Jeff's future finally confirmed (SD Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK.GFX

Reaction score
After months of speculation, we now know the fate of Jeff Hardy and his WWE career. At last night’s SmackDown taping, for this Friday, Jeff Hardy lost a steel cage match to CM Punk, in a loser leaves WWE stipulation.

After the match concluded, Jeff Hardy then bid farewell to the fans in attendance and said, “When the time is right, I‘ll see you again.â€￾ Leaving the door open for a return, Hardy is expected to take an extended hiatus from the wrestling world to pursue other career opportunities and to take a break.

According to several reports, Hardy spoke to wrestlers backstage, citing being burnt out as a key factor to his decision to take a break.

There were also reports of Hardy shopping a new reality TV series to a number of networks
, including MTV. Details of the reality series never leaked online.

Those within the WWE believe Hardy will come back, but a timetable for his return was never revealed.

And here's an update they posted later.

As reported earlier, Jeff Hardy finished up with WWE last night as he lost a "Loser Leaves Town" match to World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk at the SmackDown taping, which will air this Friday night.

Officials told Hardy the door will always be open for him to return whenever he wanted and that WWE would be more than happy to promote any of his outside projects. He is planning on performing with his band, Peroxwhy?gen and working on a potential reality series.

Hardy told management he wasn't departing because he unhappy, but rather, he wanted time off from the road in order to do things at his own pace.

Almost everyone feels it is only a matter of when, not if, Hardy would return to WWE. Many wrestlers were comparing his departure from WWE to that of Chris Jericho a few years ago, who went to work on several acting and musical gigs before returning to the company with a prime position.

Many have praised Hardy's last several months of work in WWE as they felt he helped bring CM Punk up to a higher level where he could be seen as a legitimate threat going into his next feud with Undertaker.
Source - LOP.com

I'm honestly sad to see him go. Whether you were a fan or not, I believe that you have to admit that Jeff put on one hell of an entertaining last main event run before he left.

J

Its completely understandable that he got burnt out he's put on a shit ton of crazy spots since coming back and yea I don't see Jeff being gone too long he's just one of those people that needs a break so he can come back with the fire burning again. But yea Imma miss him on Smackdown for sure.

noumenon

Had he just left with no on air explanation I would be kinda skeptical on how long he'd be gone. The fact that he's going out like this leaves a lot more room for his return.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy is one of the only main eventers where you legitimately were entertained by each and every single PPV main event he was in. The guy had blockbuster feuds with Edge, Randy Orton, Triple H, Matt Hardy and CM Punk. Nobody can deny he's put on some of the greatest matches in WWE's recent history. I support his decision to take time off, and look forward to the epic Mega Star return that will be of Jeff Hardy in a few years.

Great One

Jeff Hardy is one of the only main eventers where you legitimately were entertained by each and every single PPV main event he was in. The guy had blockbuster feuds with Edge, Randy Orton, Triple H, Matt Hardy and CM Punk. Nobody can deny he's put on some of the greatest matches in WWE's recent history. I support his decision to take time off, and look forward to the epic Mega Star return that will be of Jeff Hardy in a few years.
Seriously, he really is underappreciated by most of the smurfs on here. The guy does some of the most crazy insane shit, that on par or even greater than things the wrestlers in ECW did. Hell, if ECW was still around, I guarantee Hardy would be cheered and he would make a perfect fit. He's definitely someone who needs the time off and not have to destroy his body.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im not a great Hardy fan but i liked Jeff and his crazy arsed spots he has entertained me last few years. I will miss him and SD will defo miss him. Enjoy ya time off Jeff

phantomgerald

Does not change the fact that Hardy sucks on the mic. Hope he goes for a few training classes while away.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i never thought that i would say this about Jeff leaving but i too am sad to see him go. When he came back i was happy just to see him. Then after awhile i got sick of his matches. Then he started doin crazy shit again and i started to like him. This is one of the most deserving of breaks and hopefully he doesnt screw up his chance to come back big with drugs all that shit.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I will miss Jeff Hardy. SmackDown won't be the same without him.

Klide

Im not a great Hardy fan but i liked Jeff and his crazy arsed spots he has entertained me last few years. I will miss him and SD will defo miss him. Enjoy ya time off Jeff

Same here never was really a fan of hardy but I got to respect him he but his body out there and did inhuman things in the ring.