Justin Gabriel quits WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Does this mean he doesn't need to wait that stupid ass 60 days, right? I'm pretty sure after the CM Punk and Del Rio incidents, they suddenly realised that they're independant contractors and therefore can't be forced to not compete for 60 days so he can be back wrestling on TV sooner rather than later?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
One of my buddies is a legit mark for Fandango, it's crazy.. I know being a Sandow mark is weird but c'mon, Fandango? and this was before his debut on the main roster.

I kinda was in the beginning after he first debuted, when they let him show a little more of his charisma and mic skills (i.e. getting pissy when people wouldn't pronounce his name correctly... FAN-DAN-GO.) Now, not so much.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Does this mean he doesn't need to wait that stupid ass 60 days, right? I'm pretty sure after the CM Punk and Del Rio incidents, they suddenly realised that they're independant contractors and therefore can't be forced to not compete for 60 days so he can be back wrestling on TV sooner rather than later?

The "no-compete" is something of a smoke screen.

It can't really be enforced unless you want to one day perform again in the WWE. That's why most guys take it seriously. Even if you're being released, there's still the possibility of being brought back to the WWE. But if you've flaunted their "no compete clause", Vince and Paul probably won't re-sign you. Since WWE is the de facto "major league" of pro wrestling, everybody wants a chance to come back, even if it's not in a wrestling role.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And his ring name on the indies is......"The DareWolf" PJ Black...

DareWolf? Seriously.....

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah I figured but since the last time he had anything really to do that was big. The single word of Who? I thought would best represent my thoughts on the man.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah I figured but since the last time he had anything really to do that was big. The single word of Who? I thought would best represent my thoughts on the man.

Figured how you feel about JG by writing 'Who?'. That's how I feel, too.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
UPDATE: As noted, Justin Gabriel quit WWE this past weekend, after signing with WWE in 2008.

Gabriel requested his release from WWE officials because he realized he was in a position where the company was not going to do anything else with him beyond Superstars, Main Event and NXT. Gabriel being pulled from the Royal Rumble main event may have been the last straw.

Gabriel wanted more than what WWE was giving him for his pro wrestling career and is looking forward to working the indies. Gabriel will be working as PJ Black from here on out.