Joe Rogan's Thoughts on CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have to say that Joe Rogan says this absolutely perfectly. I hope Punk listens to him, but knowing him, I doubt he will.

"I admire CM Punk for taking the chance, I really do," Rogan said. "But, it was delusional. That's my feeling, it was my feeling watching him hit the bag, when I was watching him punch things. It's not like he can't ever learn.but there's a journey as a martial artist. There's a path that each martial artist is on and different people are on different paths. There's a reason why brown belts don't compete with white belts in jiu-jitsu tournaments. It's not fair, and what we saw tonight was not fair. Mickey Gall's way better, he's really good.

"This is what happens when you take a guy who's an elite young kid [Gall] and you have him fight a celebrity who wants to challenge himself, it's not the way to do it... If I had to give CM Punk advice, I'd say, fight as an amateur, fight people at your level. I mean, he wants to do this, he wants to continue, God bless him, he's a fun guy, I like him. But this is not the way to do it."

Joe Rogan's Advice For CM Punk, UFC 203 Live Press Conference At 1:15 AM ET (Video) - WrestlingInc.com

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I have to say that Joe Rogan says this absolutely perfectly. I hope Punk listens to him, but knowing him, I doubt he will.

"I admire CM Punk for taking the chance, I really do," Rogan said. "But, it was delusional. That's my feeling, it was my feeling watching him hit the bag, when I was watching him punch things. It's not like he can't ever learn.but there's a journey as a martial artist. There's a path that each martial artist is on and different people are on different paths. There's a reason why brown belts don't compete with white belts in jiu-jitsu tournaments. It's not fair, and what we saw tonight was not fair. Mickey Gall's way better, he's really good.

"This is what happens when you take a guy who's an elite young kid [Gall] and you have him fight a celebrity who wants to challenge himself, it's not the way to do it... If I had to give CM Punk advice, I'd say, fight as an amateur, fight people at your level. I mean, he wants to do this, he wants to continue, God bless him, he's a fun guy, I like him. But this is not the way to do it."

Joe Rogan's Advice For CM Punk, UFC 203 Live Press Conference At 1:15 AM ET (Video) - WrestlingInc.com

I agree put him on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Punk is not going on the fucking Ultimate Fighter. He's too prideful for that

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Punk is not going on the fucking Ultimate Fighter. He's too prideful for that

Too prideful! he just got his ass kicked he needs to do this if he wants to be taken seriously...He should not just jump back in a Pro televised fight! Doesn't seem like dana will allow it anyway

Stopspot

Reaction score
Too prideful! he just got his ass kicked he needs to do this if he wants to be taken seriously...He should not just jump back in a Pro televised fight! Doesn't seem like dana will allow it anyway
Punk is too prideful to do the fucking MMA version of American Idol.

Do you listen to this guy? This was the guy who wanted a title fight out of the gate. He's not going to do a fucking TV show. Not to mention that he is already under a UFC contract so he couldn't take part either way.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

Do you listen to this guy? This was the guy who wanted a title fight out of the gate. He's not going to do a fucking TV show. Not to mention that he is already under a UFC contract so he couldn't take part either way.
Well dana said that he may not be fighting in UFC again at this point that's the only redemption I see for him to be back under those main event lights Gotta tuck your tail between your legs sometimes brother!

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

Stopspot

Reaction score
Well dana said that he may not be fighting in UFC again at this point that's the only redemption I see for him to be back under those main event lights Gotta tuck your tail between your legs sometimes brother!
So if Dana said he's not fighting in the UFC again he's not showing up in the ultimate fighter either. Since it is a UFC product.

If Punk wants to continue this. He needs to go to the smaller leagues. Amateur MMA, smaller feds like Cage Warriors. Because he is not a MMA fighter. He's a rich guy who wants to play MMA fighter.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
So if Dana said he's not fighting in the UFC again he's not showing up in the ultimate fighter either. Since it is a UFC product.

If Punk wants to continue this. He needs to go to the smaller leagues. Amateur MMA, smaller feds like Cage Warriors. Because he is not a MMA fighter. He's a rich guy who wants to play MMA fighter.
You stated that he was under contract with UFC Tho so I assumed that since he shouldn't be put right back in the octagon put him in the house he gets training UFC still makes more money off of him being in the house [HASHTAG]#Win[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Win[/HASHTAG] for both parties

And true obviously he isn't a MMA fighter he needs way more training but is it too late he is 37 years old? Idk kinda wish he would have just stayed in the WWE but hey a man has to chase his dream right.....It's ok Punk take your millions from the loss and go home fuck your wife!

Stopspot

Reaction score
You stated that he was under contract with UFC Tho so I assumed that since he shouldn't be put right back in the octagon put him in the house he gets training UFC still makes more money off of him being in the house [HASHTAG]#Win[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Win[/HASHTAG] for both parties

And true obviously he isn't a MMA fighter he needs way more training but is it too late he is 37 years old? Idk kinda wish he would have just stayed in the WWE but hey a man has to chase his dream right.....It's ok Punk take your millions from the loss and go home fuck your wife!
Dana said "his next fight should not be in the UFC". That hints that Dana is going to cut him. Which indicates the UFC does not want him anymore.

This was probably Dana's plan from the start. Sign Punk, give him a match and milk whatever small amount of extra buys (because Punk is probably not a big draw for MMA). Watch him get destroyed. Drop him for underperforming.

Dana's smart like that. He milked Punk's need to prove himself as a legit fighter and got what he wanted from him. Now out he goes.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Dana said "his next fight should not be in the UFC". That hints that Dana is going to cut him. Which indicates the UFC does not want him anymore.

This was probably Dana's plan from the start. Sign Punk, give him a match and milk whatever small amount of extra buys (because Punk is probably not a big draw for MMA). Watch him get destroyed. Drop him for underperforming.

Dana's smart like that. He milked Punk's need to prove himself as a legit fighter and got what he wanted from him. Now out he goes.
That's so fucked up! [HASHTAG]#Business[/HASHTAG] I guess

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Not sure why UFC didn't have him go to their numerous subsidiaries first. If he had cut his teeth on the smaller circuit, then he would've gained respect in the mainstream MMA world, and would've been a better fighter. But I guess that would've killed some of his novelty.

Kind of feel bad for him, but I'm sure he knew what he was getting into.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not sure why UFC didn't have him go to their numerous subsidiaries first. If he had cut his teeth on the smaller circuit, then he would've gained respect in the mainstream MMA world, and would've been a better fighter. But I guess that would've killed some of his novelty.

Kind of feel bad for him, but I'm sure he knew what he was getting into.
Age is probably the main factor. He's 37 and has over a decade of wrestling behind him. He's not built for a long term MMA career