Jeff Jarrett captures gold in Mexico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

IGN top 20 WM matches

20. Piper Vs Bret Hart (WM8)
19. Edge Vs Foley(WM22)
18. Andre Vs Hulk Hogan(WM3)
17. Jericho Vs Michaels(WM19)
16. Macho Man Vs Hogan(WM5)
15. Angle Vs Lesnar (WM19)
14. Macho Man Vs Ult. Warrior(WM7)
13. Michaels Vs Austin (WM14)
12. Austin Vs Rock(WM17)
11. Flair Vs Savage(WM8)
10. Rock Vs Hogan(WM18)
9. Michaels Vs Bret Hart(WM12)
8. Angle Vs Michaels (WM21)
7. Hogan Vs Warrior(WM6)
6. Ricky Steamboat Vs Savage(WM3)
5. TLC Match(WM17)
4. Bret Vs Owen(WM10)
3. Michaels Vs Razor(WM10)
2. Benoit Vs HHH Vs Michaels(WM20)
1. Autin Vs Bret(WM13)
===================================================

What do you guys think about this??? Agree/disagree?

I dont really agree with it. What mostly sticks out, is Angle/lesnar at 15. I dont think that should be on the list.

Also the top 2. I would put Hart/HBK at 1, TLC 2,

ALso bret and owen is too high.

Ill actually make my list a little later.

Soulpower

Angle vs Lesnar deserves its spot on the list... People always hate on that match because of the botched SSP, but if not for that it would be recognized as the good match that it really was.

I also think the Savage-Steamboat match should made at least the top three. The match took place 20 years ago and to this day its still remembered as one of the best matches of all time.

Wrestling Station

I totally agree with Bret vs Austin as number 1.
I dont agree for Owen Vs Bret to be spoted as number 4, it should be like number 10 imo.

The Rock vs Hogan shouldnt be in the top 20 imo. The Rock played as a fool in that match to job Hogan. I didnt like the fact that he was a heel and spitting on Hogan. Wasnt pleasant thing to remember.

Montana

Angle vs Lesnar deserves its spot on the list... People always hate on that match because of the botched SSP, but if not for that it would be recognized as the good match that it really was.

I also think the Savage-Steamboat match should made at least the top three. The match took place 20 years ago and to this day its still remembered as one of the best matches of all time.

Yea, it was partly the Bothed SSP, and Partly the fact neither Angle or Lesnar were 'Icons' at the time. I was never sold on brock lesnar. I just didnt think it was that great of a match. Perhaps the 20th spot, but i cant see it any lower

I'd Take these matches over angle vs lesnar.

Taker vs HHH
Rey vs Eddie
HHH vs Cena ( I liked the match, ok)
Angle vs Jericho vs Beniot

Montana

Heres my official list, how i compiled it, i don't know. Its tough with era's, style of wrestling, and everything. Go ahead and bash, but here it is.

1) Bret Hart vs HBK WM 12

2) Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant WM 3

3) Stone Cold vs Rock WM 17

4) HBK vs Razor WM 10

5) Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior wm 6

6) Hardys Dudle EC TLC wm 17

7) Bret Hart vs Austin wm 13

8) Ricket Steamboat vs Randy Savage Wm3

9) Warrior vs Savage wm 7

10) Rock vs Hogan wm 18

11) Savage vs Flair wm 8

12) Hogan vs Savage wm 5

13) HBK vs Kurt Angle wm 21

14) HHH vs Taker wm 17

15) Bret Hart vs Owen Hart wm 10

16) MITB 1 wm 21

17) Bret Hart vs ROddy Piper wm 8

18) Edge vs FOley wm 22

19) Beniot vs HHH vs HBK wm 19

20) HHH vs Cena wm 22

Wrestling16

Reaction score
What about Bret vs Perfect at SS 91 thats gotta be up thier!

Montana

Its actually WM matches, hence all wm matches, I forgot to add that in the title.

Montana

Heres my official list, how i compiled it, i don't know. Its tough with era's, style of wrestling, and everything. Go ahead and bash, but here it is.

1) Bret Hart vs HBK WM 12

2) Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant WM 3

3) Stone Cold vs Rock WM 17

4) HBK vs Razor WM 10

5) Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior wm 6

6) Hardys Dudle EC TLC wm 17

7) Bret Hart vs Austin wm 13

8) Ricket Steamboat vs Randy Savage Wm3

9) Warrior vs Savage wm 7

10) Rock vs Hogan wm 18

11) Savage vs Flair wm 8

12) Hogan vs Savage wm 5

13) HBK vs Kurt Angle wm 21

14) HHH vs Taker wm 17

15) Bret Hart vs Owen Hart wm 10

16) MITB 1 wm 21

17) Bret Hart vs ROddy Piper wm 8

18) Edge vs FOley wm 22

19) Beniot vs HHH vs HBK wm 19

20) HHH vs Cena wm 22

So how does WM 23 matchups stack up on these list? Does HBK/Cena or Taker Batista make the list on mine or the IGN one? Does it make your list? I thnk they just missed the top 20 list.

xtremebadass

ok the WMXX match wasnt that great, HBK vs. Y2J or HBK vs. Angle, or Angle vs. Lesnar were totally better than that

Great One

Wow, no one commented on Hogan vs. Warrior in the top 10, but Angle vs. Lesnar? Hell, why is Warrior even in the top WM matches, that's sad. I was a fan when I was little, but when you grow up you realize how little of talent the guy had.

Everything else seems fine, although I don't really know how this list is being rated... If by the prestige of the match and by the impact, then Andre vs. Hogan should be in the top 5 no matter what, but it's not even in the top 15. If it's being rated primarily on wrestling (Hogan vs. Warrior... haha) then I think it's fairly accurate, although I think Hart vs. HBK was much better wrestling wise than Hart vs. Austin and should be higher in the card. I also think HBK vs. Y2J was one of the best wrestling matches I've ever seen in my life. Toss all the Warrior matches, throw in HHH vs. Taker or maybe the first MITB.

On a side note, IGN are a bunch of tools.

Montana

What do you guys think about 23? Any matches in? Taker/Batista is pretty close to the top 20 i think.

Also feel free to make your own top 20, rather than this one up, and that one down. and take off these and add these.