JBL Resigns as Smackdown Commentator

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
tumblr_static_s30o604b27ksw00wwkkokwws.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
SD Live will never be the same again. Jk of course, bring Mauro back now pls. Still here are some of the many famous legendary JBL quotes that he spammed over the years : If you build a sport entertainer from the ground up it would look exactly like Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose just does stuff, that's the kick that won him the world championship Maggle, big match John has done it again ...

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Some of you are forgetting another person who could be good... Rene Young. She's a talented broadcaster and is actually really professional, yet enthusiastic and knows a fair bit about wrestling.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 people

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Some of you are forgetting another person who could be good... Rene Young. She's a talented broadcaster and is actually really professional, yet enthusiastic and knows a fair bit about wrestling.
Didn't forget, I just feel she does her best work as a host or interviewer.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Having Renee in that spot would be awesome...
but...
As we know the WWE is one giant "boys club" so I doubt she'd get the job.

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Hell, I'd take anyone except Otunga. JBL isn't a bad commentator, he's just an asshole, so it's good that he's taking a smaller role

Of course, I'd rather have JBL do one man commentary rather than have Otunga back on Smackdown. Fuck that guy, he's worse than Art Donovan

Reactions: Death Walker

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was happy when JBL came back but now I am glad to see him go. His color commentary really has been nothing more than yelling at people and that got old very quickly. The best heel commentators throughout wrestling history were able to provide excellent color commentary without just yelling like a jackass throughout the show. Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura and Jerry Lawler up until the end of the Attitude Era. Also, he was very inconsistent in his commentary. He would insult a face in one sentence, praise him in the next and then insult him again.

I think JBL's first run as a color commentator worked much better for me. Being paired with Michael Cole worked well because I enjoyed seeing him yell at Cole. But this time, it just didn't work for me.