JR's blog on SD... Not happy!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
I agree JR should have been notified well before draft he is an announcing icon and has been with Raw like a zillion yrs and they should have treated JR with a bit more respect. as i presume Trips got I'm pissed about that on one hand but on the other I'm open top new feuds and story lines and it will be a fresh change for trips as he has demolished 99.9% of Raw anyway.

Well I'll make my first comment about this as I'm starting to calm down a little bit about it. First off the possibility of feuds on SD! is very good for HHH. You've got Edge, Show, possibly Taker depending on what they do, Hardy's there now, MVP, Kennedy depending on what they do with him as a heel/face. At the same time though I do stuff on Friday nights! I'm not sitting at home watching wrestling very often, especially in the summer. So although I actually like SD! roster more now than the Raw one with the additions of Trips, JR, Hardy and Kennedy I'm not sure how much I'll actually be watching. I've got very mixed feelings about it at the moment. Quite honestly I don't even know how much I'll be watching Raw now because they stripped it of 3 of the main reasons I watch that show.

Great One

Yeah, JR moving to SD was bullshit, but whatever. JR/King was/is the best team of all time, but I have to admit they definitely haven't been the same as they use to be as King isn't a hardcore heel anymore sadly.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
he has posted a new

Changes in one’s life take some adjusting to especially at my stage of the game. This week I received an unexpected change in my professional address. Within hours of writing an emotional blog, I am positively moving on. I am going to do all I can to make Smackdown the best program the WWE produces. Working side by side with Mick Foley should be fun. It will be entertaining I assure you. Mick is a great friend and a man I greatly respect. The Smackdown roster is loaded with exceptional talent and the WWE wants the brand to grow and I intend to do all that I can in my role to facilitate that growth.

The abruptness of the “trade” shocked me. I most likely responded in a non professional way in the eyes of some fans. That’s their prerogative and each has the right to their opinion, As do I. Not to be cliche, but wrestling has been great to my family and me. I owe it to the business to “man up” and to kick ass on Smackdown. That’s my plan. My emotions are what they are and I will not apologize for my candor or honesty. My feathers were ruffled…poor me. I still bring bona fide passion to every broadcast and fully expect to deliver come show time. As I write this I am in the midst of some travel delays, but I will definitely be in Houston and will be looking forward to “business picking up”. I will practice what I have preached and feel that after sleeping on this major change all things happen for a reason. Life is good. My tank has been re-fueled. Let’s have some fun. For those of you that were offended by my earlier rant I apologize. For those that think “old J.R.” can’t get the job done, I suggest you sit back and watch. I wish my good pal The King and Michael Cole great success but my professional priority is to help Smackdown kick ass. In more ways than one, “the game is on”.

Boomer Sooner!
J.R.

ollie

Reaction score
For me it's not as much not having JR on Raw but more splitting up JR and King. They work well together and have done for years, it was a bad move on WWE's part - especially not telling him. THat's not on.

I'm hoping/expecting a reunion in the not too distant future cos I don't see them lasting the year.

chessarmy

^ (to blaze) I guess JR is over it now...

Anyway, I said it once and I'll say it again. This was a GREAT move by the WWE. JR and King were getting stale, and this is also a great way for WWE to shake things up. Smackdown!'s ratings will probably be MUCH higher now, and it will be very interesting to see how JR does on Smackdown! I loved the draft, it made WWE interesting again...

HHHforever

Reaction score
^ (to blaze) I guess JR is over it now...

Anyway, I said it once and I'll say it again. This was a GREAT move by the WWE. JR and King were getting stale, and this is also a great way for WWE to shake things up. Smackdown!'s ratings will probably be MUCH higher now, and it will be very interesting to see how JR does on Smackdown! I loved the draft, it made WWE interesting again...

I gotta agree that SD!'s rating is going to go up. I mean you've got HHH who is arguably the most over face in the company at the moment, Jeff Hardy who is incredibly over, JR who is a signficant improvement to Michael Cole, Kennedy who is starting to get over as a face and some other strong talent such as Finlay and heels like Edge, MVP and heel/tweener Big Show.

Personally I think the right move would have been to send Foley to Raw. I don't think that JR and King are stale, but Foley seems to be a pretty good announcer and that change could have been very good. I think we're really going to find out how important announcing is in the coming weeks. I think you're going to see a significant decrease in the overall product on Raw especially for people that mostly watch Raw and don't realize how worthless Michael Cole can be and how great JR really is.

We'll see how the ratings and everything is affected by this, should be very very interesting.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I know for one thing...I'm watching Smackdown for the first time in months...It might be good now.