Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King recovering from heart attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
RE: Jerry Lawler

From 411mania, a fan in attendance:

I was in Montreal last night, sitting at ringside, and here are some things that I noticed surrounding Jerry's incident.

Obviously, Michael Cole seemed really concern the whole time, often shaking his head and talking to the director and people in his headset. Camera guys and Justin Roberts often came to see Michael to get updates on Jerry's condition.

In the crowd, we didn't know much about the situation, but the moment I knew it wasn't good at all was during Michael's second to last update. After he finished his speech, the camera guy gave him a thumbs up as to say ‘nice speech' and Michael just sat back and put his two hands on his face.

Also, when Michael Cole gave his final speech, Cena who was in the ring grabbed the mic to say something to the crowd but the ref rushed in to tell him that Cole was talking to the camera. Cena asked the ref how Jerry was doing, and when he told him about his condition, Cena put his hand over his mouth, looked really concerned, gave the mic back to ref and told him ‘I'm out'. He went to shake hands with Bret and the crowd and that was it.

There was an advertised WWE title dark match between Cena and Punk, but for obvious reasons, it didn't take place.
So that's it. Let's hope it turns out good for Jerry.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
RE: Jerry Lawler

I heard Cena saying one thing or two on the mic when they cut to Cole, and then he was silent. True.

I did think about Jerry announcing, wrestling, and then coming back to the table... I thought he'd be replaced.

ryderfan716

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Update on Lawler's surgery, ex-wife comments

I hope he pulls through. Sick of losing all the good people in the world.

ryderfan716

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: RE: Please Vince dont use Jerry's heart attack in a storyline

BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
Remember Vince is the guy who created sick storylines like the Katie Vick and having HHH bang a dummy on live Raw so anythings possible with him making this heart attack in a storyline

I remember that back in the day. Kind of sick in a way but it was for entertainment purposes. I still do not think Vince will use it though.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

Cole did a fantastic job to be honest. Especially to keep on going on the tag match after seeing his friend collapse next to him.

#Respect

acailler

Reaction score
Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King suffers heart attack during RAW

Stacey Carter AKA Miss Kitty (Jerry Lawlers Ex wife) posted this on her facebook page about 10 minutes ago: 'I have an update on Jerry. The docs are removing his ventilation & taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there's the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, the results won't be in until in the morning. I appreciate all the calls, texts, tweets, & Facebook messages of support & I know Jerry will too. Thanks everybody!!'

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Hope he continues to improve, I know it's very touch and go currently but I'm really hoping he pulls through and realizes he's doesn't need the traveling and what not any more. Just put your feet up Jerry, you're an icon in the industry rest on those laurels for your own health if nothing else.

Reactions: Crayo

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com

Jerry Lawler has been with the company for such a long time, he and JR were the best commentary duo there has been, and has been a spectacular commentator. Back in the day, he was a great wrestler, but now at age 62, he is far too old. Retirement for a lot of wrestlers should be around early 40's or late 40's. To continue to wrestle at that age, with very little training and exercise is dangerous to the system

It is great to see he is getting better and received surgery so quickly, but this should be a wake-up call to every member on the WWE Creative team thinking about putting a Legend in a ring, especially against young talent. They do take care in the ring, but it is not something they should be doing given the age of Hall Of Famers and others a like. Matches I have seen with wrestlers over 50 tend to get little response from the fans, and steal the air time for young talent who are training all week to compete. Jerry Lawler, has had his time in the ring, every wrestler must hang the boots up sometime and I believe he should have done so when he did, but getting dragged in the ring to face guys like Christian when he fought for the Intercontinental Championship, Miz for the WWE Championship is something that should be avoided in my opinion for health and safety issues.

Michael Cole, handled it extremely well, you could clearly see that witnessing his friend and commentary partner collapse hit him hard and as we have seen, guys at the back haven't taken it any better. WWE showed how much they value Lawler, having medical attention to him right on the spot, and showing him the respect to hold off commentary for the rest of the night shows they do truly value him. At age 62, he should be doing what he has been doing a pretty good job at and that is commentary, the wwe creative should leave them to do what they do best and that is call the action, stop re-using typical storylines and start using their experience they are required to have to produce better quality television without endangering the health of staff who do not train weekly to compete in the ring.

Get well soon Jerry, wishing you well and prayers go out to all his family through this rough time,

Reactions: seabs

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score

As Crayo said, Vince and Jerry are close.

Lawler has made enough money to enjoy life. The commentary is just for fun. If he would want to leave, he could do it with one fingersnap. But that fingersnap is Vince's biggest fear, he doesn't want to lose him for some kind of reason.

So, I don't think this is just WWE's fault. I think WWE and Lawler made an agreement about the matches/storyline.
If Lawler didn't want to do it, it would't happen, for sure.

Get well soon, King. All the best to you.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
RE: Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King suffers heart attack during RAW

Yeah, I'm sure they ask Jerry whether he wants to wrestle or not, he's probably the one who wants to continue wrestling. He also does indies all the time, he was wrestling in Aruba throughout the weekend, WWE can't tell him to do that. I think King's the one who needs to realize he shouldn't wrestle anymore, WWE is secondary on this idea.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score

42 year career. Holy smokes.. It's a wonder how he's still able to run ropes at this time, if you remember how some things went down in the old days..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler continues to recover in a hospital in Montreal, Canada, after suffering a heart attack during Monday’s Raw broadcast.

Lawler’s family members are with him, including son and former WWE performer Brian Christopher Lawler, who released a statement Tuesday evening concerning his father’s condition. Though stable, the concern now is whether he suffered brain damage following the heart attack.

His message reads: “Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more.”

Stacy Carter, Lawler’s former wife, remains optimistic on “The King.” She tweeted late Tuesday night, “Gonna try to get some sleep. Been a long 24 plus hours. I just know there will be some good news about @jerrylawler ‘s condition tomorrow!!!”

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Stuck this thread btw

Edit: Damn my double post made a new page. Updated news on page 6 at the bottom.