John Mulaney

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Been a few months since I've gone to a comedy show. Nothing I see will top Bill Burr or especially Patrice though. Patrice is a fucking god

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Been a few months since I've gone to a comedy show. Nothing I see will top Bill Burr or especially Patrice though. Patrice is a fucking god
RIP Patrice :(
Last show I went to was I'm pretty sure Kevin Nealon back in November I wanna say.

Doug Benson will be here like the first week in June; still debating on whether or not to go.. Tickets are only $15 or $20 I believe.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
RIP Patrice :(
Last show I went to was I'm pretty sure Kevin Nealon back in November I wanna say.

Doug Benson will be here like the first week in June; still debating on whether or not to go.. Tickets are only $15 or $20 I believe.
Not a fan of Benson but I don't remember seeing his stand up either. Just remember him from when I watched VH1 as a kid and Super High Me.

Nealon is cool as fuck though

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not a fan of Benson but I don't remember seeing his stand up either. Just remember him from when I watched VH1 as a kid and Super High Me.

Nealon is cool as fuck though
Yeah have only seemed Super High Me and a few other miscellaneous things of his but never really much stand-up, pretty much my main reason being hesitant to go; I might just have to watch a set on youtube or something and make the call after that.

Yeah my sister and brother in law got to meet him (Nealon) after the show for a few minutes.. I unfortunately chose that time to take a shit.. bummmmmerrr I spose.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm not really into busy meet and greets after shows. I did it for Burr, did the typical stand in line to take a picture and shake his hand. He was nice and everything but it was just a giant mob of people all wanting to talk to him so it was nothing life changing.

My favorite thing to do is hang around at the bar after shows and talk to comics who I find funny but aren't really well known so they aren't being bothered. That is a blast to just shoot the shit, drink, hang out and smoke with comics.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My favorite thing to do is hang around at the bar after shows and talk to comics who I find funny but aren't really well known so they aren't being bothered. That is a blast to just shoot the shit, drink, hang out and smoke with comics.

Never had the opportunity for that; been 21 for 2 years now but have either A) had to leave due to some unforeseen circumstance or B) was too big of a crowd at the bar itself to even try.

Perhaps if I were to go to some lesser known comedian's shows that opportunity may actually present itself; I've really only ever seen "bigger" names (Louis/Kevin Hart/Aziz/Paul Scheer/Nick Kroll..) most of the times with no opening acts.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not talking about anyone even semi-famous. Just road comics who travel the country to work clubs.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yea, I'm not talking about anyone even semi-famous. Just road comics who travel the country to work clubs.
Right on, hmm. I believe at Doug Benson's show there will be an opening showcase of like 3 comedians who are more localized; perhaps I'll give it a shot there. Also it doesn't look like tickets are selling real well so maybe I'll be one of the few there.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The show isn't terrible, it took a couple episodes to get a feel but it should get another season from the way the viewers are going.. One thing I'd do with it is remove the fucking laugh tracks.. and perhaps add another reoccurring character that has a good actor playing it.