Jim Ross Addresses Bullying On WWE TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Jim Ross, who many perceive has been subject to on-air ridicule by WWE brass, addressed fan concern regarding bullying on company programming in a Twitter post Thursday. He wrote, "Find it amazing that some fans cannot separate a fictitious, pro wrestling villain w/ real, every day life bullying. @WWE=entertainment, FYI."

Vickie Guerrero, whose physical appearance has been subject to ridicule on WWE programming on numerous occasions, re-tweeted the message in agreement. Though Guerrero publicly takes the on-air derision in stride, broadcaster Jerry Lawler was issued a directive by management to cease all negative remarks concerning her appearance last year after the sports-entertainment organization's anti-bullying campaign came under fire from an affiliate.

Source

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well Jerry Lawler and Vince McMahon weren't playing the heel role, so it looks pretty bad to be making fun of people because of their appearances and disorders. If it was anybody heel this would be stupid, but it's by faces so it's understandable.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
imagine a world without hate :hmm:

TK Grave

Jobber
Reaction score
I have to agree with JR, its amazing that everyone says they realize that the WWE is fake but yet they will build complaints and agruments like its for real.

Also, I agree with making The King tone down on the negative appearance remarks on Vickie, now I personally dont like her character, but when a Face starts ragging on someone, whether they be Face or Heel, it comes off a little cheap and junvenile. We as fans expect this type of behavior from Heels, in fact I would go so far to say that its required, but not Faces.

Now had this been The King about 10 years ago, then it wouldn't have been an issue, because he was one of the biggest Heels on Raw.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I agree and disagree. Obviously those going against heels and calling them bullies is stupid, but Vince taking the piss out of JR's disease backstage with Honswoggle was bullying. That's not kayfabe, that has no purpose being on the show other than mocking JR.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, at least things will make a bit more sense now, Lawler not calling Vickie fat. That seemed to be another thing that went against the campaign.