Jon Fitch Talks Title Shots + Anderson Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ranked No. 2 in the world with a 23-3-1 record, only one the loss to St-Pierre coming during his six-year UFC tenure, most wonder why Fitch has yet to be granted a rematch.

“I really have no idea,†Fitch told MMAWeekly Radio’s Weekend crew recently. “No one’s every come to speak to me about doing anything wrong or right or whatever, so I’m completely clueless.

“I have no idea what’s expected of me to get the title shots. No one’s ever come to me and said they don’t like what I’m doing or I need to do more of something else. I’m utterly and completely clueless in that regard.â€

Title shot or not, Fitch isn’t going anywhere. He’s still doing what he loves to do and isn’t about to give that up, whether or not he’s being passed over for another shot at gold.

He won’t let it ding his confidence either.

“I’m living for the fights. That’s what I love,†he said. “I don’t think there’s anybody out there who I can’t beat. If I’m in shape and healthy and my timing is on, there’s nobody in the world I can’t beat.â€

Slated to face Johny Hendricks at UFC 141 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, not exactly the challenge he’d like to have staring him in the face, Fitch will continue on, pursuing his goals, proving that there isn’t anyone he can’t beat.

“My goals are: one, to win the welterweight belt; two, avenge my loss to GSP; and three, I would like to move up some day and challenge Anderson (Silva) if he’s still around and undefeated, just because that’s the kind of person I am.

MMAmania.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The decision in his last fight against Penn was terrible, I thought that he clearly won the fight but the judges gave it as a draw. It is odd that he hasn't been talked up as a title contender more because he has a great record and beats top names. The Penn draw probably hurt him but still I think that he should be close to a title shot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hes the most boring fighter in MMA, bar none.

Thats why he never headlines PPV's.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea pretty much what Cork said, I don't have a problem with the guy personally but he just grinds out victories on the ground, which no one wants to see. He's still prob Top 5, maybee, lower half of top 10 in the division though.

Still won't get a shot for awhile though cause there's at least 4 guys in front of him.

Dademo

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if no one wants to see it, the fact is he dominates his opponents and deserves the title shot more than anyone else in the world right now. When your opponents know exactly what you're gonna do, and they still can't prevent it from happening, you know you deserve a title shot. He's a humble dude inside the Octagon so it's not like he's begging for a title shot.

As much as the fans want to see the big named guys on PPV, and not Jon Fitch, the fact of the matter is the UFC shouldn't be about putting the biggest fights on PPV all the time. The fights that make the most sense should be put on most of the time. It's turning into that though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
People say that Fitch is boring but GSP has had five decision victories in his six fights since winning the title back from Serra and the other fight went for four full rounds. GSP is one that doesn't go for the finish and is more than happy to grind out a decision victory. In the end if people are winning then they deserve title shots so Fitch should get a title shot sooner or later.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fitch only drew to BJ Penn though, and his recent performances have hardly been outstanding.