John Cena vs. The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins at WM?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Can the WWE give us a win by The Rock at WrestleMania? As we draw nearer to Mania, I'm becoming less and less excited about this match outside of the fact that we actually have a Rock match at Mania. I see no possible way for WWE to give us a Rock win, which steals my hopes for the match altogether.

So how could WWE give us this hope? Could they have Rock win? Should they have Rock win?

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Hey Rock teased he will be wrestling at WM29 as well, maybe Rock wins this year and the rematch is the following year at Mania.

Reaction score
Can the WWE give us a win by The Rock at WrestleMania? As we draw nearer to Mania, I'm becoming less and less excited about this match outside of the fact that we actually have a Rock match at Mania. I see no possible way for WWE to give us a Rock win, which steals my hopes for the match altogether.

So how could WWE give us this hope? Could they have Rock win? Should they have Rock win?

Why do you think the Rock is not going to win? He's winning. He's lock of the night. I bet my entire fortune of vCash on it right now. The E has no problem putting any of their talent under non-wrestlers, ex wrestlers and celebrities. The Rock is all of the aforementioned.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Because it's John Cena and they've got no problem going to Blue lengths to make him look like the ultimate superstar of all time.

And because they buried Hogan for The Rock........

...I just don't see any way The Rock wins this match.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Why do you think the Rock is not going to win? He's winning. He's lock of the night. I bet my entire fortune of vCash on it right now. The E has no problem putting any of their talent under non-wrestlers, ex wrestlers and celebrities. The Rock is all of the aforementioned.

I don't see Rock winning unless Kane "injures" Cena tomorrow and he's not 100% going into Mania. They're not going to have the top guy in the company losing to someone who's been out of action for over eight years. It's basically a "passing of the torch" scenario since Cena hasn't really gone over someone HUGE yet like Rock, Austin, Taker, Hogan, Flair, etc. You could make the argument for his matches against HHH and HBK at WM 22 and 23, but I don't really see that. Who knows, not saying Cena's a lock, but I would be very surprised if Rock won.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
They didn't really bury Hogan. Hogan still had the spotlight when the night was over. Most casual fans can't tell you who won that match.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Rock got smashed by an 18 wheeler in an ambulance... in the 2-month run-up... and was well enough to beat Hogan... that's burying... the only reason it ISN'T burying is because it's Hogan... but it's burying nonetheless.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
again its not burying. Ultimately it doesn't matter who wins the match. Wins and losses don't really mean shit in wrestling anyways. Its all about who the fans go home talking about...and having witnessed that match live I can tell you, no one was talking about The Rock.

Reaction score
Because it's John Cena and they've got no problem going to Blue lengths to make him look like the ultimate superstar of all time.

And because they buried Hogan for The Rock........

...I just don't see any way The Rock wins this match.

Whoa. You think they buried Hogan?? As in Hogan who got the WWE title the next month Hogan??? As in Hogan they turned face right on the spot? As in Hogan that it took three Rock Bottoms to put away? You're so far off base with that statement, I feel like I'm rebutting Nation. And why would they put Hogan over Rock??? Rock, who at that point, was up there with Austin and Hogan as a top draw of all time, who was in his prime, who had been a company guy his entire career was supposed to put over Hogan???

That being said, it only makes sense for the E to have Cena go over Rock. But as opposed to Rowdy Piper extinguishing Morton Downey Jr., body slamming Mr. T, Kane tombstoning Pete Rose and so forth, we have Show jobbing to Mayweather (don't care if he's a pro, no way in hell someone 1/4th the size beats someone that much larger) Jericho getting his ass kicked by Mickey Rourke, Hugh Jackman knocking out Ziggler. The E doesn't care about protecting their talent, if they can get media coverage, they will do it at their talent's expense. But with the Rock, he is not only a celebrity, he is one of the greatest stars ever, they are in his hometown and I just don't see Cena winning this, It will be the catalyst for his heel turn.

But seriously...Hogan buried... :/

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Alright, buried is the wrong word... but Hogan did damn near literally obliterate Dwayne Johnson (kayfabe) 2 1/2 months prior.

Rock still hadn't beat Austin at WrestleMania at that point.

Buried? No. I was vastly exaggerating there. However, my point remains. Rock beat Hogan... the most recognizable name/face in wrestling history, perhaps the most recognizable face worldwide. Hogan who had done more for the wrestling/entertainment industry than any other. Hogan, who is a far greater celebrity than the Rock will ever be.

Cena is their top draw, their top sale in merchandise... him beating The Rock cements his legacy and rah rah rah... Rock winning does nothing for Cena, nothing for Rock, and nothing for the WWE, UNLESS Rock is planning on returning to the ring for more than just a couple spectacles.

...god...

Reaction score
Hogan, who also left Vince to go to his rival promotion.

And Hogan's not NEARLY a big of a celebrity as The Rock... how many fuckin big movies as Hogan been in? Not to mention how many more people started watching TNA when Hogan went there?

Also, Andre the Giant won matches all the time and was never an active WWF wrestler, he'd show up a few times a year and own someone in a feud. It kept him powerful and a spectacle for someone who eventually be HOGAN (go figure, in your argument) to topple him. Rock already said he'll be at WM 29, so why have him lose now? Why not have a lesser star beat him at WM 29, who actually NEEDS the win (Cena doesn't, trust me, because of the fans' feelings to him right now).

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Luke you also seem to be confusing the fact that the Match between Hogan & Rock was a match between two contracted full time wrestlers. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who won that match. This match with Cena & Rock may be being built with simalar hype, but Rock is not a full time wrestler anymore. He's coming back for the big pay day, nothing more, nothing less. Kinda like how Hogan came back for those one shot big pay days with Shawn Michaels & Randy Orton.

You can look at this two different ways. The idea behind Rock beating Hogan was a passing of the torch as Hogan would call it. But Hogan didn't pass crap to Rock because again, Hogan left the building the star, and no one left talking about The Rock. So in that view yes, Cena should go over The Rock.

The other way to look at it is as others have said, the WWE has made no quams about having their existing talent lose to people who are only their for one time shots (ie Flyod Mayweather). And although some have said this is different because its the Rock and not a normal celebrity, remember Hogan still came back and beat Orton & HBK despite he wasn't staying just as The Rock isn't staying.

Ultimately as I said before, wins and losses in wrestling don't really mean anything. And again guys like Cena & The Rock don't need to win this match. If Rock wins, what will change? Nothing. Cena will still be their. If Rock wins, what will change? again Nothing. Either way there will be talks of a rematch that may or may not happen.

Also I'm still expecting them to announce The Rock as a HOF inductee for this year. So again, winning or losing the match will mean nothing to either one of them in the long run.

Reaction score
Luke said:
Rock beat Hogan... the most recognizable name/face in wrestling history, perhaps the most recognizable face worldwide. Hogan who had done more for the wrestling/entertainment industry than any other. Hogan, who is a far greater celebrity than the Rock will ever be.

Bruh, you are no longer reaching, you are flat out wrong here. Rock reached the level that Hogan dreamed of. Hogan NEVER wanted to come back to wrestling, but the fact of the matter is that he was a flat out failure in everything he did outside of wrestling. His movies failed, his tv shows failed, his restaurant failed, towards the end of his WWF tenure he was failing. He was failing in WCW until Vince created stars and a radical turn added some mileage to his career, then he failed again. Meanwhile Rock is a bankable star and doesn't need to return to wrestling, but is doing it because, unlike Hogan, he loves it and wants to return. There's no debate who's the bigger celebrity. Hogan is an overall failure while Rock is still making movies at an absurd rate that are profitable.

Reaction score
And also, I'd like to add that the ONLY reason Rock worked Hogan is because the biggest draw of all time (again, this isn't debatable, Austin's numbers overshadowed Hogan's in 1/4th the time) flat out refused to work Hogan. Same reason Taker, after refusing the WWE title for years, was quick to take it off Hogan when asked, because Hogan was a dick. Rock did him a huge favor.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm with Enzo on this one, no way Rock loses this match.

The rematch that I'm expecting at Backlash or SummerSlam? Cena will take that one all day but this WM, like it or not, is about the Rock and they are definitely going to send the people home happy.