JR Speaks on Flair Wrestling, Knox's Creative Direction & More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Jim Ross has blogged again over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

JR on Flair Wrestling: "The issue for me is that I don't want to see Naitch wrestle again, not just one year after retiring. I think Ric keeps himself more special and his retirement, which was an entertainment and emotional work of art, special and an ever lasting memory in the minds of fans worldwide. To see Ric manage someone, be a guest Ref, etc works for me personally. I would love to see Ric Flair have a role at WM25 in Houston because having the greatest wrestler who ever lived at the year's biggest event just makes sense."

JR Pitches a Knox Idea: "A WWE fan told me he was intrigued by Mike Knox and thought Knox had a nice upside to which I agreed. Then the fan, at the Tampa Airport BTW, asked me about Knox's background of which I did not have sufficient answers. Knox would be a prime candidate for a sit down interview or a series of short vignettes providing fans more info on the bearded bully who has reminded some old timers of Bruiser Brody."

JR on FCW: "I visited the Florida Championship Wrestling facility on Monday and spoke to the athletes along with watching some bouts. The WWE doesn't have empty cupboards when it comes to potentially, outstanding wrestlers being developed there. There is some outstanding talent there but my biggest fear is that some of them will be called up too soon and one only gets one opportunity to make that all important first impression to today's discerning wrestling fans. The facility is first class all the way and far exceeds my vision as to what I saw year's ago when the WWE first launched developmental training camps."

Source - WZ

I hope I'm not the only one that wants Flair gone for good.

CT Styles

You're not alone. Please, Flair, don't wrestle again. Please.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Well, I know everyone is just going to whine about Flair, so I'll speak about Knox :)

I don't think sit-downs with someone like Knox is a good idea. TNA proved these can only work when the person has some decent mic skills, Knox isn't there just yet.

HOWEVER... I do think some short vignettes would do the trick, as long as they're not as distorted as Kizarny's :dry:

The Rated R CMStar

Well, those sit down interview vignettes did wonders for Mankind and Goldust. I don't think it would work with Mike Knox. The only way the would is if they really depict Mike Knox as a sick fuck.

Poor Snitsky, he has to sit back and see how Mike Knox reaches sucess with his same persona :shifty:

C4

having the greatest wrestler who ever lived at the year's biggest event just makes sense."

Honestly, that's the worst statement JR has ever made on his blog.

I can't believe JR is praising Ric Flair! :disgust1:

Great One

Fuck face Flair, I miss the days of Triple H and Flair fucking with everyone on Raw =(. If he was to turn heel again, I would be all for him staying and doing whatever, that'd be awesome.

C4

Fuck face Flair, I miss the days of Triple H and Flair fucking with everyone on Raw =(. If he was to turn heel again, I would be all for him staying and doing whatever, that'd be awesome.

I miss those days too. :(

Ric Flair as Triple H's manager was pretty good in those days, I think he can still pull of such a character very nicely, but wrestling... NO WAY!

This Guy

Well, I know everyone is just going to whine about Flair, so I'll speak about Knox :)

I don't think sit-downs with someone like Knox is a good idea. TNA proved these can only work when the person has some decent mic skills, Knox isn't there just yet.

HOWEVER... I do think some short vignettes would do the trick, as long as they're not as distorted as Kizarny's :dry:

how can you say Knox doesn't have mic skills? he's never been given a chance other then his "I don't know why I keep going after Rey" Thats not enough to judge one way or there other.

xtremebadass

If Flair laces up the boots one more time, that will alone justify that WWE is full of complete shit when it comes to sentimental value, let alone common sense.

noumenon

First of all I'm shocked we're seeing Flair even make an appearance. I thought he had some sort of falling out with Vince. I loved the snide remark JR made about Flair appearing on Smackdown as well...that was priceless.
But of course, if Flair wrestles again it would be the ULTIMATE situation of WWE expecting their fans to omit and forget important events of the past.
NeXt UP! RiiiiiiX FLARZ vs. EDdIE GEEE RARE O!:huh: