Jason Reinhardt vs. Edwin Figueroa Set for UFC on Versus 5

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
edwin-figueroa_large.jpg
Edwin Figueroa stepped in on late notice to face Michael McDonald at UFC Fight Night 24. While he came up short, losing a split decision, Figueroa did impress as the bout was awarded Fight of the Night honors. It would seem that the UFC has seen fit to give Edwin a gift at UFC on Versus 5 to show their appreciation for his late notice effort. Via UFC.com:

"Jason Reinhardt and Edwin Figueroa have verbally agreed to face each other in a bantamweight bout, August 14th in Milwaukee," said UFC President Dana White. "With 20 wins, Reinhardt has never gone the distance and Figueroa is coming off a sensational "Fight of The Night" performance against Michael McDonald."

Reinhardt is making his debut at bantamweight after losing his last bout in 48 seconds to Tiequan Zhang at UFC 127. Reinhardt entered that bout with a stellar 20-1. He had previously fought in the UFC at UFC 78 when Joe Lauzon tapped him in a minute and fourteen seconds. Jason took the hard road after the Lauzon fight. Submitting Cody Larson (then 0-0, retired 0-5) and Marcus Hermann (then 2-9, retired 2-11) and taking three years off before returning to the UFC to "test" Zhang.

All I'm trying to say is, let's not get to excited about "20 wins" and "never going the distance" when only three of those wins were against guys with career winning records, two of those coming more than a decade ago and the other coming against a guy whose career didn't last two years.

Figueroa's gutsy effort against McDonald means a whole lot more to me than empty numbers.