Kimbo Slice in TUF10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
First of all, apologies for not putting it in the news thread but I felt it was some of the bigger MMA news we've had over the past couples of months.

Source: www.mmanews.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kevin Iole at Yahoo Sports has the story:

The UFC president has repeatedly insisted he would not allow Slice to compete in the UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter."

Slice has called White’s bluff and will appear on Season 10 of the highly rated Spike TV series, White has confirmed. Fighters live in the same house and train together, and then fight during the show in a bid to earn a UFC contract.
[/FONT]

Source: www.thesun.co.uk
UFC president Dana White has sensationally offered Kimbo Slice a short-term contract with the promotion.

The former Elite XC star - who made his name after releasing a host of street fighting videos on YouTube - will be one of 16 heavyweight hopefuls battling to win a six-figure deal on season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter.

Slice has a 3-1 professional MMA record but has been mocked by many commentators, including White, for his lack of martial arts skills.

Although a decent boxer, Slice has only basic levels of wrestling and jiu-jitsu and has been derided by fans and pundits alike for his lack of ability.

Speaking last year, White said: "Slice is a street fighter and he actually fought Sean Gannon and lost in one of those internet street fights.

"Gannon came into the UFC and fought someone [Branden Lee Hinkle] that nobody had ever heard of or has seen again since and he got hurt so badly he was in the hospital for two weeks.

"Slice would get murdered in the UFC."

While his motives remain unclear, White now appears willing to give the man he derided a chance.

Talking to Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole regarding the capture of Slice, he said: "It should be interesting, given some of the things I've said about him."

Although a popular draw during Elite XC's brief existence, Slice has not faced any top-level competition since he turned pro in November 2007.

White has repeatedly mocked him and insisted the only way he would fight inside the Octagon would be by securing a contract after winning TUF.

And the UFC supremo has been true to his word after thrashing out terms with Slice - real name Kevin Ferguson - to appear on the latest series of the hit show.

Former light-heavyweight champions Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson and Rashad Evans will be team captains on the show, which begins shooting on Wednesday.

But despite the bad blood and simmering feud between Evans and Jackson - who will face off for the No1 contender spot at the end of the season - it is the inclusion of Slice which could provethe biggest draw for casual followers of the sport.

Slice made a winning debut against Bo Cantrell in Texas in November 2007. The fight lasted just 19 seconds with the American tapping out to strikes.

He then faced former UFC fighter Tank Abbott - who has a pro-record of 10-14 - in February 2008 and knocked the veteran out cold 43 seconds into their fight.

But the 35-year-old's most controversial bout to date occurred last May at the Elite XC: Primetime show.

He appeared in the main event of the first MMA card shown on network television in America when he fought Britain's James Thompson on May 31, 2008, on CBS.

Slice won by third-round stoppage in a bout that attracted a record 6.5million viewers and remains the most-viewed MMA bout in history.

But the encounter was highly controversial. Thompson - who at the time had a 14-8 record - entered the fight with a considerably swollen cauliflower ear.

Yet the 30-year-old was able to dominate the opening two rounds with effective ground and pound by taking advantage of Slice's lack of ground skills.

And many believed referee Dan Miragliotta should have stopped the fight in the second period after Thompson landed over 50 strikes in a 70-second ground-and-pound assault which Slice was unable to defend.
I'm surprised but not surprised at the same time. I wonder how he'll fit in while inside the TUF house. I think Dana White has some kind of motive behind this, whether it's if he wants high ratings for the next season of

TUF or if he's just doing it to try and make Kimbo look like a fool. I can't say I'd be overly upset to see Kimbo get the shit kicked out of him in the house either though.

Thoughts?

MikeRaw

This should be really interesting. This is actually a pretty big shock. I still don't think he can make it in the UFC though, but I guess we'll see.

xtremebadass

Not only will Rampage and Evans make that season, but you are going to throw in Kimbo Slice? Is this for real? This will be the biggest season of TUF yet. I would have laughed my ass off if they would have thrown in Bobby Lashley as well, that would have been something to see.

So the show will start off with 16 heavyweights right? They don't have to fight to get on the show? It would suck if Kimbo had to fight to get onto the show then end up losing and never see the house.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Not only will Rampage and Evans make that season, but you are going to throw in Kimbo Slice? Is this for real? This will be the biggest season of TUF yet. I would have laughed my ass off if they would have thrown in Bobby Lashley as well, that would have been something to see.
Shit, we might as well call TUF10, The Black Fighter. LOL

xtremebadass

^^^...well...I didn't want to say anything...but...lol

Wrestling Station

I would laugh my ass if Kimbo loses his prelimenary fight :laugh: by another dyed hair fag.

xtremebadass

I don't think Dana would risk it. I think they're going back to the way they used to do it, just sort of insurance to keep Kimbo on the show. Kimbo equals ratings, Dana is not a stupid guy, he wants Kimbo on that show.

Double J

Reaction score
I'm surprised in that Kimbo run down that they didn't mention this "beautiful" fight.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PapOd4Xh76I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PapOd4Xh76I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

I just love Petruzelli's facial reactions through out the fight. At the first he was like "God I'm gonna die, this is it...I'm gonna die...damn it that's a big gorillia, I'm gonna die"...