Kurt Angle set to replace Mick Foley as RAW General Manager

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
What’s the story?

Cagesideseats
is speculating that Kurt Angle could be the man to replace Mick Foley as the General Manager of RAW, with the change possibly coming sooner rather than later.

This is not the first time that a position as an on-screen authority figure has been rumoured for the Olympic hero, and with Angle unlikely to be cleared to wrestle by WWE doctors, it seems like a safe assumption at this point that he will be taking a non-wrestling on-screen role instead.

In case you didn’t know...
On January 16 this year, WWE announced that former four-time WWE Champion Kurt Angle was returning to the company to headline the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2017.

Angle left WWE over a decade ago in August 2006 before turning up in TNA one month later. Angle went on to become the most successful wrestlers in TNA history, winning a host of titles and accolades during his decade-long tenure with the company.

Angle is a former six-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion, two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion and also a one-time former TNA X-Division Champion. Angle has also been inducted into the 2013 class of the TNA Hall of Fame.

SOURCE

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
He could be pretty good. Well, not a tough task to be better than Foley.
Exactly...David Otunga would be a better GM than Mick Foley...

*Thinks*

Yeah...Otunga would be...

I'd be happy to see Angle back...and it would be interesting
to see the "chemistry" between Angle, Stephanie and Triple H.

I'm guessing Angle would be playing a face GM? May-be?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Exactly...David Otunga would be a better GM than Mick Foley...

*Thinks*

Yeah...Otunga would be...

I'd be happy to see Angle back...and it would be interesting
to see the "chemistry" between Angle, Stephanie and Triple H.

I'm guessing Angle would be playing a face GM? May-be?
He did a pretty good heel turn as SD GM when he feuded with Eddie. It was when he was pretending to be in a wheelchair and all that IIRC.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So... now Stephanie gets to brow beat Kurt Angle as he slinks into his chair, powerless against the wrath of the almighty goddess herself. Cool. See you in the Rate Smackdown thread.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
So... now Stephanie gets to brow beat Kurt Angle as he slinks into his chair, powerless against the wrath of the almighty goddess herself. Cool. See you in the Rate Smackdown thread.
This.

It won't change even if Angle does become the replacement. Steph must always have the power. ALWAYS.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That's cool. I'd have nothing against Angle replacing Foley.

But, hopefully Stephanie doesn't cut his balls off on a weekly basis like she's been doing with Mick.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I am not really sure how I feel about that. Mick was one of my favorites when I was growing up. He was at the height of his career when I started watching so I am a big fan.

However, he has not been very entertaining as the GM in my opinion.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Its sucks cuz I was just now getting into Foleys characters now that hes not Stephanie's bitch no more