Ken Anderson, Paul Heyman, & RVD Headed To TNA?, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
According to The Sports Courier, chances are high that former WWE performers Ken Anderson, Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman will be debuting on tomorrow night's three-hour iMPACT broadcast.

In the case of Anderson, there is a 95% chance that the former "Mr. Kennedy" will make his TNA debut tomorrow night. However, in the event he does not appear, "he will in the very near future."

Regarding Heyman, they were told there is a 75% chance, if not better, that he will debut in TNA. I can confirm that Heyman has indeed had discussions with TNA officials in recent months — though he'd probably deny them if asked.

As has been speculated by numerous websites, Rob Van Dam
appears to be headed to TNA. The Sports Courier feels there is a 70% chance of RVD showing up tomorrow night.

It's also noted that Scott Hall is pretty much a lock to appear tomorrow night, as is Sean Waltman.

Okay, if Paul Heyman goes back to wrestling and that being TNA, I think business is definitely going to pick up. The others I pretty much heard about before but Heyman, WOW!!! That is indeed new news to me.

Reaction score
Okay, if Paul Heyman goes back to wrestling and that being TNA, I think business is definitely going to pick up. The others I pretty much heard about before but Heyman, WOW!!! That is indeed new news to me.

Mr. Kennedy, RVD, Paul Heyman, Jeff Hardy

vs

Shawn possibly kicking Bret Hart's teeth out.

God dammit how will I decide what show to watch D:

PeepShow

Pretty much the same as usual except haven't heard Heyman's name as much. I'm so excited for this show, which is pretty sad given TNA, but fuck it.

LKP

If Paul heyman books any of the matches or manages someone tna will be even more good to watch.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Just wanted to reiterate that this news is mostly dealing with the identification of Heyman possibly joining TNA versus the others. Probably should have noted that in the title of the thread.

But anyways, the above remarks were funny as ... well ... you know what I mean...seriously funny.

xtremebadass

ROFL...Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff once again in a company that's not their own.

Reaction score
Well, honestly, I've seen the Sports Courier page and wouldn't have believed it had Bryan Alvarez not also reported it.

I don't know about Heyman joining TNA with Russo still in power, Bischoff and Hogan seemingly having authority and with no one really there to keep them in check ala Vince McMahon. Dixie Carter is too weak and stupid to be an authoritarian and Paul left the E because of the tyrants there, I don't see him coming back to that type of atmosphere in a creative role. If TNA doesn't use the opportunity to fire the dip-shit booking staff and put Heyman in charge, they're every bit as stupid as they lead me to believe. But they also have to let Bischoff and Hogan know who's in charge, keep Bisch solely in production and on-screen.

And that's really sad, because of all the garbage speculated to show, Heyman is the only one that can really have a deep impact (no pun intended) on TNA. Kennedy was a noone and still is, no one really remembers or cares for Waltman, and Scott Hall, who still has a small following, is so fat and out of shape and a disgusting drunk, that he's just an overpaid mouthpiece at best that will probably end up no-showing somewhere down the road. RVD is 50-50, I don't care for him, he isn't good and hasn't been for 10 years, but he's got a fanbase.

This could go about really poor for TNA bringing in ALL of this talent unannounced and un-hyped. I guess they think promoting the hell out of Hogan is going to get everyone's attention to begin with. I don't know, but it could be a "too uch, too late" situation. Had they atleast gotten RVD onboard sooner and promoted he and Hogan as key factors, the buzz might be bigger. I think alot of people are like "Hulk Hogan...ok, seen that before...Bret HART!! On WWE!! Holy SHIT!!"

Bret on WWE has a huge shock factor as compared to TNA billing Hogan, who's been overexposed as all fuck recently with his TV shows that did poor ratings, that people might not want to tune into see a 60 year old dude in a company they don't know. Throw in some RVD into the advertising and you get some current-old fans talking and interested and you still get to keep a fist full of surprises, but the way they went about it people might not be tuned in to give two shits about their surprises.

DcDudley

Reaction score
I would love to see Heyman back, and imo this actually can have a long time positive effect for Tna.
I'm really not excited at all about Anderson, RVD and all the other rumours. Can't really see what most of them bring to the table...other than RVDs fan base (right as usual Enzo) It kind of has an eerie feeling to it I think, starting to remind me of wcw when they had 260 performers under contract.lol.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Why the hell would Heyman want to be in TNA or why would TNA want him? Heyman isn't well known because of his on-screen character, he's well known because he's a genius booker. And with Russo, Hogan, Bischoff, and Jarrett possibly having all their hands in the cookie jar, what does that leave for Heyman to even do? Now if all of sudden, the deal with Hogan and Bischoff is off and Russo and Jarrett are fired, then I'd believe Heyman would be coming in....and honestly, that's what NEEDS to happen.

Charismatic Raven said:
Mr. Kennedy, RVD, Paul Heyman, Jeff Hardy

vs

Shawn possibly kicking Bret Hart's teeth out.

God dammit how will I decide what show to watch D:

I'll make it easy for you: RVD is out, Jeff is no-where near confirmed, Heyman is the most insane thing I've heard. TNA may get Anderson, but that's your only real hope. Is sitting through 3 hours of Foley and Jarret complaining about Hogan worth the possibility of Anderson showing up? Besides, Bret Hart IS going to be on RAW and we all know we've all been waiting for that for over a decade.