give him time off MONTHS before? Angle could've stayed out of the ring for 3 months easily, wrestled in the LMS at BFG, then taken some time off.

Soulpower

I wouldn't mind if it gave Angle some time off. We can all agree that he needs the rest. If he does decide to take a break, at least he decided to give us a damn good match before going away.

Or you know.. Maybe he'll come back wearing a mask and join the other masked fools :shifty:

Reaction score
Sting took a month off before BFG 2 years ago and it worked out fine. No Surrender is a throw away so it doesn't matter if Angle misses it.

Assuming he takes time off now, he'll get a solid 6-7 weeks to chill out. He could show up at BFG in a run in post match or get included in Monster's Ball. Now that's what Kurt hasn't done yet.

PeepShow

There's no way the company's biggest star is going to miss BFG.

I loved the way that whole match was booked though. Everything went down well and now it can set up a AJ/Sting feud, hopefully w/ AJ retiring him at BFG.

Reaction score
^^^I don't know, Sting and AJ has never happened so it may carry on until the end of the year. Sting may try and hold on until March when he turns, get this, 50!

Kurt and AJ may not be over forever. It's been 2 singles ppv matches. Sure LMS is a good blow off but I think there's more gold in the mine or milk in the teet or whatever other cheesy cliche you can think of.

Kurt vs. Sting isn't over either. One singles ppv and tv match. Then need the role reversal too.

dc412

Reaction score
He desperately needs time off. But yet ANOTHER reason TNA is second rate. Why have your biggest draw get time off BEFORE your biggest PPV of the year? Why not give him time off MONTHS before? Angle could've stayed out of the ring for 3 months easily, wrestled in the LMS at BFG, then taken some time off.

well they are bringing sting and jarrett back that will take some focus off angle not being there

Axis

There's no way they would leave Angle off of the card of their biggest show if the injury if it's only a work. That would be like having the Undertaker be "banished from the WWE" at No Way Out, thus missing WrestleMania. If they're playing the injury angle, I'm confident he'll be back by BFG.

I'd just like to note, however, that Kurt Angle put AJ Styles over huge. Huge. Styles is the new Man in TNA, and I believe it will propel him to the TNA Championship. If he beats Sting at next month's PPV, he virtually HAS to go on to BFG to win the title there in the main event.

Hometown Kid

I don't know if they're going all the way with the injury angle...I can't imagine BFG without Kurt. If it does I just hope it leads to AJ vs. Joe for the title at BFG...if that happens I don't really care how they get to it. :yes:

Austin_316

Reaction score
I think Angle is past his best now, i believe he gave all he could in his time with WWE and the first few months with TNA but bringing in his wife just made it messy and he is boring.

Haze187

Reaction score
They can make BFG work without Kurt plus it's not like re buyrates skyrocketed after Kurt came in. I'd rather see Joe vs AJ than Kurt vs anyone at BFG but I guess they couldve put Booker vs Angle in the card. Point is TNA has enough "stars" they can fill in for Kurt.

Reaction score
I think Angle is past his best now, i believe he gave all he could in his time with WWE and the first few months with TNA but bringing in his wife just made it messy and he is boring.

That's quite a stretch. Pro wrestling stars can be in their prime well into their 40's. Kurt is no different. He just came off a great match with AJ. He has 5 great years left.