Jericho is the champion, will it be any different?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Well I'm sure many of us remember Chris Jericho's first title reign.

He won the belt, and he was the definition of a 'transitional' champion (a term which is thrown around A LOT by JBL lately). Everybody basically knew he was just holding the belt for Triple H. Hell, people LEFT the arena during their Wrestlemania X-8 Main Event.

People claim Jericho wasn't a draw back then. But do you believe he is a draw now?

There is no doubt in my head that Jericho is. He has surpassed every heel on Raw and is without a doubt the top heel, Orton is leagues behind him now. Edge and Y2J are neck-and-neck at being the best heel imo, and since Edge is 'out' it looks like Chris is now the best heel around.

Jericho has put on the THE best promos, many of the best matches and without a shadow of a doubt the best feud since his heel turn. The heat he can draw is simply phenomenal.

What is your opinion? do you think Y2J still isn't, and never will be, a draw? Or has he upped his game and is ready to become Raw's No. 1 Heel?

seX-Power

Y2J is the biggest draw Raw has tight now and he is definately the top heel. He can draw massive heat with just a smile and has performed exceptionally well since his return. He is definatley not a transitional champ imo, otherwise the WWE would have stuck the belt on Batista or somebody else. Punk was going good with the title but I cant wait for this reign.

The Rated R CMStar

You are mixing both terms. Y2J is indeed right now the top heel on Raw right now, yet he isn't a draw. As much heat as he could get, he will not sell PPVs for his own. Jericho doesn't have any big money matches. Sure, you toss around Jericho vs Punk, Jericho vs Cena and you think they will be good matches, but they wouldn't sell a PPV as a main event(maybe the second one, but before Cena is on it).

And Orton is on a different league just because he's injured. And Edge, Y2J wishes he could get the heat Edge gets against EVERYONE. Chris Jericho only gets heat when bashing HBK

Airfixx

I knopw Vince has been on record saying that view/buys-wise it was the wors ever reign, but I think part of the problem with Y2Js reign back in '01/'02, as stated above, is because, peeps generally knew he was 'holding' the belt for HHH... THAT played a major part in killing it, not Jericho the performer.

I think, given the chance, we'll see what he really CAN make of a world title run (He's got the perfect springboard in the heat of the HBK fued AND the way he won the title)... Maybe he will prove many of us wrong in as much as that he CAN be a draw afterall.

Reaction score
I think Jericho's title reign could go REALLY well, his character as of late could, and SHOULD play out to bring in some big heel heat against a baby face! If creative get their act together, we could see a solid, entertaining title reign from Jericho. I can't comment on the title reign back in 01/02, as I've only heard about it - but the whole 'transitional champ' for HHH seems pretty self explanitory.

I still think that Y2J is well behind Orton and Edge, as the top heels in the WWE right now. Orton seems to have the ultimate character to draw heat, as does Edge. Edge is in a league of his own, well before he was 'thrown into hell' anyway. Jericho though, def has the potential in my opinion to bring himself up to their league.

Enigma22

Reaction score
honestly i would rather have him as his old joking self but his character right now is gonna help him be the top heel on raw...

The Rated R CMStar

I doubt it. However, I do expect some sort of screw ending so that we get Y2J vs Punk at No Mercy, this considering that we will prob see Rey against Kane and Batista vs JBL, leaving Punk as the only face left to face the champ.

Beer Money Army

well Y2J is a 4 Time world champion... (3 wcw/World (raw), 1 WWE)

I think this reign is going be his best reign....

everyone should Know his 2 WCW/World Championship reign

1st reign: 15 Days..... typical WCW title reign...

2nd Reign >1 day.. it joined with WWE as the undisputed.. so hardly a reign

His undisputed reign was his Best.. Y2J pwned Austin/Rock but not HHH and it would of been a Hit if Y2J finally was able to beat HHH... but Meh

I see this 4th World Championship reign as a huge Positive....Y2J is #1 raw actived Heel... Y2J has probably been WWE 2008 Most outstanding Performer so far... either him or HBK..

Wild Rover

Reaction score
They could get a good number of PPV main events out of Jericho - babyfaces trying to win the belt off him.

Keep Jericho's heat strong by having HBK make his presence known at Raw shows, not letting that feud die, but let the top faces stake their claim to title shots and see how things go.

HBK's angle could then be having to wrestle a few matches for number 1 contender spot - so he can get to Jericho. That provides something for HBK to be getting on with over the weeks.

Jericho's great in the ring and on the mic, they should run with this as long as possible in my opinion. He was never the best face in 01/02 so was never going to be the guy the fans blew their energy on - but now - he's definitely the best heel in the company. Let him run with the ball.

iamironman

Reaction score
qut acitng as if hes not gonna lose monday cuz yall know he is

seX-Power

^ if he was going to lose on Monday then why the hell would they put the belt on Y2j for a week? Why not Batista or Kane who were both heavily built up? And Punk wont win on Monday because Orton will screw him again leading to a major feud there. I really like the idea of HBK winning a series of number one contender's matches to get to Jericho, at the PPV after No Mercy, as Jericho will probs face Punk at No Mercy (not sure about this one though). Wow, Raw has the best booking but the worst shows, I wish Smackdown was booked like this.

Airfixx

They could get a good number of PPV main events out of Jericho - babyfaces trying to win the belt off him.

Keep Jericho's heat strong by having HBK make his presence known at Raw shows, not letting that feud die, but let the top faces stake their claim to title shots and see how things go.

HBK's angle could then be having to wrestle a few matches for number 1 contender spot - so he can get to Jericho. That provides something for HBK to be getting on with over the weeks.

Jericho's great in the ring and on the mic, they should run with this as long as possible in my opinion.

I agree.

However...

He was never the best face in 01/02 so was never going to be the guy the fans blew their energy on

....he was a heel when he was undisputed champ.

Austin_316

Reaction score
He is by far the top heel atm. He has drawn so much heat from his amazing feud with HBK that i feel from his previous title reigns he is deserving of this reign. I like his heel style because he does it so well and i feel he is the best in the business right now even though Edge is up there with Orton i still feel Y2J is the best.

wwefan405

Reaction score
Jericho is the top heel in the wwe and i feel he is a major draw