Johathan Coachman headed to ESPN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

PWInsider.com can confirm Coachman has been hired by ESPN as an anchor. There's no word on when Coachman will debut for the cable sports network, but internally, WWE sources believe Coachman will be finishing up shortly, if he isn't done already with the company.

Coachman had been with WWE since December 1999, working as an announcer and on-air heel persona. Prior to his work with WWF/E, Coachman was a sports writer and sports anchor in his native Kansas.

They'll probably team up Coach with Stuart Scott >_>

Edit:The botch in Coach's name (in the topic title) was intentional.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Hey good for Coach. I think he'd be a good commentator like this. I just felt that he was a horrible color commentator on SD! because that's not what he's good at. I think he'd do a great job on SC or wherever they put him. Good for him, can't wait to see what they do with him.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Aw, I was hoping Coach would go back to RAW to GM again once Regal loses the spot in some storyline. Oh well, hopefully he does well here.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Thats awesome! Coach is great, and him with ESPN should be great. Him and Stuart Scott would be cool.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
^^OH YEAH! I forgot about my man Stephen A. Smith, dude is great. And yeah, PTI would be good for him probably. But either way, Coachman on ESP will be good...

I get a feeling he'll have his own little thing on Sportscenter. Like some guys have their little segment, he'll have his. Posibly like "Coach's Timeout" or "The Coach's Corner". Should be good...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm disappointed. I was hoping he would go back to Raw in and be GM, as Vince would suspend Regal for 'abusing' his powers. Not to be unfortunately. Oh well, this should be good for Coach, hope he succeeds.

exC.On

Reaction score
not going to be as much as the same as when he was on raw, cause i still can remember all the stunts and great things he has done, but on the other hand if hes going to espn thatd be really cool.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^^OH YEAH! I forgot about my man Stephen A. Smith, dude is great. And yeah, PTI would be good for him probably. But either way, Coachman on ESP will be good...

I get a feeling he'll have his own little thing on Sportscenter. Like some guys have their little segment, he'll have his. Posibly like "Coach's Timeout" or "The Coach's Corner". Should be good...

I highly doubt that he'll get his own segment on his first day on the network. My guess is he'll do SC Right Now updates and possibly be that person that updates people on what's going on when First Take is on during the day. Of course that's assuming he's on any of those shows. I could definitely see him being on ESPNEWS or ESPNU. ESPN doesn't just hire people and throw them right in on their best shows. Coach, like all their anchors, will have to start at the bottom and work his way up. I think he'll do very well for himself there and eventually will work his way up, but there's no way in hell they're going to just give him his own segment on a show much less put him on one of their highest rated shows: PTI. He's an anchor, not an analyst, and anchors don't do PTI, analysts like Stephen A. come in if they need someone to fill-in. So like I said Coach won't be much in his first days, but I think he can work his way up and be good.

chessarmy

I remember seeing Coach on a recap show on MSG, he talked about the Devils! He sucked as a color guy on Smackdown! because he is more of a play by play man imo, but he'll do well with ESPN, I just wish he could have stayed with MSG so he can talk about Hockey :(

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Good for Coach. He should be good doing Sports late night, ofcourse I won't be hearing it because I'm in Canada but please update me on how he does. Him on PTI? Hmm, can Coach argue? Besides knowing the facts, he's gotta argue to make it on PTI and aslong as I dont see JA Adande anymore, he's welcome.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Congrats to Coach, hopefully he does great in his new position whatever that may be.

Weebo

Reaction score
Hey who knows, maybe ESPN will stick Coach doing some NSCAR stuff cause ESPN has the rights to all the NSCAR Nationwide races and the second half of the Sprint Cup Series on EPSN and ABC.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
^Coach's specialty is College Football. He's done many College Football games, so I think he'd cover that. Or Football in general.