Jerry Lawler Out, Matt Striker In

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Once upon a time, Jerry Lawler was a great heel announcer in the same mold as Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura. Lately he's become a stuttering and inarticulate douche.

Matt Striker provides history and insight into even the most trivial of details. This makes him appear to be more intelligent and understanding of pro wrestling in general.

Since the attitude era ended, Lawler doesn't know what else to do besides shout "Puppies!!"

Wordlife

With the exception of his odd outbursts, Striker really did some great play-by-play tonight. I hope he sticks around in that area of the business for quite some time.

Qwake

I couldn't stop laughing at what he said about Layla during the Women's Match at Mania.

Always liked Striker, he owns.

Great One

God damnit, I thought this was a news report.

I couldn't stop laughing at what he said about Layla during the Women's Match at Mania.

Always liked Striker, he owns.
*british accent* "eh Look it's Layla!" Fucking lol.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I liked him when he 1st became a commentator. Though he gets annouying at times. I never really liked Lawler and for a long time thought he was overated.

Josh Mathews is the guy you need to watch out for.

Reaction score
^^^Josh Matthews is a good announcer, he needs to sound a little more emotional though but he's light years ahead of Todd Grisham.

LKP

Matt Striker is funny and can make a match/person sound very good.
Striker >>>>>>>>Lawler

LadyHotrod

Striker is a smart announcer but I can't stand his seriousness. It kinda makes me feel a bit embarrassed, like when he was talking about Punk singing happy birthday and he got all serious business with 'is this what Punk gets off on' or whatever the line was. He just gets deep into descriptions sometimes ('look at his eyes' in a super serious tone).

I don't know, for me, that's kind of ridiculous to be extremely serious at calling fake wrestling matches. I'd take Cole and his Blue comments and enthusiasm over Striker, tbh.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Striker erks me at times. He's smart but he acts too smart sometimes, like LHR said he gets too serious at times.

And King has been stay since they got rid of bikini contests.

And Bobby Heenan is the greatest announcer IMO. He made WcW matches worth watching just to hear the commentary.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Once upon a time, Jerry Lawler was a great heel announcer in the same mold as Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura. Lately he's become a stuttering and inarticulate douche.

Matt Striker provides history and insight into even the most trivial of details. This makes him appear to be more intelligent and understanding of pro wrestling in general.

Since the attitude era ended, Lawler doesn't know what else to do besides shout "Puppies!!"

Jerry Lawler has sucked ever since he came back to WWE. In his time away from WWE in 2001, he learned how to be a terrible commentator. Clearly Vince changed what he wanted out of a color commentary position. When he came back all he did was shout puppies, & try to be combative with JR.