Kurt Angle contract update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on the Busted Open Sirius satellite radio show recently. Kurt said that his contract with TNA expires in September, but declined to say whether he’d re-sign with TNA or return to WWE. Kurt said he’s happy in TNA, but he didn’t burn bridges in WWE so it’s possible he could go back. Kurt praised Vince McMahon, but also put over TNA saying they could be just as big as WWE someday.

Reports leaked to the internet many months ago stating that WWE did have interest in bringing back the Olympic gold medalist.

Angle previously told friends that TNA may have the option for another year on his contract, but either that’s not the case or he left that part out when giving the interview.

Kurt finished up by saying that he’s been doing some movies lately, but that won’t take away from his wrestling career and he'll still be in the business after September.

_24

I think he's leaving TNA, while I'm sure he loves working with the talent on the TNA roster, I still think WWE is his home and he'll end his career there. It'll be a big loss, but at least it gives room for someone else to step up

Kizza

He would have to be an idiot.

Sure, WWE's got big money. But your neck is screwed. Hear about that Misawa guy Kurt?

Soulpower

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on the Busted Open Sirius satellite radio show recently. Kurt said that his contract with TNA expires in September, but declined to say whether he’d re-sign with TNA or return to WWE. Kurt said he’s happy in TNA, but he didn’t burn bridges in WWE so it’s possible he could go back.

That's odd. He was on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show and mentioned that his contract actually ends in August. He said that he and Dixie were trying to work out a new deal, but that nothing was guaranteed yet.

MikeRaw

Please come to WWE. Just get a HBK type schedule. If he doesn't, I'll understand, but I see him doing it, and I'd love it. I've always been a fan. He should just get a light schedule with no house shows.

phantomgerald

I doubt WWE would give him a lighter schedule and still pay him more than what TNA can pay him.

Ballin

Reaction score
From WrestleZone:
At the Grand Rapids TNA live show, Kurt Angle squashed the WWE return rumors. Angle announced that he loves TNA, wants to extend his contract with the company and that he will never return to the WWE again. He said he never wants to work for Vince McMahon again. Just wanted to pass that along, since you guys reported on his recent radio appearance where he said he could return to WWE if he wanted to, since his TNA contract is about to expire and he did not burn any bridges in WWE when he left.

Nope, not going to WWE.

chessarmy

^ Very smart decision. I don't care what you WWE fanboys think, Kurt is better off working for TNA. Who knows what limits Kurt will push his body to in WWE, its not worth risking his life. Kurt is a huge part of TNA, he has a light schedule, the wrestlers protect him in the ring, and he is a part of arguably the best roster in pro wrestling today.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, sure, because Kurt Angle would admit on a TNA SHOW that he wants to leave.

Kaedon

Reaction score
TNA will job him out to shark boy and Consequences Creed to hurt his OVR but since no one watches TNA its meaningless :roflmao:

kingovkings

Reaction score
I could see and would NOT rule out Angle returning to WWE to end his career. 1st he ain't gonna say that he is going to leave and go to WWE is he ? that would be plain Dumb. I dont care what ppl say. I could quite easily see Kurt back in the E to end his in ring days with a light schedule. And it would be great if it happened. Even if it was only for 6 months. It would be awesome. He is a great wrestler and a bonus to any Company that has him.

xtremebadass

I can't see Kurt in WWE anymore, he is just way too small compared to how he used to look in WWE. The guys who are or appear to be on roids, aka all of them, would tear him apart.

This Guy

From WrestleZone:
At the Grand Rapids TNA live show, Kurt Angle squashed the WWE return rumors. Angle announced that he loves TNA, wants to extend his contract with the company and that he will never return to the WWE again. He said he never wants to work for Vince McMahon again. Just wanted to pass that along, since you guys reported on his recent radio appearance where he said he could return to WWE if he wanted to, since his TNA contract is about to expire and he did not burn any bridges in WWE when he left.

Nope, not going to WWE.

lol. So in a TNA ring, Kurt says he will never go back to the WWE and you buy it? Of course he's going to say that in a TNA ring.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

wait a minute didn't burn any bridges? what about the fact that he refused to go to rehab, lied about WWE refusing to send him to rehab which led to him asking for an early release and almost immediately jumping ship to tna?

TK.GFX

Reaction score
wait a minute didn't burn any bridges? what about the fact that he refused to go to rehab, lied about WWE refusing to send him to rehab which led to him asking for an early release and almost immediately jumping ship to tna?

Same thing I was thinking. Wasn't he bad mouthing Triple H and Shawn Michaels a few months back as well?

Kizza

Maybe cos Vince will latch onto anything that will make him a dollar.