Kevin Steen to WWE maybe?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wasn't even aware of this but apparently there has been a decent amount of Kevin Steen to the WWE rumors flying around the internet as of late.
Kevin_Steen_in_2011.jpg
CSS Article on it here.
WrestleZone update on the rumor.

Apparently he said something on his podcast or whatever you want to call it that sparked the rumors, seems he may jump the ROH ship.

Hypothetically if it did happen would you guys be excited or do you think this is a bad move for either party?

Personally I think he would be a decent addition, he's someone that can draw a decent buzz imo.​

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've heard about him for awhile but still haven't bothered to check out any of his work, so I'm completely neutral. Given that he's coming from Ring Of Honor though, I'm skeptical - if he like most of the charisma vacuums that come from that place, or is he one of the rare exceptions?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I've heard about him for awhile but still haven't bothered to check out any of his work, so I'm completely neutral. Given that he's coming from Ring Of Honor though, I'm skeptical - if he like most of the charisma vacuums that come from that place, or is he one of the rare exceptions?
Rare exceptions. Steen is a very good worker but can also cut great promos and can connect very well with any crowd.

Anyway, as far as the rumors go, I think there's a pretty good chance. Not only has he put Cole and Nakamura over clean at Global Wars/War of the Worlds, but he also hinted he'd leave in the promo he cut on that very same show and he has also dropped a ton of weight. I can only assume he's leaving given his booking and his weight loss.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Don't worry he has charisma unlike ROH shitheads such as Punk or Dick Butt.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Steen is actually more known for his ability to speak than his work rate. Which is still good.

Plus WWE could use a fatty that flips

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be intrigued to see him work for the WWE, I haven't watched much ROH as of recent other than Global Wars and War of the Worlds but before that I was always down for Steen on the mic, even with mediocre production value for sound I feel Steen had a great voice one that would definitely have potential to stand out in the WWE also to add he definitely didn't seem like a slouch in the ring any time I've seen him.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
For similar reasons why Samoa Joe (whom Stone Cold loves) would've likely flopped at he signed with the 'E' in 2006
Or for similar reasons why mods on this forum prefer Uncensored D'Z vs Mod D'Z
To modify or censor Kevin Steen would be criminal, so I'd rather he stay away from the sponsor slurping political BS of WWE
Steen isn't a perfect package, so allowing him to retain his usual flavor would be a quality move
Unlike most talent, Steen can give heated promos leading to better WrestleMania builds

Unfortunatey, Steen's 'gimmick' has a short shelf life leading WWE to basically sterilize him

Edit: For the record, Joe is no Steen. Steen has the mouth Brock Lesnar should have had

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
These rumours have been around awhile now. Like Steen as a performer but feel like his moveset would take a serious hit to suit the WWE style. I mean the package piledriver as his finisher would no doubt be gone which then wouldn't be Steen.