Joe Hendry Training At WWE Performance Center Full-Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Joe Hendry: WWE And TNA Have Worked Out Agreement That Lets Me Train At WWE Performance Center Full-Time​

Joe Hendry is putting in the work.

TNA star Joe Hendry has been at the center of the crossover between NXT and TNA. He has made multiple appearances on NXT programming. Most recently, he appeared on the July 30th episode of NXT, where he had a live concert.

Speaking with Matt Camp on The Wrestling Matt, Joe Hendry discussed being involved in the crossover between NXT and TNA.

"I’m in a situation where we’re having historic collaboration between TNA Wrestling and WWE. We’re in a situation where TNA Wresting have worked it out with WWE where I can appear on TNA Wrestling as a contracted talent, I can appear on NXT, and I can train at the Performance Center full-time and do indies and do signings. This is unprecedented. It’s never been done before in the business. So thank you to TNA and WWE for figuring it out," Hendry said.

Hendry went on to describe how he is determined to improve, and he wants to build on the skills he has. He noted that this was the reason why he was training at the Performance Center. Hendry also stated that he thought he was collaborating well with TNA management.

“I have no ego when it comes to getting better. That’s why I’m training at the Performance Center. I’m never just gonna rest the skills that I’ve got. I’m always trying to build to something more. I’m very grateful to TNA Wrestling for giving me the opportunity to do that. I think I’m collaborating really well with management, and I think we’re putting ourselves in a position to do historic business for TNA," Hendry said.

During the interview, Hendry also discussed working with Shawn Michaels, and he recalled how Michaels approached him with the opportunity to train at the WWE Performance Center. He highlighted how getting to learn from Michaels was an amazing opportunity.

"For me personally, from a training perspective, Shawn’s giving me a huge opportunity, and Shawn said, ‘Hey, this door is open. If you want to train at the Performance Center, we’re gonna open that door.’ I was like, ‘Let’s do it.’ I said, ‘Give me a week to sort out my real-life stuff back home in Scotland, and let’s go.’ We figured it out. So right now, I’m training at the Performance Center and I’m here in Orlando, and I’m getting this amazing opportunity to learn from the greatest in-ring performer of all time," Hendry said.

Hendry also said that he was working with Terry Taylor, and he was participating in the promo classes.

Previously, Hendry noted that he had been training at the Performance Center and with Ace Steel. He has also been seen training at the Dungeon 2.0., which is run by Natalya and Tyson Kidd.

Hendry is set to face Joe Coffey at NXT Great American Bash Week Two on August 6th. Check out the card here.​
Will be interesting to see if / how many other follow suit and end up training at the PC.​

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
As many as wwe want to poach I'd wager

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Happy for Hendry but bittersweet at the same time having one foot in WWE and TNA at the same time. No matter what the guy is going to have a major title around his Waist sooner rather than later.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Did we need two posts about this?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
More variety for those college kids is probably a plus if they can get some cause my biggest complaint about the PC rn is it's just a beautiful human factory with not that many standing out, they either need to branch out in character or ring work. I look at this more as Hendry coaching them than training himself even though I'm sure he's getting something out of it obviously if for nothing else a nice weight room lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler