Jon Jones Talks About Avoiding Surgery, Who's Next For Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
jonjonesufc128_large.jpg
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was interviewed by MMACanada.TV at a charity event in Edmonton, and had some interesting answers in regards to surgery, why he was in Las Vegas, and who he might fight next. Jones pulled out of a title fight with former training partner Rashad Evans at UFC 133 last month with a hand injury that he was planning on having surgery to fix, but that decision was reversed this week and he will now rehab it without going under the knife. He explained his reasoning:​

"You know, the way the doctor explained it to me, he'd actually be doing me a disservice by cutting me open, drilling some holes in my bones, and you know, file my bones down and he said, you know, considering the fact that you're an athlete, the surgery might not be the best thing for you. If you're a normal businessman or something it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but if you're active it could actually be slowing your hand down instead of helping it get better."
After explaining in more detail what the doctor has done as an alternative to surgery and why he didn't just do it anyway if he had the time, he mentioned his rival without even being asked about him, really:

"The people that are panicking at home...me and Rashad Evans, we're gonna fight, you know what I mean. We both have a lot of fights left on our contracts, so I mean...be patient guys, be patient."

Unlike seemingly every other fighter on the roster, Jon Jones wasn't in the UFC last week for the summit:

"I actually didn't attend the fighter summit, I was there strictly to see the doctor. But I had one last year, so I kinda knew what they were gonna go over."

And finally, on who he'll fight next:

"Yeah, he (Dana White)'s talking about me fighting the winner of Davis and Rashad, or you know if that takes too long, maybe fight Machida or Rampage."

He also discusses his twitter usage, how his life has changed since he won the belt, and a few other topics. You can check out the video after the jump.