Jay Lethal has been screwed!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J

if TNA does it right and actually lets Joe defend the X-Division Title instead of what you said, arguing with Angle and stuff.

...but don't come on...We're not stupid...We kno that makin' Joe and Angle fued is actaully what TNA managment will...and i am a huge fan of TNA...but come on man...just face the facts...TNA has bad bookin'...

Great One

Um, you're all failing to see and point out that Lethal DID NOT get pinned. Sabin did. So, Lethal wasn't as 'screwed' as it seems. They could have Lethal feud with Joe after Victory Road and Angle can cost him the match putting the title safely back on Lethal (who hopefully drops the name or the gimmick entirely) who can feud with Shelley/Sabin.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
*Hint* Monty Brown would be in TNA still if they would have quit jobbing him in his last few matches.

And I was wondering the same thing on why Ron The Truth Killings came into that tag team match, very unexpected and didnt make any sense at all. Especially since he hasnt been in the ring for quite awhile.

Jay Lethal immediately losing the TNA X-Division Championship is straight lame. Give him a lil room to grow onto that, and actually defend it!

TNA though is still going strong. They just need a few more tweeks, actually a lot more and they will start to grow and grow and grow.

Black Widow

Reaction score
not me, i hate joe idk why i just dont like the guy. After seeing where they're going with Angle im kinda happy with it, i love his badass heel gimmick. but he can still be his own corky self.

I agree with one part.... I hate joe, He is far overrated and I hate watching his fatass run around that ring thinking hes the shit, and now that he didnt win the world title they give him the X title just so we can continue this stupid joe vs angle fued. Angle could be having a great fued with any other ME in tna why pick someone with no Talent and yes i am talking about Joe still, I hate him and seeing him with the title makes me not wanna watch it, plus the spoilers give away like a month of their on air time and its point less to watch.....

phantomgerald

Jay lethal will get it back after joe is done after victory road trust me, so they's nothing to be afraid of. i think there are two groups of people discussing this, one that sees tna has done no wrong and another constantly looking for some fault in TNA. lets not look too much into this and see how it plays out before critiscing

Chain Gang DX

Reaction score
this is bull. samoa joe is 800 pounds and they make him the x division champ again. bull. jay lethal or any REAL x division member wouda been better

its like making umaga the cw champ

monkeystyle

Reaction score
this is bull. samoa joe is 800 pounds and they make him the x division champ again. bull. jay lethal or any REAL x division member wouda been better

The difference here is TNA has always said theer is no weight limits in the X Division, so your arguement is pointless and invalid.

Truth

Reaction score
I knew TNA would go out of there way for the Champions Match at Victory Road. They tainted Black Machismos first ever title win and it was just stupid to have him win on Sunday. Joe as X Division Champion now is just dumb, and he better lose it to Machismo after Victory Road somehow. TNA is all about the ME and will do anything for there PPV ME, like most likely Team 3D losing there titles to some higher profile people.

MJ807

Reaction score
I don't see why they didn't just let Chris Sabin retain his title or have Lethal win by dq that would've kept Lethal still a credible contendor for the X Division Championship now we probably won't see Lethal in the X Division championship race for a whiole because if Samoa Joe has the title he sure as hell won't be feuding with Jay Lethal.

Markz

Reaction score
Damn it, I hate Somoa Joe, TNA need to push better X-Division talent, pronto!

Frost

Reaction score
Samoa Joe is a over-weight non X-Division fat ass. He only one, because they
want him and Angle to feud leading up to BFG. When I saw this I was utely disugsted. Damn you Samoa Joe, Damn You

Rell

Reaction score
I have noticed that most of the people who are complaining about the X-Division are complaining about the storyline's surrounding the matches, but are not even commenting on the matches that have taken place, after all this is wrestling right? I'm not saying storylines don't belong in wrestling because that would be an idiotic statement to make, however some people are missing the bigger picture....WRESTLING. I'm not a huge fan of TNA, I actually just recently started watching TNA as well as WWE again, but just like TNAisWrestling, I'm tired of people complaining about every little thing TNA does wrong, while the good moves TNA makes go completely unnoticed. I just wish some people would look at wrestling with an unbiased perspective.

BTW, Lethal only won so they could take the belt away from Sabin, if you didn't know, Sabin & Shelley are re-forming their old tag team "The Murder/Motor City Machine Guns"...I just don't like the way they did it. I could see Sonjay (with his new guru gimmick) trying to convince Lethal that everything happens for a reason, which may be some pretty funny segments.

this is a general statement, I'm not referring to anyone specifically

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score

What!?

Your just a Cena fan. Stereotypicial, I know; but Cena fans have rat terrier shit for brains.

Umaga is not as dimensional as Joe is. Joe can do suicide dives, flips, and can move more than Jamaal (LOL YEP I SAID IT) can.

Joe didn't need the X Division championship, because basically he has already carried that belt 2 times in his TNA career before he had just recently carried it. Jay Lethal should still be the Champion.

Or like many others are saying, Sabin should have just held onto it.

This Guy

lol, after Slammi everyone was pissed that Joe didnt win. Now everyone doesnt care about him? What do you people want??

There pissed that Joe didn't win the World Title because he was being pushed as the main man in TNA and ever since Angle's arival in TNA, Joe has taken a step backwards. Winning the X-Division title is a joke, to Joe, to the X-Division, and most of all to Lethal who has become a transitional champion. They could have easily had Sabin drop the title to Joe instead. Instead through piss poor booking of vince russo they have cemented Lethal as nothing more then a flash in the pan with a humor gimmick. Might as well put him right next to Doink the Clown and Eugene.

The only saving grace in this move is that with Joe & Angle teaming up against Team 3D for the tag titles (which btw this new concept match of TNA's is a joke, since the WWE did it over 10 years ago themselves and thats a whole other soap box issue for me which I will discuss at a later time) is that its obvious the plan is to have Angle & Joe win all the titles (even if they go with the same screw job finish to get the belts back on Team 3D like the WWE did) to most likely set up a fued again between Angle & Joe for the title where hopefully this time Joe goes over and wins the title...sadly it won;t mean much this time as Joe is no longer the undefeated wrecking machine he was prior to Angle's arival.

Soulpower

I just see the whole Joe/Angle thing as a way for TNA to build up their feud which should run up until Bound For Glory. I'm guessing Joe wins the title there. Besides, Joe needs some wins in order to be built up as a legitimate title contender once again.

And btw, Rell is right. The storylines behind the matches have been terrible, but the actual X-Divison matches have been quite impressive in the past couple of PPV's.