Jesse Ventura wins lawsuit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
A jury in Minnesota awarded WWE Hall of Famer Jesse "The Body" Ventura $1.8 million in his lawsuit against the estate of the late "American Sniper" Chris Kyle.

Kyle said in his 2012 book that he beat up a man in a bar that he later found out was Ventura. Ventura sued Kyle's estate for defamation and produced witnesses in court that said Kyle's story never happened. The jury said on Monday that they couldn't reach a verdict but the judge told them to go back and try again.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ed-18-million-in-lawsuit/#TuIvrceM5hWRjkPV.99

Well okay then, good for Jesse I guess. What do you guys think about this?

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Ventura and his ego. God forbid his image be slandered.
Though I don't agree with him pressing charges over it, he does have a case.

Also, everyone got really mad at the Jury and Jesse only because Chris Kyle was a "veteran" and they should have respect. Didn't know that soldiers got by passes with the law. Think you might have better reasons to be mad at Jesse.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Though I don't agree with him pressing charges over it, he does have a case.

Also, everyone got really mad at the Jury and Jesse only because Chris Kyle was a "veteran" and they should have respect. Didn't know that soldiers got by passes with the law. Think you might have better reasons to be mad at Jesse.
I actually agree with everything you just said/

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The American court system at work again - someone being allowed to become nearly two million dollars richer by suing a person's widow for comments that her late husband made. If Jesse is so worried about his reputation being 'damaged', how does he think this is gonna make him look? He's already being bombarded in the media because of it (including by other members of the Navy Seals, I might add.)

Reactions: Swift

natasha18

Jobber
Reaction score
1.8 million. Wow. I guess he should have marked his book as fiction.

Reactions: Red Rain

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The American court system at work again - someone being allowed to become nearly two million dollars richer by suing a person's widow for comments that her late husband made. If Jesse is so worried about his reputation being 'damaged', how does he think this is gonna make him look? He's already being bombarded in the media because of it (including by other members of the Navy Seals, I might add.)

Jesse's rep is being a tough guy, going to court and being proven right doesn't really harm that, getting beat in a fight harms it.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Jesse's rep is being a tough guy, going to court and being proven right doesn't really harm that, getting beat in a fight harms it.

I know what his motivation for it is, but when the guy who supposedly 'harmed' his reputation is dead and the court allows you to sue his widow for any amount of money (let alone for the amount that he got out of it), it's ridiculous. There were other ways he could have cleared his name than this.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
If I am correct, he sued Chris Kyle's estate. No knowledge if his wife really took a finical hit, I doubt it. His book had to sell like hot cakes. (Unless all money went to charity or something, which I doubt.)

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Given lawyer fees and such, the money was necessary. Getting his a** handed could possibly cost him in book sales, so he took the estate to court. This was less about getting money from them and more about his pride.