Jim Cornette gives his thoughts on Christian returning on ECW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

[YT]rklwxoo-TYc[/YT]

From a few weeks ago, but still a very good listen with some pretty funny/witty comments. The more I see him getting pinned and the more I hear reports, the more I agree with what Cornette is saying 100%. I guess I was just glad he came back, but yeah, him being on ECW is just stupid. And like he said, he IS better than 95% of the talent in wrestling today.

Thoughts?

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Very very true Mr. Cornette.. but Vince won't do what fans want and what is good for the business just cause he dislikes the guy.. and when Vince dislikes someone.. well we all know the ending of that movie. Sorry Christian you had a great push in TNA and became a major star.. but after a couple of months.. after Wrestlemania you will be jobbing to Ricky Ortiz & Tyson Kid in ECW..

Travis40

Very very true Mr. Cornette.. but Vince won't do what fans want and what is good for the business just cause he dislikes the guy.. and when Vince dislikes someone.. well we all know the ending of that movie. Sorry Christian you had a great push in TNA and became a major star.. but after a couple of months.. after Wrestlemania you will be jobbing to Ricky Ortiz & Tyson Kid in ECW..

I'm tired of people saying that Vince hates Christian, when Christian is in a better role now, than he was when he left WWE in 2005.

PeepShow

I'm tired of people saying that Vince hates Christian, when Christian is in a better role now, than he was when he left WWE in 2005.

I'd actually disagree here. He's jobbed on ECW for crying out loud for the past couple weeks even taking the pin from Benjamin (wtf). When he left for TNA he was Main eventing a few months before and then got drafted to SD and had matches in he main event of SD against Batista and was wrestling for the US title with the likes on Benoit and Booker. I'd sure as hell take that over being in the current position he's in now.

Soulpower

I'm tired of people saying that Vince hates Christian, when Christian is in a better role now.

He went from jobbing on the B show to jobbing on the C show.. How is that a better role?

Reaction score
I'm not fussed. He's bringing down the briefcase at Wrestlemania IMO.

And for now, they're keeping us guessing as to who it will be, since MVP and Shelton are the MiTB contenders with the strongest form.

Could this also be a hazing period for Christian (from his title match loss on ECW to last week's tag match)? Yes or no?

HHHforever

Reaction score
I personally think they're trying to downplay Christian for the moment because they don't want people getting the impression that if you're a main eventer in TNA you're a main eventer in the WWE. To the WWE being a big star at TNA doesn't mean shit in the WWE. Hence why he didn't have some big return blow out type thing on SD! or Raw and was brought back without any real indication of him coming back.

Give it time. I think we'll see what happens. WM will be a big indicator, if he pulls off some good stuff in the MITB and/or wins that will tell us something. Let's see where he is in a couple months and come back to this. Look at where MVP was a couple months ago, losing every time out, now he has a pretty good shoot of winning the MITB and is getting a decent push as a face.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score

Being in the main event of Raw and Smackdown in the same night is worse than losing to a guydirectly out of developmental?

noumenon

Yeah, let's all listen to Jim Cornette...because his company always has the greatest bookings.....