Kane's new Direction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This week on Smackdown, there was a back stage meeting between Teddy Long and the Big Red Machine, during which Kane hinted that in recent weeks he had lost his edge and was becoming a bit of a push over for guys like Mark Henry, and when he asked the GM if he found Kane scary, and Teddy said yes, he didn't believe him. Then later on we had Kane in the main the event with Randy Orton, a match which only lasted a few minutes, and ended up with Kane being layed out by the champion post match. I sense this will now lead to Kane looking to find his feet and become the Kane of old in the coming weeks.

What direction do you see Kane taking now.
Do you think a storyline like this could get him over strong again.
And what do you think Kane's value is to WWE in 2011 compared with in the past.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Actually, I don't think this is the start of anything. Sadly, this is the end of something great. I think Kanes last push was his world title run, and a nice one it was, but this is it I think. Most likely will come down to a match with Kanes career on the line, and he'll lose. If anything, I think this is the start of the down ward spiral of Kanes career. He keeps losing, no one is taking him seriously anymore, so he decides to put his career on the line, and loses. Maybe to Mark Henry. Or Christian. Someone who could use the heel heat of ending Kanes career to get them over.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think this will go somewhere but also lead to the end one final Hurah before he goes out. Perhaps a tag match at Wrestlemania Brothers of Destruction Vs. DX I'd buy that thought it'd be a match we'd also all lose on. Kanes value used to be the big red machine he was up there with taker the rock austin jericho foley if not with those guys damn close. Now he's more like the big show top of the mid card really he's used to get other guys over without anyone really caring about how it makes him look anymore. I think his contract is probably up next year and nobody is expecting him to resign so they'll have him and taker go out together in some form.

Ben Purse

Reaction score
I agree with Tapout. Kane`s last push was the world title. I really don`t even think he will turn heel until the last stint of his career.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The difference between Kane and Undertaker though is that he doesn't have the same sort of injuries as Taker, and is in better shape, so he may not have the same value as he once did, but IMO is still a solid big man, who can still put on decent matches, and like Big Show I wouldn't mind him sticking around awhile and being used as guy to put younger talent over, or at least give them a bit of a rub.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that this will lead to something in the short term. Smackdown needs more mainevent faces because the only one they currently have is Orton. Now that they have realised that they will put Kane back in that position for a couple of months until they figure out who can take the spot. Kane won't get the title again, his last big run with the title was fantastic but it was his last big run, but will be used as a stop gap contender for the short term. I hope that he becames a face version of what Henry is at the moment. Back to being a monster but still working as a fan favourite rather than a heel like Henry.