Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

Could Ron Killings join the stable? I don't know much about him but would he fit in?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

he could if he portrays the angry black character again. he would fit better then kofi

Timmy T

Reaction score
Yeah Killings, Burke and Shelton wouldn't be bad, but did they even offer a deal to Killings?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea I believed that Killings has signed and I hadn't really thought of him. He would fit much better than Kofi. I also agree that the stable would have to either be on Smackdown or Raw because it would be wasted on ECW with no tag titles.

well they could go after the wwe tag titles because of the talent exchange. killings old gimmick is perfect for the stable

Airfixx

:shudders at the thought of the creative meeting:

".....I know! Let's put all the black guys on the ECW roster together!"

I know we've already seen the Nation Of Domination (which, at least to begin with, was portrayed as some kind of black power movement with an ID crisis), but to implement such a flimsy concept for a second time suggests less than desirable things about WWEs political correctness (or lack of). Not saying it's outright offensive, but they should tread carefully (if only for avoiding any more heat from the press)....

Re: Kofi... Not seen him in action yet, but damn, that promo (the promo itself, not his Mic skills or whatever in particular) on the beach made me wanna puke! I hope for all our sakes that there's a little more depth to his character than some happy good time jamaican guy... He'll last all of 5 mins otherwise.

Timmy T

Reaction score
The Nation Of Domination in the beginning was Ron Simmions two white rappers(PG13) A white guy (Brian Adams) and a Puerto Rican (Savio Vega)

Airfixx

Ah, my mistake, for some reason I'd convinced myself that the above was the 2nd incarnation and that they went BACK to an all black personal with Kama, D-Lo & Henry...

Either way though they did very much kick that whole Malcom X/Black Panthers kinda vibe and thinking back to Farooq's fued with Ahmed Johnson their promo's were full of talk of being 'brothers from the streets'....

I guess it was never truly clear what their agenda was other than to run tingz in the WWF at the time, but I was always left with the impression that they had black power politics at the core.

Like I said "I.D. Crisis", albeit even worse than I first described! LOL

CT Styles

I recently checked, Killings hasn't officially signed because he's doing tests but he will sign. I think thats the story.

^^cool. but you cant say wwe has a race problem. LAX is in tna. when they started they wouldnt let white boys over their border and were said to be militant thugs. i dont see a problem with a black table

Airfixx

I didn't say WWE had a race problem.

My concern is how the media would choose to percieve such a faction if there isn't a tight concept attached.

After all the media attention of 07 and the few moral victories Vince eventually scored over some of the sensationalist reports/reporters, there's gotta be a certain cross-section of the media that are just begging WWE to fuck up.

Adampro123

Reaction score
I would like to see Burke and benjamin try to recrute kingston to there team because he is a young black male and they are trying to get the young black guys together to make a stable and then kingston would have a choice to make a lot like they did with CM Punk last year but have kingston bring in ron killing to be his partner to take on shelton and burke and at the end of the feud have either kingston turn on killings or the other way around putting the burke/benjamin group over.

this would set up a feud with kingston and killings and shelton and burke could go after the tag belts or the ECW and US title they could also get MVP tp join and help him win the world title and they could rule.....hey just a idea...never happen though.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Instead of an all black stable, they should just have a stable of heel "rising stars." Benjamin, Burke, maybe Dykstra and throw in a big man in there would be a change. WWE needs to get at least 2 stables going, that would really make new contenders and draws.

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
In my opinion, these should be the three they build ECW around. CM Punk is ready to step it up on one of the big shows, preferably SD. They can build Kofi up as the next big face like they did with Punk. Shelton should win the belt from Chavo or Punk (after getting it back). Burke should be in the mix somehow. Either way, these three should be the focal points of ECW.