Kurt Angle Arrested For Drunk Driving

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
Sorry folks, TMZ's the best link I've got.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/25/kurt-...c-gold-medal-drunk-driving-vehicle-werstling/

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... highway patrol in Grand Forks found Angle sitting in his car in the median separating lanes. We're told Angle told cops he had hit an icy patch in the road. During the conversation, cops say they smelled alcohol on Angle's breath. He failed a field sobriety test and was arrested.

Since cops didn't see Angle driving, he was arrested and later charged with being in control of a motor vehicle while intoxicated -- which basically means he was allegedly drunk behind the wheel but not actually driving.

Disappointed that Angle's still fighting some demons. I wonder if this will prevent TNA from putting on the cage match nobody really cares about at Lockdown.

SAL

Reaction score
He was not arrested for Drunk Driving.

It is essentially the same charge, unless North Dakota has a really weird DUI law I've never heard of. Behind the wheel, keys in the ignition = presumption of driving or attempt to drive.

AF.

Reaction score
Oh well. Nearly everybody drink drives at some stage in their lives.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think this is like his 2nd case of this as I swear he did this before. Probably won't effect anything tho as far as how he is booked.

Baller

Reaction score
Damn shame too. Even if it is just a minor arrest, he needs to be sent home as well. He has problems just like Jeff Hardy and clearly needs them taking care of

The Flash

Reaction score
Angle just responded to the story via twitter a few minutes ago...

Thank U to my supporters. I was not drunk. I was in ice storm and my car slid into 3 ft of snow median. I called police 4 help. They had Other plans. I was stuck and wanted to go to my hotel. I was not passed out Drunk. I was co-herent. I'm sorry if I let you down. Don't Believe everything You read. My life is good and this is a speed bump in the road. The truth will come out. GOD Bless. I take responsibility For this. My job is to stay clean and never put myself in jeopardy. TMZ blew it out of proportion. After my Hearings, I will give You proper Story. GOD Bless. Kurt Angle. I Love You all

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So I'm guessing if he failed the alcohol test he was barley over it or something if he was okay and all.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
It is essentially the same charge, unless North Dakota has a really weird DUI law I've never heard of. Behind the wheel, keys in the ignition = presumption of driving or attempt to drive.

Its a lesser charge in ND. Not by much but it is a lesser charge there.

Kenneth Allen

Reaction score
So let's give him some slack because it's different laws?

I'm sure he could afford a driver, and anyone who says "it's a lesser law" or "everyone drives drunk in their life" is ignorant.

I'm not disrespecting you but that's fucked. One drink could impair your ability drive, I don't give a fuck how many drinks. Call a fucking cab.