Kevin Kelly finishing up with NJPW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
kevinnjpw.webp

Kevin Kelly has given an update on his status with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

While responding to a fan on social media, Kelly stated that he'll be gone from NJPW commentary "at some point soon." Kelly said he'll still be calling NJPW's Destruction event in Tokyo on Monday, October 9 and Wrestle Kingdom 18/New Year Dash next January.

"I am at some point soon but I'll leave it to New Japan to announce it or not," Kelly wrote. "I plan on calling Destruction at Ryogoku and Wrestle Kingdom/New Year Dash."

Kelly noted that his wife not wanting to be alone anymore was the reason he decided to step away from the NJPW commentary duties.

"My wife of 32 years said she doesn't want to be alone anymore so that's why I made the decision," Kelly wrote.

Kelly joined AEW when Collision launched this June. He calls the show alongside Nigel McGuinness with "expert analysis" from Jim Ross.

Another fan on social media asked Kelly who could fill his role on NJPW commentary.

"Someone who can be in Japan all the time that has wrestling experience but is not affiliated with another company," Kelly responded. "Someone that can grow into and with the product."

Kelly started doing English-language play-by-play for NJPW in 2015. Chris Charlton has been his broadcast partner in recent years.

When Kelly was in Japan for NJPW's G1 Climax tournament this summer, Ian Riccaboni filled in for him on Collision.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Sad to hear this News but I understand it wanting to be with his Wife. If I'm New Japan I'm looking for guys right now and trying them out with Kevin and Chris and see how it flows. I wouldn't mind Rocky Romero back at Commentary but he's still doing his thing in the Ring from time to time.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
FUCK! That means he's more on AEW. MOTHER FUCKER!!!! Tired of the rotating table tbh. Just give me Nigel, X and Tony or Taz and just X. THAT'S ALL I WANT. Oh and Riccaboni or however you spell his name I guess.