John Morrison: Getting Serious?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

At first I was a little skeptical about the inevitable CM Punk heel turn but then I realised it leaves a big opening, and the WWE planned to fill this massive gaping hole with John Morrison (>_>). You can tell that the WWE are getting serious with the Shaman of Sexy as shown by his clean, pinfall victory over the world champion this past Smackdown. Now they would really need faith in him for that to happen. I think that all JoMo needs is a high profile non-title feud (over Edge?) before challening Punk for the title and winning.

Just a few questions to ponder:

How do you think they are handling JoMo's push?

Is he being pushed too fast?

Do you think he is ready for the Main Event?

When do you think he'll get a shot at the title?

Reaction score
I saw the highlights with his match with Punk. I'd love to see WWE start getting serious with him, he seems to be doing ok with the crowds, and with some stronger fueds (I'd love to see Edge/Morrison!) I think he could be pushed upwards, towards the Main Event scene. He'd be ready in time, not necessarily FOR though, WM26.

His in-ring work is amazing, and he seems to gel really well with guys, like Jericho, Edge and Punk. Fueds with all of them, plus possibly a short face/face fued with Jeff would do him amazing wonders (obviously...).

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
i was skeptical at first at the sudden face turn; fearing that it would fail miserably...but to my surprise it has worked out pretty well. no all wwe has to do is continue to slowly build him up and they did a great job of that by letting him get the win over punk. he could know be mixed in with the title picture with that victory...giving smackdown a even bigger selection of top storyline to go with

MikeRaw

It seems to be going pretty well so far. Can't say I'm disappointed. I do always find it comical though when the tables ocmpletely turn. For example, a year ago this time, Punk was a massive face, and Morrison was a heel. Now, it's the other way around, and they'll likely feud with eachother, and the fans are supposed to get behind Morrison. I'm not complaining, that's how wrestling has always, and likely will always, be, but it is kinda funny when you think about it.

But back on topic. Yeah, I think he could handly a main event push right now. Especially on SD.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
At first I was a little skeptical about the inevitable CM Punk heel turn but then I realised it leaves a big opening, and the WWE planned to fill this massive gaping hole with John Morrison (>_>). You can tell that the WWE are getting serious with the Shaman of Sexy as shown by his clean, pinfall victory over the world champion this past Smackdown. Now they would really need faith in him for that to happen. I think that all JoMo needs is a high profile non-title feud (over Edge?) before challening Punk for the title and winning.

Just a few questions to ponder:

I like his push i dont think its to fast hes been here a decent amount of time now.He was awesome as the ecw champ so i could see a world title run for him. I dont see him getting a title shot to soon really but he will be a top face for a little while before getting it.

-TJ-

How do you think they are handling JoMo's push? I think that giving him a good feud with the World's Most Forgotten Tag Team, showed his athletic abilities. The match with Edge showed that he can be a top player. I think that he might be a little overpushed, but I'm not disagreeing against it.

Is he being pushed too fast? Read above.

Do you think he is ready for the Main Event? He's been ready for the main event since early 2008.

When do you think he'll get a shot at the title? Probably on the Road to Wrestlemania. He'll get the strap next year.

A feud with Punk will be awesome. That's really all i have to say, but I like Morrison's in ring ability, and I think he can be big and he should be.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
How do you think they are handling JoMo's push? I think that giving him a good feud with the World's Most Forgotten Tag Team, showed his athletic abilities. The match with Edge showed that he can be a top player. I think that he might be a little overpushed, but I'm not disagreeing against it.

Is he being pushed too fast? Read above.

Do you think he is ready for the Main Event? He's been ready for the main event since early 2008.

When do you think he'll get a shot at the title? Probably on the Road to Wrestlemania. He'll get the strap next year.

A feud with Punk will be awesome. That's really all i have to say, but I like Morrison's in ring ability, and I think he can be big and he should be.

Yea i agree a fued with punk would be awesome i loved when they fueded in ecw.

JACOBS OWNS

Reaction score
I think its about time John Morrison is being oushed he is a great wrestler he's put on great matches with Y2J and Edge recently

xtremebadass

I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a shot at Summerslam. Call me crazy for believing that backstage segment with Morrison and Teddy Long. They said Morrison gets the shot at Night of Champions. That's Summerslam right? If Hardy wins I would imagine it would be a triple threat, but if Punk walks out with the belt I would imagine it would be Morrison vs. Punk one on one for the belt. That could be pretty sweet. Summerslam was Orton's breakout PPV winning the belt. This could be WWE experimenting with Morrison as champ. It would be a short title reign, but I think it would go over quite well. Who else is there to push against Punk in the main event title scene? Undertaker? Like anyone would believe that crap!

noumenon

How are they handling the push?
I mean, it is what it is. I'm not digging the comedy aspect of his character too much right now but it isn't too bad. I'm sure once we see him pushed into some bigger feuds and storylines we'll see him develop a bit more.

Is it too fast?
Definately not. This guy has been ready to be pushed towards the main event since debuting in ECW. Since then he's just been treading water not really moving up much on the card. If anything this push is long overdue.

Is he ready for the main event?
Hell yeah

When will he get a title shot?
I'm sure it'll come sooner than later, but I honestly think we'll be seeing a Morrison/Jericho feud be the case where he wins the title, not Morrison Punk. As much as I think Morrison/Punk would be the really smart thing to do we all know WWE needs to get that once established guy in there to put someone over. However, Morrison/Punk would be truly the first feud between two new young guys over a major title that we've seen in a long time.

DENNIN

Reaction score
I think it is going terribly at the moment. He isn't really getting over as a face in my eyes. There's a lot of changes they need to do to his gimmick. New attire, maybe music, and get rid of the slow motion. A face is supposed to be able to relate to the fans. Morrison still has this better then you look that I think is hindering his turn.

Not at all

Another two years

By Wrestlemania 27

chessarmy

First of all, I like how you do a "questions to ponder" thing at the end of your threads, nice job :)

The push is fine, Morrison has the look, the charisma, and the in ring ability to make it huge in WWE. All they need to do right now is push him to the top. Obviously this can't be done overnight, WWE are pacing themselves perfectly however and I'm excited to see what the future holds for Morrison.

Airfixx

ZOMG!!!! ....No match this week?

...Push is over already? : P

I thought Teddy was gonna give us what 'we' want on SD this week, but somehow brushed Morrison's request aside.... DAMN!