Jericho's return and why it failed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
A complete waste of our time and WWE's time.

Jericho wants to come back. Great.

WWE wants to do a cryptic viral promotion for a month, make us salivate at the mouths trying to prove its Jericho, then have him return(Just like HBK had already done) and then lose? HUH?!

Why did they even put him in the main event? In all honesty, the return was ruined the night he came back. They should have never put his image on the screen until he actually was at the ring. And why did they do the return? HBK had already done it, and Cena did it too, so that means Y2J's big return means nothing at all. Completely pointless.

What can the WWE really do at this point?

No matter how talented an indivdual is nowdays, it doesn't matter. There's too many people in the WWE for one person, no matter how good they are, to realy rise above the rest. The WWE shot themselves in the foot by trying to make too many "new guys" too quickly and now they have no choice but to push everyone all at once.

But that's the thing, he's been totally overshadowed by Cena/orton, and totally buried by Triple H. And don't think I'm saying that because I dislike Triple H because I don't....it's just his politicking does more damage than good. Well unless your Jeff Hardy, but that experiment hasn't reached it's final course yet.

Jericho can go to any show he wants but it's not going to mean as much as it would if there were less people in the company and only one roster. Because now, his fueds will get lost in the shuffle of everything else going on.

I want to see a Heel Chris Jericho face the Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, not stuck in a shitty feud with JBL.

ninjashoes

Reaction score
Jericho is best as a heel theres no doubt about that. He was introduced with his old music, without his long hair and beard and put against Orton who is pure shit.

He was also rushed to quickly into the main event after being gone too long.

CT Styles

Has Jericho ever been a Main Eventer though? Yes he was the Undisputed CHamp but Vince said he regretted that didn't he. I don't think Y2J will ever be more then an uppercarder tbh. The return also failed due to everyone knowing. Unlike HBK's which was a complete surprise Jericho's was know and it was just a case of when will he return?

Airfixx

I'd concur Y2Js comeback has fallen on it's arse, but I think the whole suprise factor or his initial appearance (or lack of) is relatively unimportant. It seems to me that they simply don't know what to do with him on Raw and a couple of booking decisions have only made matters worse (namely no rematch with JBL)...

In reponse to Jabroni's post....

You repeatedly mention that Y2J returned "like HBK had already done". If you mean it was executed the same way.... It wasn't. If you just literally mean they had him return, then well of course... How else do you miraclulously become 'back'? LOL

You made the same comment re: Cena, but Y2J had already returned by then (RR'08).... Failing or othewise, I can't understand what these arguments are supposed to substantiate. What were you getting at?

...he's been ...totally buried by Triple H. And don't think I'm saying that because I dislike Triple H because I don't....it's just his politicking does more damage than good.

Completely unfounded nonsense.....

What politicing has taken place with regard to Y2J?

You may not have written that due to a disliking of HHH, but never the less, you are just mindlessly embracing bullshit HHH 'backstage folklore'...

So tell me, how exactly has HHH "TOTALLY BURIED" Y2J?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Y2J's comeback is completely shit right now I kinda wished that he would switch to Smackdown and challenge Edge for the Heavyweight Title before WM 24 and hopefully feud or face against Taker. We all know who would win that match but Y2J would sure as hell give Taker a good run for his money. Ever since that terrible feud with JBL Y2J has been room for multiple-wrestler title shot matches on RAW and has failed to win them. I think Y2J would be better off at SD.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I think he would have been more well received on SD! where there are less higher named stars and where theres a place in the Main Event for him!

kingovkings

Reaction score
I agree i think Y2J's comeback should and would have been better received on smacky, But it wasn't and its turned to shit Raw is overcrowded with top talent at the moment, i hope when the draw comes round y2j goes to smackdown and turns heel and some of the Raw roster get thinned down as its a bit overcrowded IMO plus i think that both brands could benefit from a major reshuffle

The Rated R CMStar

Y2J's comeback is completely shit right now I kinda wished that he would switch to Smackdown and challenge Edge for the Heavyweight Title before WM 24 and hopefully feud or face against Taker. We all know who would win that match but Y2J would sure as hell give Taker a good run for his money. Ever since that terrible feud with JBL Y2J has been room for multiple-wrestler title shot matches on RAW and has failed to win them. I think Y2J would be better off at SD.

What multiple title shots? He has only had one. And do you really prefer to have him as champion for less than 5 weeks?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
What multiple title shots? He has only had one. And do you really prefer to have him as champion for less than 5 weeks?
CMS read my post again and realize that I said "multiple-wrestler matches" for a #1 contender spot for the WWE title.

The Rated R CMStar

Uhmm, you mean like only the Elimination Chamber? Because since coming back and after Armageddon that has been the only title shot match he has been.

And still you didn't anwer me, you want Y2J to come to SD, feud with Edge for the belt, win it and then lose to Taker all in less that 5 weeks.