Keep RVD/Hardy as a Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I like this pairing. So much so that I'd rather they stay as a team for now so they don't have too many feuds right away. RVD/Hardy vs. MCMG sounds like a great possible match. Or against Beer Money. They have great chemistry together and should have a nice run with the titles to get warmed up. Styles and Daniels has a nice tag title run in 2006 and both were better because of it.

Reaction score
^^^ Yah, but Daniels and Styles don't make TNA any money, RVD and Hardy are BIG names that have actually drawn money and shouldn't be paired together, they are actually good pick ups for TNA since it hasn't been 10 years since they were relevant. Just another stupid thing TNA does, they should be promoting the fuck out of both of them and they should be feuding with homegrown talents in singles feuds, not grouping with chumps like Eric Young and battling with ten year old stale bread like the Band.

RVD should be rumbling with either Anderson or *sigh* Matt Morgan and Hardy should be in line for a world title match with AJ, or finishing that business he started with Homicide back in January, but that involves competent booking and we all know how TNA fears that.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
While there is money in having Jeff be solo, I'm liking their team right now. The main event scene is full so this gives them something to do.

Reaction score
^^^How's the main event scene crowded? AJ, Abyss and Pope? That doesn't qualify as "crowded". They need some MONEY in the main event scene and none of those dudes have ever drawn jack. Hardy vs. Angle, Hardy vs. anyone is better than AJ vs. anyone, unless that "anyone" is Jeff.

This is just a testament to the never ending tomfoolery in TNA. Anytime they landed a big fish they shoved them straight down their audiences throat, no matter how long it's been since said fish was a legit draw. Hardy is a fucking money glory hole and yet they stuck him in a tag team with another money man, RVD. That's just stupid. Not to mention they DON'T PROMOTE THEM.

I mean I know I can't be the only one who realizes that the object of this business is to draw fans and make money. TNA has a guy who was selling millions in merchandise and headlining PPVs for the biggest company in the world less than a year ago and yet they won't try and milk him for all he's got, legal problems not withstanding. It's not like you have to put the belt on the guy, but don't saddle him with another guy who can be used to draw some water, man. All the meanwhile the ratings are toiling under AJ, and yes, the champ usually gets a majority of the blame for bad times. HBK caught flack in 96, Hart caught it in 93, Flair was thought to be loosing his flavor in 91 despite those companies being notoriously poorly booked at those times. But those companies didn't have better alternatives the way TNA has with TWO guys right now. Just piss poor business decisions being made in TNA on a daily basis.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I don't ever remember RVD being a huge draw? And I think TNA is scared of the legal ramifications of Jeff Hardys trial to give him a run with the championship.

I do believe they are sticking these two as a team until Lockdown, After that I think it will be Styles vs Hardy, and Hardy gets beat. RVD needs to go on and feud with Sting after Lockdown as well.

They will be a part time team where they team for matches here and there, similar to there small run in 2002. But I don't see them going after the tag team championships.

Reaction score
^^^You're right about RVD and Hardy two of the biggest names they've got. If they feud with everyone else, then what? TNA's roster is small.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^How's the main event scene crowded? AJ, Abyss and Pope? That doesn't qualify as "crowded". They need some MONEY in the main event scene and none of those dudes have ever drawn jack. Hardy vs. Angle, Hardy vs. anyone is better than AJ vs. anyone, unless that "anyone" is Jeff.

This is just a testament to the never ending tomfoolery in TNA. Anytime they landed a big fish they shoved them straight down their audiences throat, no matter how long it's been since said fish was a legit draw. Hardy is a fucking money glory hole and yet they stuck him in a tag team with another money man, RVD. That's just stupid. Not to mention they DON'T PROMOTE THEM.

I mean I know I can't be the only one who realizes that the object of this business is to draw fans and make money. TNA has a guy who was selling millions in merchandise and headlining PPVs for the biggest company in the world less than a year ago and yet they won't try and milk him for all he's got, legal problems not withstanding. It's not like you have to put the belt on the guy, but don't saddle him with another guy who can be used to draw some water, man. All the meanwhile the ratings are toiling under AJ, and yes, the champ usually gets a majority of the blame for bad times. HBK caught flack in 96, Hart caught it in 93, Flair was thought to be loosing his flavor in 91 despite those companies being notoriously poorly booked at those times. But those companies didn't have better alternatives the way TNA has with TWO guys right now. Just piss poor business decisions being made in TNA on a daily basis.

I get what you're saying about them, but I woulnd't throw them straight into the main event scene. The tag team is keeping them occupied right now. They can help guys get over. Right now they're giving Eric Young a rub and getting Beer Money over more as heels. Hardy still has those drug charges on him so it'd be dumb for them to push him to the moon right now no matter how much he draws. What happens if they build him up real big and he gets locked up right before the ppv? There goes all that time wasted. What happens if he's the champ and he gets locked up? They can't take those type of chances. Not to mention the bad publicity they'll get for it.

There main event scene is crowded, but it filled at the moment. If Pope loses at Lockdown, should they just push him to the side for Jeff and RVD? What about Matt Morgan. He's looking like he's about to start getting a push after taking out Hernandez. Wolfe, Anderson, Angle, these are all guys who can step up to the main event scene. Add RVD, Jeff, and Sting and it's crowded. Why should they just stop the pushes of others for them?

^^^You're right about RVD and Hardy two of the biggest names they've got. If they feud with everyone else, then what? TNA's roster is small.

Small roster? One of TNA's problems is their clusterfuck roster.

noumenon

Reaction score
Every time I see them together I just think... "Holy shit the money I would pay for Punk to cut a promo on them."

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
"Word on the street is" one of the reasons Jeff ain't go back to the E was because of the promos Punk cut on him after he left.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
That just shows how great Punk is. Even in kayfabe, the guy can make someone not return

Reaction score
Real feelings get hurt in wrestling. Of the numerous wrestling bios I've read, they will consult each other on topics that might offend. If Punk just went ahead and did it without talking about it or if Hardy said no and he did it, that's a betrayal of trust.

noumenon

Reaction score
TBH, I'm sure Punk wasn't really thinking about how Hardy felt about his drug conviction while Punk's career was sky rocketing.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

Yeah, I doubt it. His program with Hardy was the thing that converted me over to liking. And I use to to hate the guy with a passion.