Smarkverse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That silly Moose keeps talking all that crap. Now he’s got Pac and Alexander both on his back for that title.

What a week he’s gonna have.

Always great to see Ultimate X return. Glad to see Chris Bey get one last shot on Impact before joining brothers of Bullet Club in Ring of Honor.

Not unhappy to see Red getting a push again in TNA.

Kenta about to blow the roof off this place. Him putting that blowhard Riddle to sleep popped me.

Geeat show, Juice and Fourth.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Rockstar Spud running things is something I can get behind as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rockstar Spud running things is something I can get behind as well.

This is a great choice I wouldn't have considered myself, really liked his 205 Live GMimg tho

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Yeah I was struggling for who to pick for a GM then I remembered 205 Live and how good he was in the role. Love Juice bringing stuff to life.

She really helped me with ideas for the whole show.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That finish with Moose getting the upper hand on both Pac and Alexander is great heat.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm in love with what you've done, closing segment was just perfect. You really nailed the vision I had of what Moose would say in his promo, and I loved the way Pac & Josh interrupted him. Very stoked with how much life you've already breathed in to my Becky/Rosa feud as well. Such a perfect show. Everything was exactly how I imagined it. You're so good at this, Juice.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
dkvnXfGIXsPVk6udfkv9hmTCBpcyKuGJkwxOUvcCQsPV6yZjeqsA0BtmXBmeVFSsNuhMdiyi82uIHcQ72a49HlmLDzFD8HCQdVwkjJfHFteOejVsxKW9QsJcPNJBZS44a4eA_6K-

Episode 001

- The commentary table of Pat McAfee, Stu Bennett and Tom Phillips would welcome the fans to Roy Wilkins Auditorium with Phillips informing the audience that St. Pauls was the historical home of the AWA and he couldn’t think of a better place for the American Wrestling Association to re-open its door after two decades on the shelf. McAfee would chime in that for the next few weeks they would be running shows out of ‘The Roy’ and would make it clear that the only way for any wrestling promotion to succeed and grow was to have a strong foundation and that he couldn’t think of a better place to build that right here in the state of Minnesota.

- | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | -

- Following the introductions General Manager Adam Pearce and his assistant Paige would make their way out from the back and welcome the fans to the hottest show on Friday Nights - Firefight. Adam’s first official act as the GM would announce that in order to crown the first AWA World Heavyweight Champion since Larry Zbyszko in 1990 a 16-man tournament was going to take place. Adam would make it clear that over the next three hours himself and Paige would discuss who the sixteen top stars entering the tournament would be and that the first round matches would take place over the following two weeks with the finals taking place at AWA first major show in this new era - Ace High.

43jQUECrfqNTiK5H5G1I10ISR5ObxnzXqlXo6idjY8ueF_VWfWIrcSXbVAIze0qpmW2S_5X_mZdHpET8madbLDatOllgGenVl0BnTswfW-qelNuTNgtvqEeJ_guzrCjwhL7p0GNI

Finish: The first match in the new era of AWA would see the grizzled veteran Austin Aries take on the younger Theory in a challenging contest. Aries would force Theory to work for the win, but Theory would show why until the WWE’s collapse he had been touted as one of their future stars as he would nail AA with the ATL to pick up the W.

USEw7oHsZNo0wkAfqM0SnBpqFcUdEq1iG214BTO-ooIZqI9zm42EZjOF64BKe7ne5PrxK-XaUR3oRqx2itUEtRk1XFJpQSzMFkTsIg9jtnJxzdf1QczaV_J2toNC0TwDLjEhxvib

Finish: There was never any real doubt in this contest, with Erik and Ivar absolutely dominating the contest and sending a resounding message through the tag team division and whether it was world or television championship everyone else had been put on notice by the Viking Raiders.

- The cameras would cut backstage where Megan Morant was speaking exclusively with Finn Balor. When asked about the tournament that had been announced, Finn would make it clear as day that not only did he expect to be included in the short list of sixteen, but he wouldn’t have signed with a company like AWA that had clear aspirations of rekindling its former glories, if he too didn’t have the same passion and motivations driving him forward.

- When pushed more about his intentions, Balor would make it clear that he would do everything in his power to win matches, and that if that meant going down the road of having to injure someone in order to get the win then that was how far he was willing to go for glory. This pursuit for the gold was all about him and nobody else - and anyone that called him selfish was a fool. He wasn’t selfish, but rather just hungry.

- We would remain backstage, but the cameras would then join the full complement of The New Day standing in one of the walls backstage, with Big E doing squats whilst Xavier and Kofi would be talking amongst themselves. The pair would be bigging up Big E, and making it clear that Adam Pearce would be foolish not to have E on his final sixteen man shortlist. Big E would smile, as his ears were burning but wouldn’t choose to comment as instead he was very much focused on his squat regime. The chilled moment though, would soon be interrupted as the HURT Business would stroll down the corridor with the clear intention of causing a scene.

- MVP, with Apollo Crews and Cedric Alexander flanking him on either side would make it clear that The New Day would have been better taking a page out of the WWE’s book and moving on to a different career path because they had surely made a mistake pitching up a tent in the AWA. MVP would make it clear that he would be disgusted if Big E, or if any member of The New Day was named to take part in the tournament especially if he included himself.

- Big E would respond whilst still working out, with a carefree attitude, as he would make it clear that the HURT Business had a long to go before they were able to prove they belonged to in the big leagues - but on the off chance that MVP was actually part of the tournament he wished him the best of luck ahead of his first round elimination. This comment would result in tense staredowns between Big E and MVP, before HURT Business’ leader would make a gesture with the three walking away before the altercation became physical.

MitjOgC0X5OCKuMtpDCYK0P4mIOfAaJQwzP_L08B1dtSlu6qOvEJGSIOyj0uBbuepr_OC-UTdQTPIIB3t0Qx2vN6uMkHVOqjq5uFIPCwVEa1KYSACEeZsanCfuWJrvIyHcxe-SfE

Finish: Sal Rinauro would put on a good account of himself, but the match was really a story of cat and mouse with everyone knowing that once the Austrian heavyweight grabbed hold of Sal it would most likely be over. That didn’t stop Rinauro from doing his best to put up a fight, before WALTER would end the match hitting the Golden Bomb (Pumphandle Powerbomb) to claim the victory.

t27MnThPcvPwTdwVPhWOKwGhAH3NKIILXGeIPsQk88ZmcXBubCMAZ-oV3ZKq29rTgAlJHY4LJ-rrAmVHOp5SzHXSUWIiUILs3syYKliTiLPu6dP9idncfM3rVjPS2KdFtD2LzAXq

Finish: Jiro and Fatu would have an interesting contest, with Ikeman Jiro spending large portions of the match trying to lift Fatu off the ground to no avail, in a contest that was a clear mismatch. Jacob would eventually bring the match to its knees by nailing Jiro with the Pop-up Samoan Drop to pick up a victory on his AWA debut.

- Alicia Atout would have gone out of her for an AWA Exclusive and managed to find Rhea Ripley and would ask the Australian born wrestler why she had chosen to make AWA her new home moving forwards. Rhea would make it clear that she was part of the American Wrestling Association because she wasn’t a woman who necessarily cared about legacy or what her peers thought about - but instead all she cared about was making an impact. And making an impact in this reborn promotion meant continuing to show the entire world that she was the biggest badass around and that when the opportunity presented itself it would her with her hand raised in the air as she was confirmed the first AWA World Women’s Champion.

ngdHkKaKQsKPa04UigPStJkjwzRAjjqNxPwLpiEMJFFtr70Gb0NGZUEf3_p8etTKeY1KVTVQT7ChSjMFSUWh5As1ZI40aylsu2P1miVHct4q5sHtCVEJvUA1pHzs6PeMSZZg8Iym

Finish: The first women’s contest in a modern AWA world would prove to be the most competitive of the evening so far, with it be clear that Kairi Hojo clearly hadn’t expected Xia Li to put up this match of a fight to the point where the fans in ‘The Roy’ were actually vocal in showing their support of Xia. Kairi though would eventually claim the victory, in true pirate spirit by launching off the turnbuckle after some theatrics to connect with the Seven Seas (Diving Elbow Drop) before staying in place on top of Li to pick up the win.

- Prior to the night’s main-event - the camera would cut backstage to the official office of General Manager Adam Pearce. Pearce would make it clear that he and Paige had spent a lot of time deliberating who were the sixteen men most qualified to compete in the tournament to become the first Heavyweight Champion in over two decades, before Pearce would take up a piece of paper and pin it to the wall before his desk with the cameras zooming in on the list of sixteen men and the opponents they been matched up with for the first round:

Sami Zayn vs. LA Park

Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Theory

Drew McIntyre vs. Puma King

Finn Balor vs. Pete Dunne

Big E vs. Ilja Druganov

Cesaro vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

TJP vs. Keith Lee

WALTER vs. Damian Priest

- After this reveal of entrants, Peace would confirm that the first four matches of the first round would be taking place during next week’s episode of Firefight and would urge everyone to return to the Roy Wilkins Auditorium next week for what he felt would be another great episode - before revealing that in tonight’s main-event Bryan Danielson would take on Brian Pillman, Jr. in what would be the first ever main-event match ever in the new version of the AWA and he hoped everyone enjoyed the spectacle.

vqBQGxic2-fR6c3VyHbfh3Kj0Mx-nOMypo8j-ipnERzufIn5JAuz_1QxQeV6-MBBvte0jY-IJsAhixG_YsZ7RI1kpcacrOv_YdFBeVS7jyDm-ZfAG2AXgobmaYf1Q-kqb9m2M1L4

Finish: Pillman, Jr. would push Danielson to the very limit in this contest, with the second generation star showing everyone that he was more than just carrying the name of his father and had forced Danielson to work for the win. The direction of the match would change though, when Bryan would grab hold of both of Pillman’s wrists before stomping down multiple times onto his opponent’s face. With his younger foe dazed and rattled, Danielson would be the true technician by locking in the Cattle Mutilation (Bridging double chickenwing) to pick up the win and bring the first episode of Friday Night Firefight to a finish.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m just about finished planning my next show and my PPV.

Will probably have that to you tonight or tomorrow night.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
End of Week "Homework"

At some point - once y'all have read each other's show I need one thing from everyone.

- To send me a Message - in our existing chains ranking your peers show in order from 1-4 [obviously not rating your own]
- In our first week - Jeff's 2nd Night will the show you rank

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
End of Week "Homework"

At some point - once y'all have read each other's show I need one thing from everyone.

- To send me a Message - in our existing chains ranking your peers show in order from 1-4 [obviously not rating your own]
- In our first week - Jeff's 2nd Night will the show you rank

Nice. This is a cool concept.

I think we should rank the rosters, too. Get an idea of who had the best draft and that way we can see if that person booked their roster the best at the end.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Nice. This is a cool concept.

I think we should rank the rosters, too. Get an idea of who had the best draft and that way we can see if that person booked their roster the best at the end.

If I told you I had something in the works for rosters - would you believe me?