Jeri-fail....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
OK, so he just Codebreakered Punk to spark a fued, but WDF are they actually doing with Jericho?

The vignettes, the previously not-talking, cyptically predicting the "end of the world as [we] know it" at RR... Nothing seems to be coming to fruition and given the 18 month+ of hasty storyline re-writting(*) i can't help thinking that the origial plans for Jericho have gradually been scrapped; whipping the rug out from beneath the creation of Y2Js new character.

(*...Not to mention the rumoured re-write of the Rumble in which Jericho was alleged to have been originally booked to win.)

NinoBrown

Reaction score
End of the world to CM Punk being known as the Best In the World

tumblr_lxr9ffkTR81qat4nno2_400.gif

Axis

Reaction score
Give it a few more weeks. I am one that always complains about them rushing storylines, so I will not now complain that it is not moving fast enough.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Give it a few more weeks. I am one that always complains about them rushing storylines, so I will not now complain that it is not moving fast enough.

EXACTLY! People thought the videos were already irrelevant and then he promo'd before the Rumble reiterating the shit. You've got 60 days until Mania and people expect everything to be unfolded already. Give them a chance to draw it out. If it doesn't draw out at all before Mania, THEN you can start talking about them scrapping stuff.

Jericho returned with hints at old, favorable gimmicks and got the crowd to go nuts and he didn't have to say a thing, they just were so happy to see him that he commanded pops... I see this playing out with Stephanie somehow... but for now it looks like Jericho's doing this whole super-control thing.

Reaction score
Even as disappointing as the first night of his return seemed, it was apparent he was going to be a heel. He can either be cocky, arrogant Jericho, or he can be snide, prick Jericho. He coming in as something cryptic wouldn't fit Jericho nor would it suit his strengths. It's fine. I think everyone assumed a Jericho win so WWE switched gears. It wasn't Sheamus winning the Rumble, the WWE should be commended for at least not giving into the obvious, but it was the fact that the Rumble itself was really friggin awful and polluted with jobbers.

As far as Jericho is concerned, who gives a fuck what his vignettes lead you to believe. We are getting Punk vs. Jericho. That's pretty fucking awesome. But I will disagree with Punk and Jericho. Right now Danielson is the best wrestler in the world. I wouldn't complain about a triple threat match or even feud.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Dragon did show up Punk the other night, huh?

nation

Reaction score
Even as disappointing as the first night of his return seemed, it was apparent he was going to be a heel. He can either be cocky, arrogant Jericho, or he can be snide, prick Jericho. He coming in as something cryptic wouldn't fit Jericho nor would it suit his strengths. It's fine. I think everyone assumed a Jericho win so WWE switched gears. It wasn't Sheamus winning the Rumble, the WWE should be commended for at least not giving into the obvious, but it was the fact that the Rumble itself was really friggin awful and polluted with jobbers.

As far as Jericho is concerned, who gives a fuck what his vignettes lead you to believe. We are getting Punk vs. Jericho. That's pretty fucking awesome. But I will disagree with Punk and Jericho. Right now Danielson is the best wrestler in the world. I wouldn't complain about a triple threat match or even feud.

Wow, are you serious? It was a fucking epic fail, period. All of that hype for NOTHING. All of those weeks and that promo about how the end of the world begins at the Rumble meant fucking nothing. Do I want to see Punk/Jericho? Obviously, I don't know who doesn't but the E has already made a bad start with it. I don't see how any of the failures can be explained but that was fucking stupid logic, man. So we get Punk/Jericho, who gives a shit let's ignore any stupid fuck ups? No. Christ, you could say who cares that the WWE brought Punk back too soon when he could have been the Stone Cold of the modern era if he didn't come back two weeks later. But I guess by your logic, since he has been one of the top guys ever since then, who cares about the screw ups? God damn.

Jericho/Punk is obviously a huge feud and one of the most anticipated and hyped ever since last summer. There should be screw ups in the storyline, at least not a huge fuck up like this is which is the problem. I'm not going to cater in and ignore massive failures. That's stupid. Like Luke said, I'll give it time and see how this goes but I really don't see how they can correct this. As it stands, it's a huge epic fail and it deserves all the heat it's getting. Shit on the slightest mistake TNA has ever done but let's just forget all about and ignore huge mistakes for the E? Come on, Enzo.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They haven't made any mistakes yet! Jericho promised the end would BEGIN at the Rumble... it was delayed by Sheamus (by the way, if you don't see a correlation in a future feud for that, you're a little too stubborn and near-sighted). His plan was obviously to win the Rumble... it got postponed by Sheamus, so he comes out and asserts himself into a feud with Punk and the E played it perfectly with the whole "Jericho is in the EC match but this doesn't make much sense" perspective. Like I said, we've got 60 days to hash out what the videos meant and why, and quite frankly, I hope there's still a little unknown even after Mania so we can make a bigger story out of who is the puppetmaster for Jericho, but I'm assuming Steph will make a presence before Mania to make it known that it's her.

The lack of patience is ridiculous tho. We talk all the time about how the E either rushes things, or they just never address them again. Well, they've continued to drop hints, they built Jericho up huge with the silent promos, and he comes out on Raw with an obvious problem with Punk... which makes the storyline better imo, because it shows his problem is with Punk directly, and we don't have even the slightest speculation of whether he'll challenge the Raw or Smackdown champ... he's going after Punk and Punk only, and that's the way I said it should have been before the Rumble... having him win the Rumble would have only been good for a 1-night pop and then have him come out and attack Punk just to say he's going after the belt? I like that he has made it personal, and that's not easy to do with winning the Rumble labeled on you, especially when Kayfabe-wise, Punk could always lose the strap between now and Mania making Jericho winning the Rumble not about Punk which is obviously what they've been set on doing... so eliminate all the hype around the Rumble, have it be about these two first and foremost. That's another thing that has been missing from Championship feuds... the focus is all on the belt, very rarely on the feud itself. We understand that's what it all comes down to, but there should be a nice personal feud from time to time... hell, Edge/Cena was the last real title feud I can recall post-Punk/Cena that had something other than just the strap being the focus.

...god...

Reaction score
Orton/HHH, Cena/Wade, Taker/Kane, Edge/Kane, Cena/Batista have all had feuds that were more about just than the tite.. there's been a shit load, which I think you meant, PRE-Punk/Cena.

Reaction score
Wow, are you serious? It was a fucking epic fail, period. All of that hype for NOTHING. All of those weeks and that promo about how the end of the world begins at the Rumble meant fucking nothing. Do I want to see Punk/Jericho? Obviously, I don't know who doesn't but the E has already made a bad start with it. I don't see how any of the failures can be explained but that was fucking stupid logic, man. So we get Punk/Jericho, who gives a shit let's ignore any stupid fuck ups? No. Christ, you could say who cares that the WWE brought Punk back too soon when he could have been the Stone Cold of the modern era if he didn't come back two weeks later. But I guess by your logic, since he has been one of the top guys ever since then, who cares about the screw ups? God damn.

Jericho/Punk is obviously a huge feud and one of the most anticipated and hyped ever since last summer. There should be screw ups in the storyline, at least not a huge fuck up like this is which is the problem. I'm not going to cater in and ignore massive failures. That's stupid. Like Luke said, I'll give it time and see how this goes but I really don't see how they can correct this. As it stands, it's a huge epic fail and it deserves all the heat it's getting. Shit on the slightest mistake TNA has ever done but let's just forget all about and ignore huge mistakes for the E? Come on, Enzo.

Nation,why are you making this a TNA-WWE debate. There's no debate to be made. TNA has done two things right and a million things wrong. When they sell 20k PPVs, you will have Jericho midget legs to stand on. Other than that, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I'm glad they didn't give Jericho the win. He doesn't deserve it. Dude has been gone for a year and a half, comes back and wins the Rumble? That's predictable. Sheamus has been a hoss for the last 6 months and deserves a B title shot that will probably open Mania while Jericho will be in one of the final matches on the biggest card in years. The guy has to talk. He can either be cocky and arrogant or he can be a self serving prick. And who cares about what a vignette lead you to believe? It's a fucking vignette. What about Brodus Clay's vignettes? He was looking like the second coming of King Kong Bundy, instead he's PN Newskishi and getting over. Fuck fella, your trying to stir a pot that's empty.

At the end of the day we are getting Punk vs Jericho, which is light years better than anything TNA can offer (since you want to make it that kind of argument) and it doesn't matter how it came about. The promos are going to rock, the match will be awesome and it will be on the biggest stage the industry offers. But hey, you can go watch the flawless TNA booking and all the consistent continuity and excitement that their featured performers like Garrett Bischoff (he's going to be a legend because Hulk Hogan said so) can provide in front of raucous crowds of theme park tourists that got free tickets. I don't even comment on TNA. The company is awful, just awful, they've been that way for ten years and I for one just wont invest time into something that has let me down for 10 years. You want to make it a TNA-WWE thing. This is a microcosm (Whatever the fuck it is your really trying to convey) compared to the terrible weekly clusterfuck TNA put out. I've heard enough of whats going on there to know I don't want any part of it. But if it makes you feel better Nation, because I know you will continually beat this dead fucking horse, WWE makes mistakes too. Happy? It seems that is what you're looking for. Only difference is that WWE has a much higher mistakes-to-success ratio than TNA on epic levels. Again, that's not opinion, that's fact. TNA's ten years of existence is a whole lot more misses than hits.

I don't know how you came to your rambling from what I said, but settle down fella.

...god...

Reaction score
aye fella, i'll give ya that jericho havea the midget legs fella and the big upper body fella. But he could still dropkick you back over the border, fella.

Reaction score
^Dragon did show up Punk the other night, huh?

He sure did. Not to mention Dragon bumped like a million bucks for Punk. Don't get me wrong, Punk is no slouch, but over the past two months Bryan has been the much more compelling character. He's been better in the ring, especially considering what he's been given to work with (although his match with Kofi from SD I saw on YT the other nite was tits) and his promos have been excellent. He's not being prominently booked the way Punk is, but he is making the most of what he is given and is really shinning. I just wish they would let him really get over by tapping Orton or some other top face.

nation

Reaction score
Nation,why are you making this a TNA-WWE debate. There's no debate to be made. TNA has done two things right and a million things wrong. When they sell 20k PPVs, you will have Jericho midget legs to stand on. Other than that, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I'm glad they didn't give Jericho the win. He doesn't deserve it. Dude has been gone for a year and a half, comes back and wins the Rumble? That's predictable. Sheamus has been a hoss for the last 6 months and deserves a B title shot that will probably open Mania while Jericho will be in one of the final matches on the biggest card in years. The guy has to talk. He can either be cocky and arrogant or he can be a self serving prick. And who cares about what a vignette lead you to believe? It's a fucking vignette. What about Brodus Clay's vignettes? He was looking like the second coming of King Kong Bundy, instead he's PN Newskishi and getting over. Fuck fella, your trying to stir a pot that's empty.

At the end of the day we are getting Punk vs Jericho, which is light years better than anything TNA can offer (since you want to make it that kind of argument) and it doesn't matter how it came about. The promos are going to rock, the match will be awesome and it will be on the biggest stage the industry offers. But hey, you can go watch the flawless TNA booking and all the consistent continuity and excitement that their featured performers like Garrett Bischoff (he's going to be a legend because Hulk Hogan said so) can provide in front of raucous crowds of theme park tourists that got free tickets. I don't even comment on TNA. The company is awful, just awful, they've been that way for ten years and I for one just wont invest time into something that has let me down for 10 years. You want to make it a TNA-WWE thing. This is a microcosm (Whatever the fuck it is your really trying to convey) compared to the terrible weekly clusterfuck TNA put out. I've heard enough of whats going on there to know I don't want any part of it. But if it makes you feel better Nation, because I know you will continually beat this dead fucking horse, WWE makes mistakes too. Happy? It seems that is what you're looking for. Only difference is that WWE has a much higher mistakes-to-success ratio than TNA on epic levels. Again, that's not opinion, that's fact. TNA's ten years of existence is a whole lot more misses than hits.

I don't know how you came to your rambling from what I said, but settle down fella.

I'm calm, essay. I wasn't making this debate sorry to say which makes your whole argument kinda pointless. I just said it since you literally always shit on TNA for everything and only give props to Bully Ray and Jarrett from what I've seen. This was just a huge mistake, I'll give it time to see if somehow it's corrected but I don't see it happening.

Also, I'm not the TNA fanboy you seem to think I am. I'm aware of all their fuck ups, two huge fucks up right now with a green as hell Garrett Bischoff and already ruining Gunner while he was on the verge of being established. So now hopefully you're happy too.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Orton/HHH, Cena/Wade, Taker/Kane, Edge/Kane, Cena/Batista have all had feuds that were more about just than the tite.. there's been a shit load, which I think you meant, PRE-Punk/Cena.
Yes, pre...

Orton/HHH I'll give you, but that was clearly all for the belt. Wade can't be discussed, because well, everything to do with any of that was a loose end. Taker/Kane was all about the belt, the rest is just a formality based on their history and kayfabe kinship. Edge/Kane was also all about the belt, but I can give you that one because Edge found a way to make it a little more interesting than just "I want my belt back". Batista/Cena... I don't recall much being about anything except the strap, other than Batista wanting the spotlight >_>... which metaphorically was the deepest simple shit WWE did in years.

Jericho/Punk being about the best in the world with the title as a bonus to command that label is a fucking treat, in my eyes... because you legitimately have two guys who can argue they're the absolute best in the world in this industry right now... but instead of just arguing/wrestling to prove it, I'm sure these two can dig a lot deeper than that, especially with the puppetry going on with Jericho