• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JBL, stop doing promos.....you're trying too hard.

★Chuck Zombie★

So today, I finally watched RAW, and JBL interrupts CM Punk yelling at Orton. What does JBL have to say I ask myself (not really). Oh yeah, the same thing he's been saying for the last 6 weeks. "The fairytale is about to end Cinderella." "Your a fluke." "There will be an asterisk by your name." "You're a footnote in the history of..." Seriously, do they just replay the audio from the first promo he had and he lip-syncs to it? He sounds like a broken record. Back when he first became Smackdown!'s color commentator, I could have made watching Smackdown! a drinking game if I wasn't straight-edge. "Take a shot every time JBL says 'Machismo,'!" That would get anyone loaded in about a quarter of the show.

The thing I don't get though (this is where the "you try too hard" part comes in), is I heard JBL on my local radio station just a few minutes ago (to promote Unforgiven which the radio guys said was Saturday...dumbasses), and he was witty, spontaneous, funny, and charismatic. And most importantly, he didn't repeat himself at all. So, my question is, why the hell are his promos the same thing over and over?

Evil Austin

well the raw writters write the script for the show the wrestlers read it and they memorize it before the show... its pretty much their fault... they believe its JBL's Wrestling God gimmick to be like that.. and well thats how they are going to keep him.

★Chuck Zombie★

Actually, most wrestlers have control over what they say. Maybe some of the smaller ones don't, but JBL sure has a bit of creative control. Just look at the interviews with CHris Jericho where he says that 90% of the current angle is all him and Shawn. The higher up guys have control.

i dont like JBL's promos all that much. He did have a few good ones when he was champ and did the whole "wrestling GOD" gimmick. now his promos are staler than a John Cena match.

and i agree you can't really blame the writers. If JBL had it his way, he'd shoot on everyone..

Austin_316

I am near the end of my tether having to listen to JBL go on and on and on. Everytime i hear his voice or his music i think to myself here comes the pain in the ass in his stretch limo! All i can see is fans just getting annoyed including myself because he is boring and his gimmick is past its sell by date. Please WWE writers change his gimmick!

Ballin

He does get repetive with everything, and I'm sure he has quite of bit of control of his promos rather than creative staff writing them for him so I dont know why he's starting to suck on RAW. Look, you said he was on the radio being un-repetive, witty, and smart. Well why can't he be like when doing promos. JBL "the wrestling god" should do better than this.

MikeRaw

Well, it's what he's meant to do. I know you will say tey have control over what they say(some of them) and that is true, but not completely.
When he goes out there, he is aloud to choose the actual WORDS he says, and how to say them, yes. But,, he is told what the general direction of the promo and his character should be. And if they tell him to go out and be bitter, senile, and obnoxious, that's what he does.
So 'm pretty sure wwe tells him the type of promo to cut, but he just eds up using the same lines over and over.
I still blame wwe though, because with the biiter chatacter there's only do many lines you can use, and JBL has used them all, but ti's their fault offor booking him this way, because we all know (from the radio, and his commentating on SD), that he can be pretty charasmatic.

chessarmy

I have no idea, it really gets annoying though. JBL is just boring as hell, in and out of the ring. He is a solid heel I guess, but WWE needs to freshen up his character a little bit

JBL is a fat piece of shit. Once upon a time he could use promos to makes his snoozefest matches interesting. Since January aof this year that is no longer the case. He's always been terrible in the ring. APA was his initial claim to fame. Since then Ron Simmons probably has the better character. JBL is a big, fat, rich guy....next...

JBL's promos and segments try way too hard for him to get heat from the fans, but it just doesn't seem like the fans care anymore. His antics are great, but he's pretty washed up to be the killer heel like creative wants him to be.

Beer Money Army

i have been sick of JBL promo's(and himself) since he has returned.. Mr Kennedy Face ones were annoying too....

I think the crowd don't care because it's JBL of the Acolytes, Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw, BlackJack Bradshaw.....

but i personally don't.. He was a lucky man to be given 10 months reign with the wwe title in 2004.. which i thought was a failure to buyrates/ratings, not only that but main event world title match qualites.......

Moonlight Drive

Why doesn't Batista START trying?

I'd rather hear JBL repeat himself than Batista, who is a supposed Main eventer, just say 'My game plan: destroy everyone"

But I like JBL in small doses. Put him on my TV for more than 5 minutes and I start to drift off.