JVD books AEW's Tournament of Harts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
[place holder thread]
Purpose: See title, fantasy booking of Aew's future tournament of Harts
- will be writing out full matches
-will focus mostly on the tournament
-will have broadstrokes storyline recaps if required

Setting: 2022 - Canadian leg of AEW tour. Start location : Montreal Tournament finals: Calgary​

Reactions: Hoss and Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
January 5th 2020
Dynamite
from Montreal, QC

PART 1

The show opens with Tony Schiavone inside the ring with a microphone in hand. He addresses the crowd:

Tony: Ladies and Gentlemen we are proud to finally make our Canadian debut in one of the hottest wrestling market in the world, Montreal! As some of you may have read , AEW recently has a made a commitment to honor one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, who also happens to be from Canada. I'm of course talking about the great, late Owen Hart. To tell you more about it, we have a special guest here tonight, who really needs no introduction at all. Come on out!

The Montreal crowd roars for the Hitman as he hits the ramp waving. He walks down to the ring and is handed the microphone by Tony.

Hitman: Montreal it's great to see you under less dubious circumstances!

the crowd laughs

It's an honor for me to be out here tonight to talk about my Brother, who I miss every day...Owen was the exemplification of a perfect wrestler and a prefect human being. A family man and a brother to me, and everyone else he shared a locker room with.

the crowd cheers as Brett pauses to regain his composure.

I can't think of a better night, the first every AEW event north of the border, in our great country of Canada, to announce the official start of the Tournament of Harts. The tournament will begin tonight, all competitors will be formidable Canadian wrestlers from AEW... or their affiliates if we feel a certain competitor deserves a shot. Right now I will unveil 6 of the 8 entrants!

A graphic pops up on the Titantron and shows one competitor after the other

dczkhm3-d0d03474-be39-4434-8496-917365c2d22b.png
Kenny Omega

defn2he-a2b9a39b-5ad9-4076-814d-bec7245e064b.png
Christian Cage

deh53jo-2bc502e8-d24b-4326-85da-d518591770be.png
Chris Jericho

deiea8e-9a40bed4-f9e1-4d4e-903d-6e91909a0077.png
Evil Uno

ddi8wzf-41a1c359-d4b4-479c-8254-91f081de9df5.png
Shawn Spears

de86tpw-426646b8-6fc7-4ca1-8fca-ab1823a3411c.png
Ethan Page

The crowd cheers and boos depending on the wrestler shown (but popped hard for Evil Uno)

Hitman: Six of the eight men that will compete for the Hart cup and become the inaugural King of Harts ladies and gentlemen. Any of these guys would bring prestige to this trophy. Chris Jericho: one of the longest tenures and most creative minds in all of professional history. Christian Cage: who's work ethic can be matched by no one and would well represent the name Hart. Kenny Omega: The longest reigning AEW champion in history and self-acclaimed best wrestler on the planet! Evil Uno: Who's natural charisma and technical prowess is underrated by all but those who are truly paying attention! Shawn Spears: One of the most complete and professional wrestler to ever lace up the boots. Ethan Page: One of the fastest Canadian rising stars in the business and multiple tag team world champion.

Suddenly Brett is interrupted by a someone's music...

Ethan Page walks out, mic in hand, along with Scorpio Sky. The walk down to boos down the ramp and walk into the ring. Ethan gets face to face with Brett Hart and rises the mic.

Ethan: I'm sorry Brett, I don't mean to be rude and interrupt a great bitter legend like yourself...

boo!

But did I just hear you say rising star? former tag team champion? I'll have you know that I'm already surpassed all the jokers you mentioned before me and there's nothing rising about me. I'm the top of the food chain! And while me and Scorpio Sky, The Men of The Year. are the best damn tag team on the planet, that doesn't mean that I'm not the biggest threat in this tournament. Not by a long shot!

Hitman: Well...That's all fine and good you feel that way. In fact I was going to have the courtesy to let AEW's management announce the match later for tonight, but since you decided to come out and run your mouth, I'll let you know myself! You know when I only announced 6 of the 8 competitors? Well one of the 2 guys not named, he's here TONIGHT. In fact he's going to be YOUR opponent!

Now hold on! I wasn't told about a match! But whatever, as I said, I know everyone inside and out in that locker room. There isn't a damn AEW wrestler I haven't scouted!

Hitman: Well then I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you Ethan. Because this man isn't signed with AEW, but he knows you very very well! Since you got you gear on, I think we should bring him out and have the match now! Oh and Ethan, he's also my pick to win it all. Good luck!

Brett walks away as Scorpio and Ethan bicker as Ethan is confused and freaking out. Their bickering is quickly stopped by a familiar theme.

Ethan Page turns 5 different shades of white as he observes his former partner AND CURRENT IMPACT WORLD CHAMPION JOSH ALEXANDER MAKES HIS AEW DEBUT!

...TO BE CONTINUED

• Love

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
January 5th 2020
Dynamite
from Montreal, QC

PART 2

We return from commercial with Josh Alexander and Ethan Page in opposite corners of the ring, and the bell goes off to start the match.

Ethan marches towards Josh, stomping his feet, and sticks his finger in his face and begins to yell and berate him. Josh Alexander places his hands on his hips and shakes his head in disappointment. Ethan sticks his finger closer and makes contact with Josh's face, which he visibly does not appreciate. Josh snaps Ethan's wrist and bends it into a one handed wrist lock with ease to Ethan's horror.

Ethan yells dramatically as Josh applies pressure. Ethan attempts to counter with a western lariat but Josh ducks under and turns the wristlock into a hammerlock. Ethan winces in more pain and tries to reach behind him taking blind shots at Josh's head, but it's no good. Josh transitions using a variation a drop toe hold from the hammerlock to send Ethan belly first to the mat while still controlling the arm, now he's locked in a variation armbar. After a few moments of struggling, Ethan manages to get closer to the ropes and stick his right foot over it, breaking the hold. The referee forces Josh to release the hold and backs him up as Ethan slowly stands up and rotates his arm in pain.

Both men in the middle again and this time Ethan raises his non damaged arm up in the air for a test of strength. Josh obliges and raising his right arm...only for Ethan to poke him in the eye to a roar of boos. Ethan locks in a tight headlock and begins to squeeze dramatically. Elbow to the chest of Ethan by Josh. Ethan throws him into the ropes and hits a scoop slam! quick cover!

Josh easily kicks out. Ethan however doesn't let up and slides towards Josh and attempts another side headlock. Josh's mat wrestling game is too slick however, and he slips behind Ethan and positions himself in a waistlock. Ethan stands up in a panic and tries to shake out of it with a back elbow. Josh again slips under, maintains the waistlock around the stomach. now face to face, Josh explodes and lifts Ethan over his head backwards for a belly overhead suplex, sending Ethan crashing on his back with impact. Cover

Ethan kicks out and immediately clutches his lower back. Josh leans back against the ropes and smiles as he taunts Ethan to get his ass up. As Ethan finally gets on his feet, Josh goes to launch himself towards him but Scorpio Sky grabs his foot for the floor! The referee sees this and begins to berate Sky. Josh turns around from the distraction...to be met by a HUGE big boot from Page. Ethan raises both arms in the air as the crowd boos him mercilessly, he's soaking that shit in though.

As Josh recovers on the mat Ethan begins to stomp down on him. He mounts him and begins reigning down fists on his face over and over again until the referee is forced to physically push him off of top position. JOSH ALEXANDER'S FOREHEAD IS CUT OPEN! BLOOD! BLOOD!

The referee goes to check on Josh and puts on a pair of black latex glove as he checks the gash on Josh's forehead. Ethan will have none of this however and walks past the referee and lifts josh by the shoulder strap back to his feet. Throw into the corner turnbuckle, Josh hits it back first hard. Running corner uppercut by Page. Page climbs the second rope and berates Josh again, then begins to rain down fists on his cut open forehead to the count of 10.

The crowd boos as Ethan taunts more. Josh is a bloody mess who's simply trying to keep conscious and wipe the blood off his face. Ethan says it's over and lifts Josh into a seated position on the turnbuckle pad. He turns around and puts both his hands under each of Josh's shoulders and lifts him up...HE'S GOING FOR THE EGO'S EDGE! He walks a few paces with Josh up in the air but Josh manages to hook his right leg into the corner rope causing Ethan to stumble forward and let him go. Josh manages to land on his feet as Ethan struggles with his balance and hits face first into the opposing corner. Ethan whips around grabbing his face in pain! But here comes Josh WITH A MASSIVE SPEAR! Both men are laid out on their backs on the mat as the referee checks on both and eventually starts a 10 count.

Both men slowly rise to their feet, Josh looking quite insane with blood flowing freely still from his bald head. They meet once again in the middle of the ring, now forehead to forehead as Josh's crimson masks drips onto Ethan. Forearm from Josh. Forearm by Ethan. Yes and NO forearm exchange back and forth. Low kick by Ethan...caught by Josh! Josh spins Ethan around and grabs his back...German suplex. Waist control stays. A second German! And a third! Pin!

Ethan barely kicks out at 2.5! Josh is feeling it and he gets up and stomps around in excitement. Scorpio Sky gets on the apron to argue with the referee! Josh stares him down then hit's the back ropes at breakneck speed. SPEARS SCORPIO SKY THROUGH THE ROPES onto the floor! The crowd is going berserk! Josh is looking like an absolute machine! He stands up and picks Sky up, puts his heads between his legs...c4 spike piledriver on the floor to Sky. He's not moving anymore as the crowd can barely contain it's roar.

Back in the ring Ethan is slow to get up but manages, and appears to crouch by the corner stalking Josh. Josh finally rolls in the ring and Ethan pounces into action. He runs at Josh and lifts the leg to hit his signature big boot! But no! Josh saw him coming, sidesteps and grabs the high kick. He twists his body against the inside of the leg for a dragon screw and maintains the the foot hold...INTO THE ANKLE LOCK! Josh has it locked in, middle of the ring! Ethan is screaming in pain! He crawls slowly towards the ropes, inching closer and closer. He reaches out to the bottom rope, his finger within an inch.

Josh sceams as blood continues to pour over his face! He lifts Ethan's leg higher into the air and manhandles him! Drags him backwards to the middle of the ring! he cranks the ankle again....and pulls it even more fully lying and extending on top for Ethan's back!

Ethan Page taps out! It's all she wrote.

Josh Alexander stands tall, a bloody mess. He raises his Impact World Championship and holds upone finger to indicate he's number 1. Officials check on both Sky and Page as the crimson faced Josh Alexander victoriously walks the tunnel.

end of part 2

to be continued (last part of Montreal Dynamite)

Last edited:

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Will read when get chance great idea

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
side note: let me know in the future if you prefer a full dynamite or broken up in parts. I write them in parts but I can post them as one big post if ppl like that more. since im not doing full shows however, i do like breaking up the posts by mataches/major segments

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So where's Brian Pillman Jr?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
side note: let me know in the future if you prefer a full dynamite or broken up in parts. I write them in parts but I can post them as one big post if ppl like that more. since im not doing full shows however, i do like breaking up the posts by mataches/major segments

I like them better in parts

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So where's Brian Pillman Jr?
not canadian so not in this specific tournament ( i only slotted 8)

but thanks for reminding me of him, now i can include him in some other capacity :garrett

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Personally I would of had a Canadian bracket and American one as well or hell done a Ryder cup like tournament where it's Canada vs. USA in a survivor series type match

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
January 5th 2020
Dynamite
from Montreal, QC

PART 3
(later in the evening)

Later in the evening, a graphic is show for the main event of the evening: Chris Jericho against the 8th and final entrant !
The crowd roars and begin to sing along as Judas hits the PA system and JERICHO appears in big bold black and white letters on the Khantron:

A series of dramatic pyrotechnic explosions go off as Chris Jericho walks through the tunnel, adjusting his leather jacket, waving a hand through his hair before posing with his arms in the air. Smoke fills the arena as tens of thousands of Jerichoholics sing Judas loudly throughout the Bell Center. Jericho slowly walks down hive fiving fans along the way to the ring. He walks through the ropes after climbing the steps and pauses halfway through as the crowd is still belting out his beloved theme song. Jericho cracks a wide grin. In the ring he continues to pose on the turnbuckle while soaking in the adulations of the Montreal faithful.

Justin Roberts: Introducing first, from Winnipeg, Manitoba...He is Le Champion....The Demo God...The Painmakerrrrrr...Chrissss! Jeeeeerichooooo!

And his opponent! Fighting from Laval, Quebec!

The crowd erupts at the thought of a local hero fighting on national television

They call him...SPEEEEEEDBALLLLL! MIKE! BAILEY!

Mike Bailey's theme plays as the fans erupt throughout the stadium for the local wrestler and taekwondo wizard! Some light pyro go off and create smoke in front of the tunnel. Crowd is going wild with anticipation.

Yet no one appears. Curious. After a brief moment of confusion in the ring and on commentary, the feed cuts to the backstage area. Mike Bailey is lying on the ground...As a large hooded man is stomping down on him with large wrestling boots! Mike is helpless from this apparent sneak attack and gets the living hell kicked out of him on the concrete floor. The man finally stops but immediately picks him up and over his shoulder. He begins to run towards the wall and darts poor Mike Bailey face first into the wall. GG...He dead....

As backstage officials rush to Bailey, Chris Jericho is in the ring shrugging and joking around with Justin Roberts. Unfortunately he doesn't notice the hooded man walks towards the ring area...As Jericho is looking about to leave the ring, assuming a forfeit, the lights go out. Who the hell could this be now?

JR: It's Kevin Steen! By god what the hell is he doing here! Kevin Steen has arrived in AEW ladies and gentlemen, and he's already assaulting backstage talent!

The crowd is absolutely wild with a mix of extremely loud cheers and boos from excitement of Kevin Steen's arrival to the dismissal of his already heinous actions. Likewise, Jericho looks slightly puzzled in the ring, almost unsure himself if he should be thrilled to see an old friend or terrified to face an old foe.

Kevin Steen with his hood now showing his bearded face is walking with intense authority straight towards the ring and Chris Jericho. Justin Roberts wisely leaves the ring as Steen enters it with what could only be described as pure hatred and rage in his eyes. He slowly walks towards Jericho, not once averting his gaze, flaring his nostrils dramatically.

Jericho puts his arms in front of him in a pleading fashion and audibly tells him I MISSED YOU! Steen continues to walk towards him and corners Jericho into the turnbuckles. Jericho now absolutely terrified puts his fists up and says if you want to go then we can go! The two men stare at each other for what feels like an eternity...

When finally Steen smiles and opens his arms up for a hug, a giant smile on his face! SWERVE! These dudes are now hugging hard and Jericho is yelping in joy. What the hell is going on, supposed to have a match here! Jericho raises Steen hand in the air to an echo of boos and cheers. They hug once again and Jericho taunts the crowd on the top turnbuckle.

Kevin Steen uppercuts him in the balls though, mother fucker! Shortest tease in history, too bad, deal with it. Jericho is grabbing his sack like he just went through Matt Hardy's evidently botched vasectomy. Steen gets under him and just powerbombs him back down to the matt and :owens3 :owens3 :owens3 :owens3 :owens3
Ring the god damn bell he says!

The bell rings and this match is fucking happening against all logic and you love it so just enjoy it. Steen immediately pins Jericho but he kicks out right away. Steen picks him up off the mat and throws him into the ropes and looks for the pop-up powerbomb but Jericho wisely rolls out of the ring to catch a breather.

Steen rolls under the bottom rope on the adjacent side and slowly stalks Jericho on the outside. He attempts to gank Jericho with a right hook around the corner but the crafty veteran sees it coming and counter with a straight right gut punch that stops him in his tracks.

Jericho wraps his arm around the back of the neck of Steen and drives his head into the corner post on the outside. Steen is stunned and grabs his face. Jericho grabs Steens right wrist with both arms and pulls him to launch him into the barricade. Reversal. Steen counters and pivots, now sending Jericho backs first into the barricade. Jericho stumbles on his rear end but can't catch a moments peace as Steen launches his entire body into him with a canon ball.

Jericho is looking pretty out of it on the ground but Steen still absorbed some damage from that assault and gets up gingerly himself. He grabs Jericho by the hair and pulls his head back and yells in his face in french. He drags him slowly to the side of the ring as the referee continues to plead with Quebec native to bring the action back inside the squared circle. Steen berates Jericho some more and sticks his face on the side of the apron and emphasizes pointing at it. He then sticks Jericho's head between his legs and wraps his arms around his waist. He's going to powerbomb him on the apron! He lifts him up!

But Jericho shows some life and wiggles his legs at the right moment to break the momentum, allowing him to regain his footing. To the crowds amazement he manages to lift and back drop the much large Steen over himself, sending him crashing on hard floor. Steen grabs his lower back and yells and Jericho attempts to regain his balance and energy leaning on the side of the ring.

Jericho walks back towards Steen and lays in some forearms into his lower back. He grabs him by the shorts and throws him back under the bottom rope into the ring and follows suit. Now it's Jericho's turn to stalk Steen. He creeps up behind him and hits a running bulldog. Crowd going crazy. Steen is down. Jericho runs to the ropes and hops on them! LIONSAULT PICTURE PERFECT! cover!

No! Not enough to put Steen away as he kicks out right after 2. Jericho moves quickly however and grabs Steen's legs! He's now going for the Liontamer but he still has Steen on his back. He tries to muscles him to the side one way, then the other. He almost has him fully turned over but Steen reaches in and pulls the hair giving him a chance to turn it into a school boy roll-up

Chris kicks out! Both men back on their feet and they just start throwing rapid fire bombs at each other! Steen lands a hard right and stuns Jericho. Hammerthrow into the ropes by Steen and he waits for Jericho to return. POP! UP! POWER! CODE BREAKER! Jericho reverses the pop-up power bomb into a code breaker and lays Steen out. Slowly reaches for the cover and hooks the leg.

2 1/2

KICKOUT! The crowd gasps as Steen barely manages to escape the pinfall. Jericho can't believe it and shakes his head in disbelief. He slows gets up and smacks his right elbow. He lowers her stance as Steen comes to his feet. He loads up, takes off and spins for the JUDAS EFFECT but Steen manages to duck and sidestep at the last second. Jericho is flat-footed and Steen catches him off guard with a CODE BREAKER of his own. No pin and Steen sadistically smiles and picks up Jericho and throws him into the ropes. POP UP POWERBOMB connects. Cock pinfall

WHAT! Jericho kicks out at the very last moment. Steen holds up 3 in the referee's face but the referee shakes his head and says 2. Steen furiously stomps to the corner and climbs the ropes. He flips off the ref and Jericho. FROG SPLASH. Hooks the leg

2 4/5

Kickout again. Steen is flabbergasted as Jericho's almost lifeless body manage to barely move and get to his hands and knees. Steen begins to violently kick him behind the head until the referee pulls him off. Jericho looks very concussed and slowly gets to his feet. Steen pushes the referee aside and taunts him to do something. Jericho goes for a desperate Judas Effect but doesn't have much strength to pull it off, allowing Steen to simply grab his arm. Steen then rolls Jericho's arm over his head and snaps it down at the elbow over his own shoulder to a loud crack. Jericho yells in pain. Steen is unbothered however and kicks him in the gut. He sticks his head between his legs, hooks both arms and boom. Steen Package Pile Driver. He goes for the cover

But Steen gets off Jericho at the last moment with a sadistic smile. He picks him back up. Another Steen Driver. PIn.

Steen puts Jericho down down for the count as the exhausted crowd cheers and boos. Medical professional rush to Jericho's side as Steen walks backwards towards the tunnel, admiring his handy work.

AEW goes off air.

Winners rd 1 so far:
Steen
Josh Alexander

Losers:
Ethan Page
Chris Jericho

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score