Jim Cornette: "Nobody's Qualified to Replace Vince McMahon"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
During a recent interview conducted for Power Slam Magazine, former WWE, TNA and current Ring of Honor personality Jim Cornette had the following to say about a post-Vince McMahon WWE:

"Nobody's qualified to replace McMahon. Vince is one of a kind, a guy who will never come along again.

Triple H is a student of the business, but he's still got his own little quirks. He's Vince's son-in-law, and he's being groomed for the spot because he thinks in large part like Vince McMahon in terms of what a star is supposed to look like: a jacked-up bodybuilder. So, some things are not going to change. He's probably going to bring a more youthful approach to it, although [Triple H is] in his early 40s. So, he's not exactly youthful—but Vince is 66.

So, no: nobody's qualified to replace Vince. [Triple H] might do an okay job. But, personally, I think when General Patton [Vince] passes on, I think they're in trouble. [WWE is] always going to exist because they have a lot of money in the bank and they've grown into such a global company, but I don't think there's going to be any giant ground broken or revolutionary things done after Vince is gone."

I sort of agree with him and he has some very strong points, also does anyone think there might be something involved with the "money in the bank" words from the interview?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
WWE will never be the same without Vince but for all we know HHH might make changes for the better when he finally gets in charge. A lot of the things Vince does are stupid and I'm sure HHH would rectify these problems having wrestled in the business as well.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Who would do a better job? Shane McMahon or HHH?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He has a point then again I bet there were people saying the same stuff about Vince's dad and how nobody could run this company when Vince Sr passed away but Vince took it to new heights. So while in the short term it would shake WWE badly I wouldn't say Triple H wasn't capable of doing the job as good as Vince. Just no way to tell. Vince isn't gonna be around forever so one day this theory is gonna have to be tested but hopefully isn't for a while unless Vince just totally steps down rather than pass away.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Though Vince hasn't done anything Ground Breaking in quite some time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He already just did with the WWE network. Would say that's one of the most ground breaking things he's ever done and that's saying something.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I hope when Trips does take over that he surrounds himself with a bunch of younger guys who know what's currently hot and not seem out of touch like alot of the guys they seem to have.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vince will still be around for a lot longer so I don't think they need to worry about what happens when he is gone. I think that WWE should be alright once he goes though simply because he has made WWE into such a big company that even under some poor management it will continue to survive and be a huge product worldwide. I don't think that there will be that much of a change once Steph and HHH take over, they know how Vince runs the company and they have been in the business for so long they will be alright running the company.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I know it will never happen, but I think when Vince finally leaves they should look outside the family, just because the likes of Stephanie and HHH will think too much like like Vince, and it is time for WWE to move, also I don't think they quite have the mind or passion that Vince does.

Deuce

Reaction score
I think they could find someone once Vince passes but someone that won't do that good as Vince. Vince has done so much for the WWE so I can't see someone out-doing him if he's no longer around, Shane McMahon seems like he could run it okayly.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cornette is a very bitter man whos stuck in the 1980's.

Maybe he should concentrate on keeping his little fish company ROH afloat rather than make stupid jibes at TNA & WWE.

No idea why this man is revered or considered intelligent, some of the things said in that full interview are astoundingly dumb. ("ROH keep their stars now, we have a company people want to work for") I'm sure Tyler Black, Austin Aries, Castagnoli & Hero, etc would agree with that...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am not getting into a Cornette debate with you, I think he is a great personaity who has one of the best minds in the business and his records speaks for itself over a thirty year period. But even if I felt different I don't understand why you have gone out of your way to bash him when it has nothing to do with this subject. All he said was that WWE will never be able to replace Vince Mcmahon, what does that opion have to do with being stuck in the past.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry Cork but how was Cornette ripping on WWE at all in this article? He was actually praising WWE's current owner saying he's irreplaceable which is true. However though Vince can never be replaced someone may have ideas which make the company much better when Vince leaves.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm sorry Cork but how was Cornette ripping on WWE at all in this article? He was actually praising WWE's current owner saying he's irreplaceable which is true. However though Vince can never be replaced someone may have ideas which make the company much better when Vince leaves.

I am not getting into a Cornette debate with you, I think he is a great personaity who has one of the best minds in the business and his records speaks for itself over a thirty year period. But even if I felt different I don't understand why you have gone out of your way to bash him when it has nothing to do with this subject. All he said was that WWE will never be able to replace Vince Mcmahon, what does that opion have to do with being stuck in the past.

In the full interview, in Powerslam.