Joke:What is Tyler Black???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
A future NXT wrestler.

- Multiple sources within WWE are saying that the company has signed reigning ROH World champ Tyler Black. Indications are that Black will be starting with the company in September. It is believed that he has signed a developmental deal, though that's not confirmed right now.

Black has been the champion since February this year. He has several title defences scheduled between now and September, including one against Roderick Strong on September 11 at the Glory by Honor i-PPV.

When contacted about the rumour, ROH owner Cary Silkin had no comment.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/148469/WWE-Signs-Tyler-Black.htm

He's good enough in the ring, but he's not all that good on the mic. For what its worth, he's only 24... And isn't he still ROH champ?

CMS

Reaction score
Well apparently it's official. He could either be the third to succed or follow Bryan Danielson and tie the balance.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Man fuck Tyler Black. I used to like this guy back in his feud with Jimmy Jacobs, but now, I'm just sick of him. Out of all the talent in ROH they get this piece of shit? Austin Aries and Chris Hero are just two guys off the bat that are more deserving of a WWE contract over Black. Hell, Jimmy Jacobs deserves a contract over Black. This guy has turned into garbage IMO and his title reign has been complete shit. Great fucking job WWE. Great fucking job.

Reaction score
^^^Chris Hero will never be in the WWE, unless he comes in as a jobber capacity for a one off or something. His look is too indy, his build is scrawny and he'd be so terribly exposed since he'd be stripped of his indy moves or tedious kip up routine. He's the epitome of indy over rated, he's above average on the mic and ok in the ring, but people act like he's the second coming of Punk. He's nowhere near half as good as Punk was on the indies, let alone he probably doesn't have the talent to transcend to the next level. He'd just be a skinny guy doing moves already being done by other WWE midcarders who have the look. Jimmy Jacobs...the E ain't looking for an injury prone midget that has been out of shape for the past two years, as much as I love him, he certainly isn't WWE material.

Black has the look and the skill set that the E loves and is probably the only guy who has the look they look for in all of RoH and Claudio too. I'd say King and Titus, but they are somewhat on the short side. Good for him and I know the WWE is on a small talent pick up, as they just recently signed a guy off the Texas indy scene named Li Fang that I had the chance to see a few times, the guy can go and it would be cool to see a guy you saw at the very bottom possibly get to the very top, even if the "very top" is being paired off with Yoshi Tatsu.

I'd like to see Claudio get another chance, but I don't know how the WWE would feel about re-hiring a guy who quit after 3 days. But it would be cool to have him form a stable with Sheamus, Drew and Barrett as a European faction, dubbed "Very European". That would rock.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Jacobs injury prone? The guy gets hurt a lot because he's been in a lot of ridiculous hardcore matches, but he still wrestles more than anybody on the Indy scene. He's WAY undersized, but his promo/character skills are what sets him apart and could make things work, I doubt WWE will sign him though. Agreed on Hero being overrated.

Tyler's a solid worker, but he's gonna look small in WWE and I just don't see him going far, with his skill set, he'll have to make a friend or two to have any hope. I hope he can retain his ROH theme. >_> As said in the ROH thread though, he's kind of won me over of late and i'm rooting for him.

The Indies are pretty thin right now, but there's a few guys I would like to see get a shot, Taylor and Omega, the aforementioned Jacobs, Claudio, and Hallowicked (I don't like CHIKARA, but this guy's the real deal if he could be put in a position with a real gimmick, he'd succeeded.) are probably my top 5. Maybe Generico too, but I doubt he'd get far in the big time.

Reaction score
The Indies are pretty thin right now, but there's a few guys I would like to see get a shot, Taylor and Omega, the aforementioned Jacobs, Claudio, and Hallowicked (I don't like CHIKARA, but this guy's the real deal if he could be put in a position with a real gimmick, he'd succeeded.) are probably my top 5. Maybe Generico too, but I doubt he'd get far in the big time.

If Black would look small, what does that make Chuck Taylor? I fucking HATE Chuck Taylor, he's Pac with a few more spots and a dash more of charisma, but he's nothing but ridiculous spots that he couldn't perform on a WWE sized guy. I saw him maybe a year and a half ago, live, and he was working a guy who was maybe a legit 225 and he was trying to do a pumphandle move and he wasn't able to carry his part of the execution. You could see the other guy kind of getting frustrated as he kept trying to lift himself, but Chuck was just too fucking weak. He'd be another Colin Delaney.

Briscoes would be hella sweet in WWE, especially paired against the Hart Dynasty. I saw TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd) and Jack fuckin Evans vs. Briscoes and it was bliss. Have Harry as the "Anvil" type enforcer guy and this match could be Rockers-Hart Foundation 2k10.

...god...

Reaction score
Tyler won't look small. He's at least 200. Really, your arms don't have to be the size of The Rock's or Triple H's nowadays. Even Triple H cut down severely. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Morrison, EDGE (fucker looks so tiny now, probably trains with Christian), Randy, etc. are the more prevalent builds. Chuck Taylor, on the other hand, looks like he's legit 140-150 lbs. No way would WWE sign this guy. Same for Chris Hero who's probably pushing 170.

Montana

Reaction score
ROH might be dead in the water real soon if guys keep leaving. Rumors of Black to the WWE, Strong to TNA, and Aries to the new florida promotion with several others.

As far as Black in the WWE, most likely be a epic fail. Black is geared more for indy sucess. Great wrestler, but no charisma to get over in the E.

I Disagree with Enzo about Hero not being ready. In the past 2-3 years he's matured, gotten in much better shape and cuts awesome promos. He's not a small guy either.

Montana

Reaction score
I find it odd the WWE is interested in Tyler Black, and not interested in Rhett Titus. Titus is built for the WWE, and he's worked at their tryouts. Not sure what the E is thinking.

Double J

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will be before WWE makes a deal with ROH for them to be the next OVW/FCW.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Haven`t seen RoH in forever, but what happened to the Dark City Fight Club? Those guys had WWE written all over them.