Johnny Nitro - New ECW Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Johnny Nitro is the new ECW after beating Punk for the Championship at Vengeance.

Personally I think it is a great move, it will give Nitro a huge push that he really needs and deserves. His title run will probably be a great one with good face competitors like Benoit and Punk. This will give Nitro the opportunity to to prove that he is a main eventer as long as he doesn't screw this up like Orton did.

I am kinda glad they didn't give the title to Punk yet because he doesn't need the Championship to be good on ECW. Just put him in a feud with Con Vor or Burke and he'll be great. If Punk did get the Championship then who would Nitro have to face. The only choice would be Benoit since he is the only other face. With Nitro as Champ he has two possible feuds in Benoit and Punk. Benoit could really inprove Nitro like he helped MVP. He could teach him how to be a better wrestler.

I am really looking foward to Nitro's title reign and I think it will improve his wrestling skills by a large margin. Comment?

Reaction score
King booker is better than him by all means king booker is gonna be WWE champion

Captive8

Reaction score
This is downright stupid. Benoit is out for personal reasons so we replace him with Nitro and then put the title on him? Where is DX with the "Who booked this crap?" sign when you need one? Elijah Burke or Marcus Cor Von should have replaced Benoit, since 1, they are heels, and two, they competed in number one contender matches. Elijah should have been the one out of the two who should have been the replacement and the belt should have been put on him, not Nitro. Nitro has been so far depushed on Raw since his feud with Jeff Hardy. He barely made it back on Raw, teaming with Kenny Dystra. And now he goes to ECW and is made world champion? This is so Blue. I think Vince and Stephanie are really trying to bury ECW.

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
This is downright stupid. Benoit is out for personal reasons so we replace him with Nitro and then put the title on him? Where is DX with the "Who booked this crap?" sign when you need one? Elijah Burke or Marcus Cor Von should have replaced Benoit, since 1, they are heels, and two, they competed in number one contender matches. Elijah should have been the one out of the two who should have been the replacement and the belt should have been put on him, not Nitro. Nitro has been so far depushed on Raw since his feud with Jeff Hardy. He barely made it back on Raw, teaming with Kenny Dystra. And now he goes to ECW and is made world champion? This is so Blue. I think Vince and Stephanie are really trying to bury ECW.

Just because Nitro was depushed on RAW does not mean he can't get pushed. Are you saying that Carlito should not be pushed since he has been depushed. Should Burchill not get pushed because he is in OVW.

I understand your point and I agree with some of it but you can't say Nitro does not deserve a push. He is one of the superstars that really deserves a push. Con Vor and Burke can get there's later, since they are new, but Nitro is the one who really needs it now. Also when you said Con Vor and Burke are heels you forgot that Nitro is a heel too.

I know alot of people will be disagreeing with me on this but I really believe that Nitro deserves this push he is going to get. He was the right choice to win the title.

tasso10

Reaction score
Great move. And i agree, Nitro could greatly benefit from Benoit. Maybe even hire Thorn as an enforcer?

Now to say somethin not many ppl will agree with. I dun ever want CM Punk to be the ECW champ. He is the future and yet ECW (lets face it) is the 'C' show. I want him in 6 months to be traded to either Raw or SD and work his way up. When that happens, it will be the sign of a true champion.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
He is one of the superstars that really deserves a push. Con Vor and Burke can get there's later, since they are new.

What u mean? Monty Brown has been in Professional Wrestling for quite awhile now, and deserves a "World Championship" more than any of these chumps.

Even Elijah Burke. Nitro is new himself, I mean he hasn't been wrestling "THAT" long.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Benoits gonna win it from Nitro on Tuesday.Benoits gonna come out and demand his shot that he earned and hes gonna make Nitro tap in like 4 minutes.I realy think they shoulda either put the belt on Dreamer,or made the Nitro/Punk match a no contest leading to a 3 way with Benoit on Tuesday.With Benoit winning

Nitro has been jobbing on Heat for 4 months now and dosent deserve a World Championship right now IMO...

It was still an interesting move and it shocked the hell out of me.

Reaction score
A famous guy once said, When you put a title on a wrestler to put that wrestler over, than it wont work. But if you put a title on a wrestler that already is over, it works. Nitro isnt over enough in my opinion to get a world championship, so in my opinion this is a bad idea. I think either Punk or Benoit should have gotten it first to try to actually make the Title look more important

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Benoits gonna win it from Nitro on Tuesday.Benoits gonna come out and demand his shot that he earned and hes gonna make Nitro tap in like 4 minutes.I realy think they shoulda either put the belt on Dreamer,or made the Nitro/Punk match a no contest leading to a 3 way with Benoit on Tuesday.With Benoit winning

So you basically think Benoit will do what he did to Orlando Jordan a few years back?

This is a real shock to me because I was expecting Benoit to win like many other fans. I don't really agree with this decision, not with CM Punk not winning but with Nitro being the replacement for Benoit and winning. The first names that come in my head for a heel champ on ECW is Cor Von or Burke. I'm just surprised that the writers would do this but with such a decisive decision it's up to one of the big dawgs (a McMahon) to make that decision, so everyone blame Steph or Shane because you can't blame Vince, he's dead.[/sarcasm]

Sting!

Reaction score
"Johnny Nitro is the new ECW after beating Punk for the Championship at Vengeance.

Personally I think it is a great move, it will give Nitro a huge push that he really needs and deserves. His title run will probably be a great one with good face competitors like Benoit and Punk. This will give Nitro the opportunity to to prove that he is a main eventer as long as he doesn't screw this up like Orton did".

Personally I was so glad to see benoit step up from the us title scene which has dragged on since summerslam 2005.
But hey thats how ecw works throw a favourite heel into the title scene and hand him the belt.
Yea itll be a great rivalry with benoit nitros brilliant in the ring and can work with talent.
I am shocked cm punk missed out? Somebody tell me whats ecw like to watch these days ,I cant get

Reaction score
This is a great idea imo....like it's been said....Benoit will make Nitro even better and we can have some great matches from this....one thing is for sure....it'll be interesting

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
This was bound to happen sooner or later. I just hoped for later...

Nitro, despite the fact he hasn't be on our TV sets too long (Although he was Bischoff's assistant in 2002, hence Nitro), Nitro is our generation's HBK. The only difference was he never had an enforcer like HBK has Diesel, and he was stuck with a manager that screamed like she just had an orgasm every time Nitro pulled off a Signature Move. As much as his new finisher showcases his talent, I'd much prefer to see him go back to a Superkick. I start running WWE propaganda if I saw a feud between him HBK. But back to the ECW World Title...

The ECW World Title has now be disgraced once again. Nitro had wrestled one match in ECW, but no matter how good it was (And it WAS good), he had received basically no push and WWE have obviously done this to shit on the ECW name once again. Here's how they please everyone...

They completely drop the ECW brand. As legendary as the name is, and as much star power it brings to the brand, they might find it's better if they just start a new brand like they did with RAW & SmackDown!. Then they drop the ECW wrestlers from this new brand (They keep Styles & Tazz, if they wish), and start with a new batch of OVW wrestlers combined with the guys they have now. Maybe bring some more big names from RAW...

Retire the ECW World Title. Just let it go. A company like WWE would have no trouble making a new World Title. THEN push someone like Nitro and slap it on them. Or Punk, Burke, Benoit etc.

But Nitro as ECW World Champ, meh...