King Of The Ring....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Personally, I miss KOTR...

Wondered if there was ever word from WWE as to why it was dropped...?

Maybe I don't know the whole story, but I always thought it was a good concept for a PPV and I think it's resurrection could be something which would help address some of the post-brand extention roster issues that so many seem to complain about these days... A PPV each year that has a full blown cross-brand competition allowing WWE to truly mix things up and work in some matches the fans really wanna see; maybe drawing the early stages out a bit more with additional preliminary rounds and more TV time....

In the past I think what was detrimental to the concept was when WWE went from having 3 tournament rounds on the PPV to just 2.... When you think back to Bret & Owen winning their respecting years, the victories were so much more monumental due to their (particualrly in the case of Bret v Ramon/Perfect/BamBam) wrestling 3 quality matches in one night... The fans loved it and (as with other WWF tournaments over the years) seemed to really appreciate the fitness, stamina etc. that goes into such a victory...

Triple H

Reaction score
No fan really wants KOTR To Return Because Then We'll Have Another "King Booker" Wannabe Hit The Stage -.-

Weebo

Reaction score
Hey think that they should have it return, i was made when it was fone in the first place.

Airfixx

No fan really wants KOTR To Return Because Then We'll Have Another "King Booker" Wannabe Hit The Stage -.-

...Or just as easily another Macho KING or whoever. It's all down to how the character assumes the 'king' roll. The history and traditions of KOTR stretches way beyond that of WWE giving Booker a new gimmick.

@ Weebo: Sorry dude... I can't respond if ya maketh no sense.

CT Styles

I'd love it to come back just as long as the winner doesnt turn into another King Booker i think its a great tournament

TK.GFX

Reaction score
If they actually brought back the King of The Ring, and not just the crap that they brought in last year, just to give Booker T his new gimmick, i'd like it.