Kozlov in line for a push...yay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Credit: ProWrestling.net

-- Ratings aren't out yet, but WWE officials believe the horrible 2.6 rating they drew on Sept 15 can primarily be attributed to the strong Cowboys vs. Eagles game that drew a 13.3. This week’s Monday Night Football game was down to an 8.9, and the season premier of Heroes on NBC was down 35% from the last season premier. This week’s RAW rating should be out sometime late this afternoon or early this evening.

-- Vladimir Kozlov is in line for a mega-push on SmackDown. WWE officialy have high hopes for Kozlov, and it looks like he could be a major player sooner rather than later. Jerry Jarrett was actually the one who delivered Kozlov to WWE. Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter originally passed on Kozlov because they didn’t want to spend money on a wrestler who couldn’t produce immediate dividends, as TNA was not yet a profitable company at that point.

-------------

Thoughts?

Wrestling Station

Now we just need the Iron Sheik Jr. to complete the salad.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Kozlov proves a point i've held all along: that bookers make the stars. When Kozlov debuted nobody cared enough to cheer or boo him, but he kept getting pushed. Everyone here was complaining, saying how much he sucks, but he kept getting pushed. His local jobbers got bigger pops than he did for weeks, MONTHS, but he kept getting pushed. And now look at him, he's beating down Triple H and getting massive heat. Kozlov is proof that, for the most part, the bookers make the stars.

Can't wait to see the RAW rating. I hope it improves, but on the other hand, low ratings mean a shake-up, and those always provide the best shows.

C4

Sgt. Slaughter like gimmick for Vladimir Kozlov would do very good, something like a Russian Army guy and all that stuff.

CenaMark54

Kozlov proves a point i've held all along: that bookers make the stars. When Kozlov debuted nobody cared enough to cheer or boo him, but he kept getting pushed. Everyone here was complaining, saying how much he sucks, but he kept getting pushed. His local jobbers got bigger pops than he did for weeks, MONTHS, but he kept getting pushed. And now look at him, he's beating down Triple H and getting massive heat. Kozlov is proof that, for the most part, the bookers make the stars.

Can't wait to see the RAW rating. I hope it improves, but on the other hand, low ratings mean a shake-up, and those always provide the best shows.

I think you are only half right. The bookers give you chance, some wrestlers more than others. If you attack a top face, its instant heat. Anyone can get over that way. You still have to have skill to stay over and make a long term impact. There have also been a ton of wrestlers who got over with little help from the bookers, Christian in the WWE for example.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I honestly like Koslov; he's a brute, and can wrestle a mean, hard-hitting match if given the time to do so. I literally mark now when he lashes out against the top faces. I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes from here on.

MikeRaw

I like him. He has a large amount of moves, and if he fights someone good, he can do a much better job than Khali at puttin gon a match. Because he's russian he could play a good main event heel, cause eveyrone hates the Russians >_>

MJ26

Reaction score
All I have to say is TNA passed one something good. he was fresh, no one knew who he was and that is what TNA needed (still needs) fresh faces that were not big in WWE/F, WCW and ECW and Koslov was that and could have been a great powerful heel at the main-event level in TNA

Dwes

Reaction score
See they're building him up so he can take Umagas place as Triple H personal jobber.

kingovkings

Reaction score
He is getting a huge push as of late. He has even put HHH on his arse with that head but. Its pretty good and fresh to have a newy come and get a push. I see him been quite dominant for awhile yet. And then maybe get a run with the US title.